Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If Stone truly wants out
What do you think you could expect in return from these teams?

Chicago
Winnipeg
Calgary
New York Islanders
New York Rangers
Thanks given by:
pucks
water bottles
helmets
$5
an I <3 NY t-shirt.
Thanks given by:
Photo 
(2018-09-26, 12:38 PM)PaliSENS Wrote: pucks
water bottles
helmets
$5
an I <3 NY t-shirt.

throw in a #melnykOut cap.

Or a shirt with my avatar pic.
Thanks given by:
DC, i honestly don't think I can ever guess trade values anymore because the Sens are so shite at making hockey trades.

We should get a 1st rounder and decent prospect at the least but will end up with a reclamation project, a conditional 2nd and 3rd
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
I was hoping you'd actually pitch what you think his value is truly worth.
Thanks given by:
He has pretty decent value, imo.
The issue is signing him. That one year arb deal was insane imo.
If you can get him signed to a decent contract, he has incredible value.

The problem is, like Bic said, their history of trades is poor.

If you take away the history, the Ryan O'Reilly deal isn't that far off of what I would expect a decent return.

1st
2nd
prospect

Something like that. Stone is an elite forward.

I'd rather have him on my team than Ryan O'Reilly and he got a 1st, 2nd, and 3 forwards.
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-26, 03:00 PM)theDC Wrote: I was hoping you'd actually pitch what you think his value is truly worth.

If it wasn't for Bergeron, I think Stone would have a Selke nomination at the least. His puck stealing abilities are ridiculous.

I feel he's worth a 1st, an A prospect and a 2nd line forward/2nd pairing defender who's really down on the depth chart for a team at the least. Throw in some more picks/prospects from both sides to even it out if either side feels something is needed and I think that's what his legit value is. This guy can play the PK, PP, 5 on 5, extra attacker, etc.. all at a high level while producing like a top line winger.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-26, 10:34 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-09-26, 03:00 PM)theDC Wrote: I was hoping you'd actually pitch what you think his value is truly worth.

If it wasn't for Bergeron, I think Stone would have a Selke nomination at the least. His puck stealing abilities are ridiculous.

I feel he's worth a 1st, an A prospect and a 2nd line forward/2nd pairing defender who's really down on the depth chart for a team at the least. Throw in some more picks/prospects from both sides to even it out if either side feels something is needed and I think that's what his legit value is. This guy can play the PK, PP, 5 on 5, extra attacker, etc.. all at a high level while producing like a top line winger.

I would agree with that assessment, though, depending on his desire to leave/not commit to Ottawa, I suspect a lot less would be the buy.
Thanks given by:
(2018-09-26, 10:34 PM)bicboi Wrote:

I'd agree with that. Having said that, that looks like a better return than we got for EK so i wouldn't expect anything close to that return for Stone with Dorion as the trigger man in the deal.
Thanks given by:
Stone + Chabot for Nylander, Rosen, Bracco?
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-02, 02:16 PM)MisterZ Wrote: Stone + Chabot for Nylander, Rosen, Bracco?

Nylander, Dermott and a 1st rounder.

Dorion would probably do that initial trade in a heart beat. I wouldn't want to give up Stone for Nylander though. Stone plays in both ends of the ice, produces like a 1st line forward and is nothing but class. Then again, I wouldn't mind if he left this shit show. Sure why not lol
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-02, 02:45 PM)bicboi Wrote:
(2018-10-02, 02:16 PM)MisterZ Wrote: Stone + Chabot for Nylander, Rosen, Bracco?

Nylander, Dermott and a 1st rounder.

Dorion would probably do that initial trade in a heart beat. I wouldn't want to give up Stone for Nylander though. Stone plays in both ends of the ice, produces like a 1st line forward and is nothing but class. Then again, I wouldn't mind if he left this shit show. Sure why not lol

If I'm the leafs, Dermott isn't going anywhere.
I would much rather trade Nylander for a D man.

If I were Ottawa this is what I'd attempt, as I think MTL is desperate to make the playoffs.

To MTL: Stone
To Ottawa: 2019 1st Round pick, Alexander Romanov

Montreal doesn't have their 2019 2nd round pick I believe, otherwise I would've just taken the picks.
Ottawa doesn't need any usable players from MTL and I don't think you are getting Mete, so this is where I would go.

Who knows, MB just might do it lmao
Thanks given by:
Not sure Montreal would do that, they need centres. Stone would be their best forward and marketable as someone with character too. I'd want Mete to be honest but Montreal has two second rounders this year. I'd want one of those in addition to their 1st rounder.

Regardless, I don't think a Stone trade to either makes much sense. I really hope he retires as a Senator but I wouldn't want him to go through the nonsense our other stars have in the past. This is the same organization that didn't want to pay Turris $6.5 million for 7 years. If they undervalued their best centre prior to Duchene, I wouldn't be surprised if they thought Stone is worth no more than $7 million and traded him when he demands a fair contract
Thanks given by:
I like Stone. I frequently draft him in my fantasy pools. He's a stud.
I have merely been saying you should trade him to expedite the rebuild.
I think most teams would want Stone on their team, 1st + a good prospect isn't out of the question, and I would do it in a heartbeat if I was a contending team that needed forward depth. (Which Toronto doesn't really need.)
Thanks given by:
I personally don't trust Dorion to get decent value for him. Its why I'm content with him being one of the vets during this rebuild. I gotta say though, Dorion better find a way to get a first rounder for this years draft.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-02, 04:11 PM)bicboi Wrote: I personally don't trust Dorion to get decent value for him. Its why I'm content with him being one of the vets during this rebuild. I gotta say though, Dorion better find a way to get a first rounder for this years draft.

That's really the stinger.
As a leafs fan I know that pain all too well.
When Boston stepped up and drafted Seguin, it was heartbreaking.
I said it on the EK trade day, that the Sens will be regretting the Duchene trade far more than the EK trade.

I think the only way you're getting a 2019 First is if trade Duchene or Stone.

Regardless we are all just hoping deep down that Melnyk sells the team and you can get a proper management team in there. You can be a budget team if you have good management. Which is clearly not happening right now.
Thanks given by: