Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Injury thread
(2019-01-08, 02:45 PM)ZappaScores Wrote: Schmaltz done for the year. Too bad, he seemed to be getting it together with Phoenix.

I completely agree Zaps,

Schmaltz has been great this season for Arizona and this graphic shows just how much he will be missed.

[Image: DwagpLGV4AAew_v.jpg]
Thanks given by: ZappaScores
As Bob Stauffer likes to say, the NHL is a middle class league.

Skill players will always be secondary in the eyes of the league. To them, the middle 6 drives the league.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-08, 04:34 PM)topgun Wrote:
(2019-01-08, 02:45 PM)ZappaScores Wrote: Schmaltz done for the year. Too bad, he seemed to be getting it together with Phoenix.

I completely agree Zaps,

Schmaltz has been great this season for Arizona and this graphic shows just how much he will be missed.

[Image: DwagpLGV4AAew_v.jpg]

Interesting thing is that Strome was doing REALLY well until recently with Chicago. But, overall, he's getting back in the black.

This might've been one of those trades that actually benefited both teams. I sure hope not...
Thanks given by:

I think at least two maybe three in this list are injured so is it the tracing staff that is the problem or the fault of the two fired guys?
Thanks given by:
They've almost gone through as many goalies as the Oilers have 7th defenceman.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-09, 03:08 PM)Fritz Wrote: They've almost gone through as many goalies as the Oilers have 7th defenceman.

In order for the Oilers to have a 7th defenceman position available, isn't it necessary they have 6 other defensemen?
Laugh
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-09, 02:41 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: As Bob Stauffer likes to say, the NHL is a middle class league.

Skill players will always be secondary in the eyes of the league. To them, the middle 6 drives the league.

I agree with the first sentence. The second one is ridiculous.

And who is "them"?
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-10, 06:35 PM)Limestoner Wrote:
(2019-01-09, 02:41 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: As Bob Stauffer likes to say, the NHL is a middle class league.

I agree with the first sentence. The second one is ridiculous.

And who is "them"?

Them is the nhl.
Thanks given by:
Zach Bogosian our 5-6 months after hip surgery. Wow, that guy hasn’t played more than 65 games since ‘10-‘11.
Thanks given by:
Laine back problem all season, and groin injury in the playoffs
Ehlers had a fracture in his foot (happened in game 5)
Tanev had surgery to repair his broken finger before the playoffs
Scheif isn't going to the World Championships, likely due to injury
Morrissey, according to some local reports, rushed back from his injury
Thanks given by: