Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Injury thread
Tough news. Tkachuk was looking like a ROY candidate
Thanks given by:
That's a really tough break.

It makes it a little tougher to win the Calder, but it doesn't take him out of the race yet. I would be more worried from Ottawa's perspective about what this might do to Ottawa after having a decent positive start to the season.
Thanks given by:
I can only imagine what it must be like to cheer for a team that doesn't constantly run into serious injury issues....

For example, can you imagine being a Leaf fan and watching your team over the past 2+ years... 

In 2016/17 not a single Leaf of note missed more than 10 games due to injury.

In fact, JVR, Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Gardiner, Rielly, Komarov, Zaitsev, Brown, Hyman, Bozak, Hunwick, Polak, Martin and Kadri missed a COMBINED, 33 games... again, this is COMBINED.... and I'm betting a few of those missed games were due to scratches ( ie Polak and Hunwick )  

That same year, Chris Tanev missed 29 games all by himself due to injuries... I would mention the rest of the Canucks injuries, but my calculator would break, hahaha  Cry

Last year, the lucky Leafs did miss AM and Zaitsev for 20 and 22 respectively, but those 2 aside, the following players, JVR, Nylander, Kadri, Marner, Gardiner, Rielly, Bozak, Marleau, Hainsey, Brown, Hyman and Komarov... missed a COMBINED, 20 games... In other words, including AM and Zaitsev, these 14 noted Leafs missed a total of 62 games.

Last year, Chris Tanev and Sven Baertschi missed a total of 69 games due to injuries.... and the rest of the Canucks list is so long it's a wonder we won any games at all. 

To put a finer point on things last year, a total of FOUR Canucks played 75 or more games... at the same time, FOUR Leafs played 80 or more games... and another SIX played all 82...   

To top it off, Freddie played 66 games 2 years ago and another 66 last year. So the Leafers have been fairly lucky in net as well.

I'm sure there are many, many teams in the league that have suffered injuries like my team has in the past couple of years, but I'd be shocked to find any teams luckier than the Leafs have been during the same period.

This doesn't take anything away from this Leafs team in terms of talent... Right now, they are loaded up front, they have a great Number 1 in net and with a few tweaks on the backend, the D could be very good as well... but without PURE luck in the health department, things can go in a completely different direction... very very quickly. 

And Leaf fans, don't even bother praying to the Hockey Gods... They're as useless as crap and never listen. Trust me... I've had words with those dickheads and they don't give a shit!!!  Laugh Laugh Laugh  

PS - Aside from Andersen missing the LA game the other night, things are fine and dandy again in Leaf Land this year. Meanwhile in CanuckLand, Beagle broke his arm blocking a shot and will miss the next 6 weeks and Pettersson is out with a concussion, for who knows how long... 

As for Tanev, I will win big money if he stays healthy for another 2 games, hahahaha.

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by: FormalWare , FormalWare
Frig. The Sens infirmary is already becoming quite crowded.

Pageau
Ceci
Gaborik
Dzingel
Formenton
Tkachuk

That’s not helping a team that already has depth issues with its roster. And we are only 6 games into the season Sad
Thanks given by: Ryu65 , Ryu65
(2018-10-17, 12:42 PM)Heisenberg Wrote: Frig. The Sens infirmary is already becoming quite crowded.

Pageau
Ceci
Gaborik
Dzingel
Formenton
Tkachuk

That’s not helping a team that already has depth issues with its roster.  And we are only 6 games into the season Sad

Sens are looking like Canucks-East...

Thanks given by:
(2018-10-17, 12:30 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote: I can only imagine what it must be like to cheer for a team that doesn't constantly run into serious injury issues....

For example, can you imagine being a Leaf fan and watching your team over the past 2+ years... 

In fact, JVR, Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Gardiner, Rielly, Komarov, Zaitsev, Brown, Hyman, Bozak, Hunwick, Polak, Martin and Kadri missed a COMBINED, 33 games... again, this is COMBINED.... and I'm betting a few of those missed games were due to scratches ( ie Polak and Hunwick )  

That same year, Chris Tanev missed 29 games all by himself due to injuries... I would mention the rest of the Canucks injuries, but my calculator would break, hahaha  Cry

Last year, the lucky Leafs did miss AM and Zaitsev for 20 and 22 respectively, but those 2 aside, the following players, JVR, Nylander, Kadri, Marner, Gardiner, Rielly, Bozak, Marleau, Hainsey, Brown, Hyman and Komarov... missed a COMBINED, 20 games... In other words, including AM and Zaitsev, these 14 noted Leafs missed a total of 62 games.

Last year, Chris Tanev and Sven Baertschi missed a total of 69 games due to injuries.... and the rest of the Canucks list is so long it's a wonder we won any games at all. 

To put a finer point on things last year, a total of FOUR Canucks played 75 or more games... at the same time, FOUR Leafs played 80 or more games... and another SIX played all 82...   

To top it off, Freddie played 66 games 2 years ago and another 66 last year. So the Leafers have been fairly lucky in net as well.

I'm sure there are many, many teams in the league that have suffered injuries like my team has in the past couple of years, but I'd be shocked to find any teams luckier than the Leafs have been during the same period.

This doesn't take anything away from this Leafs team in terms of talent... Right now, they are loaded up front, they have a great Number 1 in net and with a few tweaks on the backend, the D could be very good as well... but without PURE luck in the health department, things can go in a completely different direction... very very quickly. 

And Leaf fans, don't even bother praying to the Hockey Gods... They're as useless as crap and never listen. Trust me... I've had words with those dickheads and they don't give a shit!!!  Laugh Laugh Laugh  

PS - Aside from Andersen missing the LA game the other night, things are fine and dandy again in Leaf Land this year. Meanwhile in CanuckLand, Beagle broke his arm blocking a shot and will miss the next 6 weeks and Pettersson is out with a concussion, for who knows how long... 

As for Tanev, I will win big money if he stays healthy for another 2 games, hahahaha.

Holy crap, Sav, all those stats...

Are you still employed?
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-17, 01:14 PM)MisterZ Wrote:
(2018-10-17, 12:30 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote: I can only imagine what it must be like to cheer for a team that doesn't constantly run into serious injury issues....

Holy crap, Sav, all those stats...

Are you still employed?

LOL... I work from home... and it's a slow day...

Thanks given by: MisterZ
(2018-10-17, 12:42 PM)Heisenberg Wrote: Frig. The Sens infirmary is already becoming quite crowded.

Pageau
Ceci
Gaborik
Dzingel
Formenton
Tkachuk

That’s not helping a team that already has depth issues with its roster. And we are only 6 games into the season Sad

Lol this is insane, can't imagine how they'll keep up their decent start
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:

Leafs have been very lucky on the injury front. Maybe it will catch up to them this year.
Thanks given by:
I forgot about Pageau, that's a player we could really use with this team. With that said, Dzingel should be back next game and Ceci and Formenton are out short-term so hopefully no big imapact there. Tkachuk is a tough loss simply because he's been playing so well and has given this team such a unique presense upfront so he will be missed but it's time for the big boys like Duchene, Ryan and Stone to step up and start scoring some goals too.
Thanks given by:
Christian Dvorak tore a pec at practice and is out indefinitely.
Thanks given by:
Lyndsay Rowley
Lyndsay Rowley
@LyndsayRowley
Pekka Rinne has been placed on IR and Miroslav Svoboda has been called up. #Preds
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
Saros might be just as good as Rinne in any event.......
Thanks given by:
Seth Jones activated for tonight - he missed the first part of the season with an injury suffered in exhibition (I believe it was a knee).
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-22, 06:23 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Saros might be just as good as Rinne in any event.......

You might be right. The Nashville management is very bullish on him.
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-22, 07:03 PM)bchippie Wrote:
(2018-10-22, 06:23 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Saros might be just as good as Rinne in any event.......

You might be right. The Nashville management is very bullish on him.

So, to go along with that D-core, they have TWO Rinne's.

Man, I hate the Preds, lol.
Thanks given by: SAVARYGUY
also, Saros just re-signed for 3 years, $4.5M - that's $4.5M TOTAL - his cap hit for this year and the next two is $1.5M

So, while Ellis' extension kicks in next year and adds $4M or so, Rinne is a UFA and they could potentially let him and his $7M cap hit go....
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-22, 07:08 PM)Pouzar Wrote: also, Saros just re-signed for 3 years, $4.5M - that's $4.5M TOTAL - his cap hit for this year and the next two is $1.5M

So, while Ellis' extension kicks in next year and adds $4M or so, Rinne is a UFA and they could potentially let him and his $7M cap hit go....

With Nashville's luck, Saros will be the next Rinne, this Svoboda kid will the be the next Saros, and the Preds will continue in this infinite loop of elite goaltenders and defenseman.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-22, 07:14 PM)Fritz Wrote:
(2018-10-22, 07:08 PM)Pouzar Wrote: also, Saros just re-signed for 3 years, $4.5M - that's $4.5M TOTAL - his cap hit for this year and the next two is $1.5M

With Nashville's luck, Saros will be the next Rinne, this Svoboda kid will the be the next Saros, and the Preds will continue in this infinite loop of elite goaltenders and defenseman.

"With Nashville's luck,"

You mean with Nashville's excellent drafting track record. :}
 23 more years.
Thanks given by:
 23 more years.
Thanks given by: