Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I photos
Help

I have all apple products, I also have I cloud, it has worked fine up until the last  Mac update. My photos stopped getting uploaded to I photos and the cloud. I did a search looks like others have had the same issue. I tried a couple of things and its not working still. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what fixed it.
I have re booted, signed in and out of the the cloud, which has caused it to re load all of my photos..this has taken a few days but there is still no new ones. Now my phone storage is full.
any help is appreciated
thanks
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
Welcome To The Machine will be along to help you in 3....2....1....
Thanks given by:
I gave up trying to make iCloud work long ago.

Not that I really need it. I still get those super annoying messages getting me to try to buy more space I dont want like once a week though.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 10:54 AM)Heisenberg Wrote: I gave up trying to make iCloud work long ago.

Not that I really need it. I still get those super annoying messages getting me to try to buy more space I dont want like once a week though.

I did upgrade to a bigger size and it was working fine...Prime has photo storage I am not sure how that would work with my phone and stuff..if I cannot get it working I may have to switch

Thanks given by:
I don’t use iPhoto so not sure what is wrong
Try setting it up as per Apple instructions https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
I hate iPhoto. I don’t know why it is not just set up the same as iTunes. 

Anyway, sometimes might be down to multiple accounts on a machine.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
I have only Apple products and no issues with i Photos even after the update. I forget sometimes to turn on my internet on the phone but other than that all is good.
"Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, ‘IF’ it deserves it."
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 12:37 PM)WTTM Wrote: I don’t use iPhoto so not sure what is wrong
Try setting it up as per Apple instructions https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204264

I have no issues WTTM but I took the liberty to save this to my reading list. Thank you as always!
"Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, ‘IF’ it deserves it."
Thanks given by:
to elaborate on the above, my wife and i both have apple id's, she is the one that uses iphoto.

but we both login to the computer for different things.   sometimes it does weird things, like your problem.

also our photos and media is on an external drive, but it is not formatted the icloud way, so it caused problems as well.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 06:11 PM)himmelblau Wrote: to elaborate on the above, my wife and i both have apple id's, she is the one that uses iphoto.

but we both login to the computer for different things.   sometimes it does weird things, like your problem.

also our photos and media is on an external drive, but it is not formatted the icloud way, so it caused problems as well.
I appreciate that some folks don't use apple or the cloud but I am hoping to just resolve the issue it has worked find up until last weekend. I thought it may have been due to the update but now I am not so sure as there is a few photos loaded up after I updated my Mac. I took it too my son and he could not figure it out either, he uploaded the photos by connecting my phone via USB. I also have a 2 terrabite external drive I tried copy all my pictures to it so I could move some hoping that it would fix it, and it is no longer formated for a mac, which is odd because I am sure it was when I first used it. Now some site wants 30 bucks for the driver..so I guess now I will have to save all the photos I have on it and re format..when things work great its easy but as soon as something goes wrong..it can be very frustratiing and stressful. my pictures are very important to me.

Thanks given by:
(2018-11-10, 07:10 PM)Mavid Wrote:
(2018-11-10, 06:11 PM)himmelblau Wrote: to elaborate on the above, my wife and i both have apple id's, she is the one that uses iphoto.

I appreciate that some folks don't use apple or the cloud but I am hoping to just resolve the issue it has worked find up until last weekend. I thought it may have been due to the update but now I am not so sure as there is a few photos loaded up after I updated my Mac. I took it too my son and he could not figure it out either, he uploaded the photos by connecting my phone via USB. I also have a 2 terrabite external drive I tried copy all my pictures to it so I could move some hoping that it would fix it, and it is no longer formated for a mac, which is odd because I am sure it was when I first used it. Now some site wants 30 bucks for the driver..so I guess now I will have to save all the photos I have on it and re format..when things work great its easy but as soon as something goes wrong..it can be very frustratiing and stressful. my pictures are very important to me.
Same as me. Hard drive works fine on the Mac. But it says it isn’t formatted for iCloud. 
I was going to buy a new hard drive and format it the way iCloud wants. But haven’t gotten around to it yet. Maybe there was an update that impacted the drives iCloud would support?
Thanks given by: