Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Injury thread
(2018-10-22, 09:38 PM)bchippie Wrote: I'm watching the Nucks and Washington and shocked how quiet the crowd is. It's noisier in a church or library. I'm posting this because I used to go to many Nucks games (latest was about 6 years ago) and it never used to be like that. It used to be a rockin' building.

Maybe I am getting old, but that sounds really nice to me, lol.

The thing I hate about Oilers games now is how much they try to hype the crowd between whistles and TV timeouts.  Like, just let me wallow in the quiet depression of being an Oilers fan and shut the **** up for a while.  

If something exciting happens during the game, if there is enough dramatic tension being produced on the ice that we're all on the edge of our seats, then that's great.  Obviously, though it is rare, I love the energy in the building during the playoffs, it's fantastic and the fans are loud.

But artificially hyping the crowd with that obnoxious guy that talks to the crowd over the jumbotron, T-shirt cannons, cheerleaders in the stands, deafeningly loud music, ect..., drives me crazy.

Grin
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-22, 09:56 PM)Fritz Wrote:
(2018-10-22, 09:38 PM)bchippie Wrote: I'm watching the Nucks and Washington and shocked how quiet the crowd is. It's noisier in a church or library. I'm posting this because I used to go to many Nucks games (latest was about 6 years ago) and it never used to be like that. It used to be a rockin' building.

The thing I hate about Oilers games now is how much they try to hype the crowd between whistles and TV timeouts.  Like, just let me wallow in the quiet depression of being an Oilers fan and shut the **** up for a while.  

If something exciting happens during the game, if there is enough dramatic tension being produced on the ice that we're all on the edge of our seats, then that's great.  Obviously, though it is rare, I love the energy in the building during the playoffs, it's fantastic and the fans are loud.

But artificially hyping the crowd with that obnoxious guy that talks to the crowd over the jumbotron, T-shirt cannons, cheerleaders in the stands, deafeningly loud music, ect..., drives me crazy.

Grin

lol I actually realized I put it on the injury thread instead and was planning to move it over. Way to make me look smart there Fritz Happy
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-22, 09:59 PM)bchippie Wrote:

Grin

lol I actually realized I put it on the injury thread instead and was planning to move it over. Way to make me look smart there Fritz Happy

i always found the Alberta crowds (not including playoffs) to be very quiet. Especially Calgary.
Thanks given by:

Grin

Part of the reason for that is whenever the crowd starts to get rocking, the p.a. starts with a gazillion annoying announcements..

and you are getting old Laugh
Phill 2:10-11 
Thanks given by:
Boeser out for a game or 2, with a groin injury...

9 games in, Beagle has missed 4 and will likely miss another 15 or so... Pettersson has missed 4 and luckily he might be back again on Wednesday. Forgetting how many Boeser will miss, the Canucks have had 8 man games lost so far and I'm actually pleasantly surprised... hahahaha ( you go Chris Tanev, get to double digits boy )

Out of curiosity , aside from Andersen missing a game sometime last week, have any other Leafs actually missed a single game this year due to injury???

I've never been there before, but once I went there twice...
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-23, 04:41 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote: Boeser out for a game or 2, with a groin injury...

9 games in, Beagle has missed 4 and will likely miss another 15 or so... Pettersson has missed 4 and luckily he might be back again on Wednesday. Forgetting how many Boeser will miss, the Canucks have had 8 man games lost so far and I'm actually pleasantly surprised... hahahaha ( you go Chris Tanev, get to double digits boy )

Out of curiosity , aside from Andersen missing a game sometime last week, have any other Leafs actually missed a single game this year due to injury???

A while ago, someone did a breakdown on man games lost to injury. On average, each team has 3-4 players who are healthy enough to play a full season.

What separates teams like Edmonton/Vancouver from a team like Toronto is the ability to overcome lost games. 

I know he isn't injured but look at teh absence of Nylander. The Leafs have managed fine without him.Long term, his absence might become an issue, but in the short term they have found stop gaps. The teams we cheer for could not deal with a loss of that magnitude. 

It is why we flirt around 15th-25th in the standings and the Leafs are playoff contenders.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-23, 04:48 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2018-10-23, 04:41 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote: Boeser out for a game or 2, with a groin injury...

A while ago, someone did a breakdown on man games lost to injury. On average, each team has 3-4 players who are healthy enough to play a full season.

What separates teams like Edmonton/Vancouver from a team like Toronto is the ability to overcome lost games. 

I know he isn't injured but look at teh absence of Nylander. The Leafs have managed fine without him.Long term, his absence might become an issue, but in the short term they have found stop gaps. The teams we cheer for could not deal with a loss of that magnitude. 

It is why we flirt around 15th-25th in the standings and the Leafs are playoff contenders.

I brought up Toronto because they've been incredibly lucky  the past couple of years, in terms of man games lost... 

I actually posted a "TOF length"  Wink  rundown, earlier in this thread, on how they've fared since 2016.  

We'll have to wait and see how they actually manage without Nylander long term... a little hard to judge the team just yet. They started out scoring like the 80's Oilers but they've managed just 1 goal in their past 2 games, so hard to say. 

As for "our" teams, I like the direction the Canucks are heading , but no doubt , if we have another typical Canuck year, injury wise, we're not nearly deep enough to keep up... 

Your guys , in theory, should be light years ahead of where my team is, and your guys should be able to handle a spate of injuries and still keep up ( as you mentioned TO can ). Any team that's had as many high picks as your team has had over the past decade should have a phenomenal amount of depth and talent. 

But WHY our teams are where they are is for another thread...

Finally, I would REALLY  Cool like to see how TO would overcome an injury riddled season like the Canucks had last year or the year before... or the year before, hahahaha.... It would be interesting to test out your depth theory.

Thanks given by:
Edler down in the first in Vegas... Shocker... 

Beagle out for weeks, Pettersson missing his 5th, Boeser out tonight as well and now Edler goes... 

It's un-believable!!!

Thanks given by:
(2018-10-24, 09:57 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote: Edler down in the first in Vegas... Shocker... 

Beagle out for weeks, Pettersson missing his 5th, Boeser out tonight as well and now Edler goes... 

It's un-believable!!!

They showed the replay. Pacioretty basically hit Edler with a low elbow as he followed through.

It's one of those semi-dirty plays that the NHL wouldn't have a problem with, but would've been avenged back in the day.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-24, 10:02 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote:
(2018-10-24, 09:57 PM)SAVARYGUY Wrote: Edler down in the first in Vegas... Shocker... 

It's un-believable!!!

They showed the replay. Pacioretty basically hit Edler with a low elbow as he followed through.

It's one of those semi-dirty plays that the NHL wouldn't have a problem with, but would've been avenged back in the day.

Not sure of the severity... but Tanev ( shocker ), Edler ( shocker ) and Baertschi... all knocked out in one game. 

What happens in Vegas.... pisses me off...

Thanks given by:
Victor Hedman will be out for at least a week for the Tampa Bay Lightning because of an upper-body injury.

The 27-year-old defenseman, who won the Norris Trophy last season, was injured in the second period of a 3-2 win at the Vegas Golden Knights on Friday when he was hit by forward Ryan Reaves. Hedman left the game and did not return.
Hedman has four points (two goals, two assists) in nine games. The Lightning said he will be re-evaluated in a week.
Defenseman Cameron Gaunce was recalled from Syracuse of the American Hockey League.
Forward Ondrej Palat is day to day after sustaining a lower-body injury blocking a shot in the third period against the Golden Knights.
The Lightning play at the Arizona Coyotes on Saturday (9 p.m. ET; FS-A, SUN, NHL.TV)
When sound found rhythm the dimensions of joy exploded.
Thanks given by:

Do the Canucks now have as many out injured as the rest of the NHL put together?? Par for the course, and of course, it's early

Two HUGE factors, imho: No enforcers, and a ROTTEN Schedule
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-25, 12:00 AM)SAVARYGUY Wrote:
(2018-10-24, 10:02 PM)Canucksfansince1989 Wrote:

It's un-believable!!!

Not sure of the severity... but Tanev ( shocker ), Edler ( shocker ) and Baertschi... all knocked out in one game. 

What happens in Vegas.... pisses me off...

Bring up Macewen and bench Ericksson. Problem solved
Thanks given by:
Austen Matthews got rocked tonight, has not returned
Don’t blame the butter for what the bread did
Thanks given by:
Shoulder injury for Matthews. Shitty news, hopefully it's nothing serious
Thanks given by:
It was a good, strong play by Trouba, but unfortunately, doesn't look good for Mathews.  Maybe it's not too serious, we'll see...

Thanks given by:
(2018-10-27, 10:44 PM)Fritz Wrote: It was a good, strong play by Trouba, but unfortunately, doesn't look good for Mathews.  Maybe it's not too serious, we'll see...

Yup, those kinds of hits are unpredictable. Can be a separated shoulder, dislocated or he could've just had a simple sprain. Matthews is one of those players I love to watch along with McDavid, OV and such, so I hope he gets back soon. And, yes, I hate the Leafs, just like the Oilers. But McDavid and Matthews give me 0 reason to dislike them.
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-27, 10:25 PM)CTS Wrote: Shoulder injury for Matthews.   Shitty news,  hopefully it's nothing serious

See regardless of your team affiliation I can tell your a fan of the game. Matthew's out is bad for the nhl.

Saw some other fans cheering he got injured. Stuff like that pisces me off.
Thanks given by: CTS
(2018-10-27, 11:27 PM)Sportking Wrote:
(2018-10-27, 10:25 PM)CTS Wrote: Shoulder injury for Matthews.   Shitty news,  hopefully it's nothing serious

See regardless of your team affiliation I can tell your a fan of the game. Matthew's out is bad for the nhl.

On this forum?  Or just on social media in general?

And we might have to put "Pisces me off" in the Bictionary.
Thanks given by: Sportking
(2018-10-27, 11:28 PM)Fritz Wrote:
(2018-10-27, 11:27 PM)Sportking Wrote:

On this forum?  Or just on social media in general?

And we might have to put "Pisces me off" in the Bictionary.

Oops typo lol.

Ya social media. Not that it's any better than youtube with some of the comments sometimes but still pretty classless
Thanks given by: