Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If a politician posted a photo of a potato on Facebook...
Rainbow 
...just a potato, how long do you think it would take before comments would turn nasty?

Seriously my guess is that the first post would be a bot saying something like "he's so stupid that he probably writes it as potatoe"

Things would go down from there.

There is simply no sense reading any social media related to any political figure anymore as it's just a bunch of tough trolls beating one another up to absolutely no end as they will never ever ever convince the other side. Never.

I guess it makes people feel better? No idea.

I'm very much a non-religious person and for a long time I had heated exchanges with believers until I decided that it was a 100% waste of my time. Because it was. Same on stuff like abortion.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-08, 09:32 AM)Captain aHab Wrote: ...just a potato, how long do you think it would take before comments would turn nasty?

Seriously my guess is that the first post would be a bot saying something like "he's so stupid that he probably writes it as potatoe"

Things would go down from there.

There is simply no sense reading any social media related to any political figure anymore as it's just a bunch of tough trolls beating one another up to absolutely no end as they will never ever ever convince the other side. Never.

I guess it makes people feel better? No idea.

I'm very much a non-religious person and for a long time I had heated exchanges with believers until I decided that it was a 100% waste of my time. Because it was. Same on stuff like abortion.

This is how Wars started years ago.
cfl
Thanks given by:
I'd give it about 30 minutes until the politician is attacked and all hell breaks loose on a Facebook comments section.

Honestly, most topics end up becoming shit shows online I find. I just avoid them and stick to hockey and random pop culture media stuff that's fun to discuss. Saves loads of mental energy and let's me enjoy using social media better.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
This is the only comments section I participate in. They are all prime examples of de-evolution as far as I'm concerned. I don't even look.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
Social media is really just an echo chamber. I don't understand why people get so riled up and obsessed with arguing online because they aren't going to change a single mind.

Agreed with what others have said. Best to just avoid the back-and-forths altogether.
Thanks given by:
He/ she would be accused of being anti Irish
Thanks given by:
I follow a "turnip" on twitter.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled -Mark Twain
Thanks given by: