Ikonen's knee was just operated on...
Rainbow 
...6 months recovery. Great...
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
Boo-urns.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Thanks given by:
I wonder is this is from a lingering issue. His development hasn't really gone like it was projected after he was drafted.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 08:39 AM)labradorcongo Wrote: I wonder is this is from a lingering issue.  His development hasn't really gone like it was projected after he was drafted.

Injury took place end of May.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
Here's a rundown from HEOTP:

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/lates...ect-injury

Side note -
Ikonen in Draft +1 year - 4g, 10a in 52 Liiga games.
Kotkaniemi in Draft year - 10g, 19a in 57 Liiga games.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 08:39 AM)labradorcongo Wrote: I wonder is this is from a lingering issue.  His development hasn't really gone like it was projected after he was drafted.

The injury apparently happened in practice May 28th. Pretty serious if the surgery was scheduled that quickly.

Good thing is he's young, and needs to beef up anyway.
Thanks given by:
I blame MB.
Thanks given by: Gerry Pigeon , Habysmal
Crap happens. He wasn't coming here anyway this season. Hope he gets better but there are more important things to worry about.

On a side note, wasn't Molson and MB just saying how they wished he could be more open about injuries??? Why won't they now just tell the fans exactly what was repaired? Like c'mon...Ikonen is not playing for the Habs. Whatever...
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 10:02 AM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: Crap happens. He wasn't coming here anyway this season. Hope he gets better but there are more important things to worry about.

On a side note, wasn't Molson and MB just saying how they wished he could be more open about injuries??? Why won't they now just tell the fans exactly what was repaired? Like c'mon...Ikonen is not playing for the Habs. Whatever...

... and we have to hear about the scouts' non-renewal from a scout himself. Great communications.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 11:58 AM)on2ndthought Wrote:
(2018-06-14, 10:02 AM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: Crap happens. He wasn't coming here anyway this season. Hope he gets better but there are more important things to worry about.

... and we have to hear about the scouts' non-renewal from a scout himself. Great communications.

I have no illusions that the communication would be improved.  Not sure I'd want it anyway, more b.s. to justify the decisions this regime continue to make.  No thanks, my intelligence doesn't need more insulting.

Either get better at what you do, or just screw it up so royally that MB is finally axed to appease the enraged crowd.  Communication isn't going to appease me at this point, communicate what?  More of "This job is hard", and "No one is giving me a 1C", blah blah, blah.  Nope, keep your communications, I just need results.  Twenty five years of drought, with nary a hint of optimism going forth, makes me wonder if Geoffie has a clue...
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 12:31 PM)Gerry Pigeon Wrote:
(2018-06-14, 11:58 AM)on2ndthought Wrote:

I have no illusions that the communication would be improved.  Not sure I'd want it anyway, more b.s. to justify the decisions this regime continue to make.  No thanks, my intelligence doesn't need more insulting.

Either get better at what you do, or just screw it up so royally that MB is finally axed to appease the enraged crowd.  Communication isn't going to appease me at this point, communicate what?  More of "This job is hard", and "No one is giving me a 1C", blah blah, blah.  Nope, keep your communications, I just need results.  Twenty five years of drought, with nary a hint of optimism going forth, makes me wonder if Geoffie has a clue...

It's a 'react' year, so MB will appear better at what he does. 

A healthy Weber and more peppy Price, IMO, puts the team back on a 95-point path. That's competing for that coveted No. 8 slot, which is the current organizational goal of your storied Montreal Canadiens.

With the trove of picks and a potential Pacioretty trade, he can also sell hope as he blindly flings turd against the wall.

He's gold at least well into the year after next. So the hamster wheel to nowhere will spin on.

#getafteritMB
Thanks given by:

Habs did release a confirmation of the  surgery and that it was the knee that was repaired. 6-month time frame.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 04:00 PM)Scriptor Wrote:

Habs did release a confirmation of the  surgery and that it was the knee that was repaired. 6-month time frame.

Was it an MCL tear? An ACL tear? Both? Maybe a quad/pat tear? What exactly. This is what I meant.
Thanks given by:
Gotcha. Don't know. Didn't really look it up, though. Don't know if the info is out there or not.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
Does it really make a difference if we know EXACTLY what the injury is?

As much as I like to rag on MB and this current administration for the whelm that is constantly under, I don't see how or why disclosing the specifics of the injury is important or necessary for us fans.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 04:14 PM)Scriptor Wrote: Gotcha. Don't know. Didn't really look it up, though. Don't know if the info is out there or not.

This is all tehy have on their website:
MONTREAL - The Kalpa Kuopio Hockey Club and the Montreal Canadiens jointly announced that forward Joni Ikonen underwent surgery on his right knee.
His recovery period is expected to be six months. The procedure was performed on Monday, June 11 by Dr. Hannu Miettinen, at the Kuopio University Hospital in Finland. 
Ikonen suffered the injury on May 28 during an on-ice practice with his teammates in Kuopio. Selected in the second round, 58th overall by the Canadiens in 2017, Ikonen registered 14 points (4-10-14) with Kalpa in 2017-18.
Ikonen will be in Montreal at the end of June to resume part of his rehabilitation program.

I really don't care about the info. I just found it interesting that after all the emphasis Molson and MB made on communicating injuries, the first injury that comes up and they skip out on info LOL.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 04:20 PM)Habysmal Wrote: Does it really make a difference if we know EXACTLY what the injury is?

As much as I like to rag on MB and this current administration for the whelm that is constantly under, I don't see how or why disclosing the specifics of the injury is important or necessary for us fans.

I don't really care but I'm 100% sure there are fans who want to know and they have a right to know. Like I stated above, THEY SAID they would be more open...not me...THEM. Sorry but don't say one thing and do something else.
Thanks given by:
(2018-06-14, 04:27 PM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote:
(2018-06-14, 04:20 PM)Habysmal Wrote: Does it really make a difference if we know EXACTLY what the injury is?

I don't really care but I'm 100% sure there are fans who want to know and they have a right to know. Like I stated above, THEY SAID they would be more open...not me...THEM. Sorry but don't say one thing and do something else.

I get it.  THEY say a lot of stuff then do the exact opposite.  This administration is like the Government.  A bunch of BS.  That being said, just because they said they would be more transparent, does it mean they have to be transparent about EVERYTHING?  That's simply not good business in such a competitive industry.  In all reality, it would be counter productive for them to do so.

And why exactly do fans "have a right to know" all the minutia etc?  Again, that's simply not good business.  I'm not being sassy, just discussing over here.  

Jeez, I can't believe I'm somewhat defending them.

To balance that out, MB is a Purple Eggplant eating banana.

I think I feel better now.
Thanks given by:
Seriously, you know it's a serious injury to the right knee (6 months rehab tells you that). Do you need the friggin' MRI pictures?
Thanks given by:
Right knee is a huge upgrade on lower body injury.
Thanks given by: