Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could..........
.........go forward in time, or back in time, which would you choose and how far forward or back would you go. 

I think I would go forward...about 20 yrs, to see what kind of world my grand kids will inherit.
It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled -Mark Twain
Thanks given by:
[Image: miley-cyrus-vma-awards-back-to-the-future.png]
Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Thanks given by:
Im assuming that I would be the same age I am now? do I drop my family, or do they come with me?

If its with my family, I would go back in time 15 years, and make a LOT of money investing in Apple, Amazon and hit the crypto bubble buying bitcoin. retire, and give my kids a solid footing into the future.

If I get to go back in time and re-do life, I think i go back to 18, back through university and have some fun.
Thanks given by:
I'd go back to 1976 and put the $1100 I got for selling my 4H steer all into a little company called Apple.

For $1100 in 76 I would have pretty much owned the company . Wozniak sold his calculator and Jobs sold his old van for a few hundred dollars to finance the launch....In other words in 1976 as a teenager I was wealthier than Jobs and Wozniak combined LOL
" I don't drink these days. I am allergic to alcohol and narcotics. I break out in handcuffs "
Thanks given by:
If I had a chance to retain and pass on all my current knowledge to a younger me I would go back in time to grade 9 and change my attitude. Today I know how to deal with my emotions and struggles in a very healthy and productive way. No matter what problem comes my way, I approach it in a rational manner and I'm always down to learn more or take constructive criticism. I'd go back to grade 9 because I entered this smarty pants program that prepped kids for uni by giving em hard ass academic shit. They also mandated extra curricular activities, which I personally viewed as a chore, but at the same time, I still played sports, organized video game events, and in a band but was too stupid to realize that counts as extra curricular. I would view extra curricular shit as opportunities to have more fun and take a break from school. I also love how I have zero hesitation when it comes to talking to anyone (women, networking events, making new events). 25 year old bic's attitude in a 13-14 year old bic would've probably mitigated a lot of struggles I had. I'd also go vegan asap, have a dog in my life sooner, and attend concerts sooner than when I started at 20!
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Only reason i would go back in time would be to make a fortune on what I know now.

Otherwise, I'm quite happy in the here & now
Thanks given by:
ready my mind? What a tale my thoughts could tell.....
"These things have a way of working themselves out. I'm gonna let the liquor do the thinking."
Thanks given by:
Back...hands down..I would spend more time with my mom instead of complaining whenever she would call and want us to visit. You don't know what you have till its gone..for some reason you think your parents will be around for forever I guess, mom left us at the ripe old age of 56..so yea I would love to go back for sure
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by: Lagavulin , GloryYrs70s
If it's a one-way trip...I'm going back, but only if I can take my family with me.

If it's a return ticket and I'm coming back to the present, I'm going to the future...and coming back with the benefit of being able to predict the future....thus giving me the same benefits that travelling permanently back in time would provide.
Thanks given by:
I would go to the future. I already know what has happened in the past and would be more curious to see what the future looked like.
Liberty And Justice For Most.
Thanks given by:
, get the lottery numbers, go back and then win it big
cfl
Thanks given by:
I love time travel I would go back to so many different points in history just to see how life was. I don't think there is a decade in history that I wouldn't want to at least spend a week in to see what it's like especially back in the days when life so much simpler without technology (yes i know how that sounds but trust me i know what I'm saying).
Thanks given by:
Speaking of time travel, this is pretty cool/sad at the same time.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/world/2018/11...ss-vpx.cnn
Thanks given by:
Don't want to go too far into the future... might find out I'm dead!!!
A leader without followers is just a person taking a walk...
Thanks given by:
I'm torn on this. The image we get of the Jazz era of the 20's or the Golden 50's always appeals to me. But I'm starting to realize, this is all part of the Instagram effect. We're only getting a reduced, romanticized version of those eras. The fact is, women, minorities animals, homosexuals and the filthy Irish had little to no rights and were virtually abused at will.

It's funny we how we have such a bleak view of the future, but I think that says more about today than what will actually occur. We tend predict a post-apocalyptic world, with roving gangs out for blood, but I have a little more faith in the next generations. The unbridled greed and hoarding of the baby-boomers are coming to an end. Plus in 2040, not only will they have all the music they have now, they'll have everything made up to that point too.

In summation, I'm happy where I am right now too, but if I could take a vacation in either one, it would be in the 1920's.
Thanks given by:
Back to June 16, 2015 and hit the STOP button on that escalator!
Thanks given by: Lagavulin , Lagavulin
why, zap?
Thanks given by:
I would go back.  To when, I'm not sure. There's too many Oiler draft day mistakes to fix that it's impossible to pick just one.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-09, 02:03 PM)25YearRebuild Wrote: I would go back.  To when, I'm not sure. There's too many Oiler draft day mistakes to fix that it's impossible to pick just one.

Just go back and fix the first mistake that leads to # 2 and 3 , 4 ,5
cfl
Thanks given by: MisterZ , MisterZ
Or I would go back to that day in 1945 and stop Donald Trump's mother from visiting the orangutan exhibit at the zoo.
Thanks given by: