Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the iPhone XS Max worth the price?
It would cost $1519 plus taxes if buying it outright. If getting it through Rogers on a plan the monthly cost would probably be $90+ a month if I don't buy it outright.

I currently have the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge (from 2016).
Thanks given by:
Absolutely not. Every Iphone I have owned I am lucky to get 2 years out of it. Paying $1500+ for a device with a short lifespan is criminal. Cell phones are some of the most overpriced pieces of shit out there. They cellphone providers and manufacturers have the consumers by the balls and rig the prices and plans to gouge their customers.
Thanks given by: TheNumber13 , divit , GloryYrs70s , CaperLeaf
I don't know why you would consider buying it out at that price? Just get a plan as you'll be replacing it in about 2 years time anyways
Thanks given by: TheNumber13 , GloryYrs70s
Status symbol for the vapid.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-12, 09:51 AM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Absolutely not. Every Iphone I have owned I am lucky to get 2 years out of it. Paying $1500+ for a device with a short lifespan is criminal. Cell phones are some of the most overpriced pieces of shit out there. They cellphone providers and manufacturers have the consumers by the balls and rig the prices and plans to gouge their customers.

Did you switch over to an Android brand? I was thinking of maybe even settling for just the Iphone XS (not Max) or X. I've never owned an Iphone but thought it's worth it since I have a Macbook, then everything is connected on one ecosystem.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-12, 11:01 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote:
(2019-06-12, 09:51 AM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Absolutely not. Every Iphone I have owned I am lucky to get 2 years out of it. Paying $1500+ for a device with a short lifespan is criminal. Cell phones are some of the most overpriced pieces of shit out there. They cellphone providers and manufacturers have the consumers by the balls and rig the prices and plans to gouge their customers.

Did you switch over to an Android brand? I was thinking of maybe even settling for just the Iphone XS (not Max) or X. I've never owned an Iphone but thought it's worth it since I have a Macbook, then everything is connected on one ecosystem.

Unfortunately I got stuck in the Apple universe many generations ago. I have paid apps that I don’t want to lose or re-purchase. I do have an iMac and AppleTv and the integration of their products is quite nice. My current contract is up on my phone as of a couple weeks ago and I am weighing the pros and cons of switching from Apple to Android.
Thanks given by: TheNumber13 , TheNumber13
(2019-06-12, 11:12 AM)Nuclearsun Wrote:

Unfortunately I got stuck in the Apple universe many generations ago. I have paid apps that I don’t want to lose or re-purchase. I do have an iMac and AppleTv and the integration of their products is quite nice. My current contract is up on my phone as of a couple weeks ago and I am weighing the pros and cons of switching from Apple to Android.

McDonald's sells Kids Happy Meals for the same reasons.
I was warned about the dangers of getting old, but I did it anyways. 
Thanks given by:
Save your money, look at something else. You can get a Huawei phone that's just as good as the Apple for a hell of a lot less
cfl
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-12, 08:51 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: Save your money, look at something else. You can get a Huawei phone that's just as good as the Apple for a hell of a lot less

Thanks for the tip, Chairman Cliff.
Thanks given by: Bong13
(2019-06-12, 11:17 PM)Whattagame Wrote:
(2019-06-12, 08:51 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: Save your money, look at something else. You can get a Huawei phone that's just as good as the Apple for a hell of a lot less

Thanks for the tip, Chairman Cliff.

I'm being serious.  look for yourself
cfl
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-12, 11:12 AM)Nuclearsun Wrote:

I heard the new Iphone is coming out in three months (around their usual release date) so maybe the prices of these X's will drop then.
Thanks given by:
Get a Pixel.
The MB Trifecta: Low Cost, Low Risk, No Return
Thanks given by:
I have an iPhone 6s and, after 2 years, the battery is shit.  Good for about 3 hours and dies.  Considering I use the MapMyRide app to track bike rides, this makes it pretty much useless.  Just bought a replacement battery from Amazon this week for $31 so hopefully that will solve the problem.  Apple even admitted they were using outdated batteries in this phone so I don’t trust them anymore.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf

#1 reason I have not paid a dime for any of the 2 Apple phones I have had! My daughter has corporate plan through the company she works for and can upgrade for free while keeping her plan every 3 years. She then hands the old ones to me. I started out wit iPhone 4s and now I have iPhone 6s on a $25.00 basic phone plan.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-13, 08:47 AM)GloryYrs70s Wrote: I have an iPhone 6s and, after 2 years, the battery is shit.  Good for about 3 hours and dies.  Considering I use the MapMyRide app to track bike rides, this makes it pretty much useless.  Just bought a replacement battery from Amazon this week for $31 so hopefully that will solve the problem.  Apple even admitted they were using outdated batteries in this phone so I don’t trust them anymore.

Glory, I have an iPhone 6s and I have no issues but then again I only use it as a phone.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-12, 09:15 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote: It would cost $1519 plus taxes if buying it outright. If getting it through Rogers on a plan the monthly cost would probably be $90+ a month if I don't buy it outright.

Make sure you check any deals on data.i got 14gb for $35 from Bell

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Good Day and Good Mental Health Frasier
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-15, 06:39 PM)shawn81 Wrote:
(2019-06-12, 09:15 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote: It would cost $1519 plus taxes if buying it outright. If getting it through Rogers on a plan the monthly cost would probably be $90+ a month if I don't buy it outright.

Holy **** that's an amazing deal.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-15, 08:36 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote:

If it's in addition to Bells usual $70 plan then it's nothing special. Theres no way he got a full talk and data plan for $35 from Bell.
Thanks given by:
I ended up upgrading to the iPhone XR for $0. Increased our shared data from 6Gb to 11Gb, also got a Samsung A50 for $0 and a Samsung tablet. Got the iPhone for $0 on a lower tier plan by adding AppleCare for 3 months at $16, after 3 months we will remove it. Otherwise it was $159 for the phone. The tablet is $10 a month for 2 years but came with a bonus 2Gb of data. It was cheaper to take the tablet for the data than to add more data to the plan. All-in-all we over doubled our data, two phones and a tablet and our bill only goes up $10/mth once we cancel that AppleCare after 3 months. We also have a tablet that has LTE which is nice.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-15, 08:40 PM)Ryu65 Wrote:
(2019-06-15, 08:36 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote:

If it's in addition to Bells usual $70 plan then it's nothing special. Theres no way he got a full talk and data plan for $35 from Bell.
It's just data I was paying that for 2 gb i think awhile ago

People said I was dumb but I proved them. Fry from Futurama 
Good Day and Good Mental Health Frasier
Thanks given by: