Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this the real Drouin
Has he finally turned into the player we all hoped. I sure hope so. He's been a pleasure to watch lately.

Out of Drouin’s 46 points so far this season, 40 are primary points (goals and primary assists)

Jonathan Drouin has 40 P1 (primary points) which is the most of any Hab this season with Domi behind him at 37 primary points. This places him with the 38th most primary points in the league and with more primary points than the following:
Ryan O’Reilly (39 P1, 55 Pts) Evgeni Malkin (37 P1, 55 Pts) Mika Zibanejad (39 P1, 53 Pts) Nicklas Backstrom (38 P1, 53 Pts) Patrice Bergeron (37 P1, 51 Pts) Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (33 P1, 51 Pts) Jonathan Huberdeau (39 P1, 52 Pts) Jake Guentzel (38 P1, 51 Pts) Evgeny Kuznetsov (31 P1, 49 Pts) Matthew Barzal (32 P1, 48 Pts) Ryan Johansen (33 P1, 48 Pts) Jakub Voracek (36 P1, 48 Pts) Logan Couture (38 P1, 48 Pts) Teuvo Teravainen (35 P1, 49 Pts) Sean Couturier (38 P1, 48 Pts) Zach Parise (35 P1, 48 Pts) Pierre-Luc Dubois (35 P1, 48 Pts) Auston Matthews (39 P1, 46 Pts) Evander Kane (36 P1, 47 Pts) Gustav Nyquist (32 P1, 47 Pts) All defensemen (Brent Burns leads all defensemen with 38 P1)
And tied with:
Gabriel Landeskog (40 P1, 55 Pts) Cam Atkinson (40 P1, 54 Pts) Aleksander Barkov (40 P1, 54 Pts)
Thanks given by: FormalWare
Wow. Maybe Jon Drou playing to his potential is why the Habs are "overachieving".

Careful, BC - you'll get our hopes up.
---
Give Marc Bergevin some credit.
(He'll pay you back with -10% interest.)
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 03:10 PM)FormalWare Wrote: Wow. Maybe Jon Drou playing to his potential is why the Habs are "overachieving".

Careful, BC - you'll get our hopes up.

Who said anything about overachieving? The best is still yet to come from the Habs, Happy
Thanks given by:
Whoa - 40 primary points out of 46 points is quite a notable stat - I am one of those that is on board with primary points being an indicator of additional value.
Thanks given by:
He can be electrifying when he wants to be. The world is his oyster atm.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
If Drouin ends the season with 25Gs and 65+Ps, I'll be ecstatic for the kid, especially if he back checks as well as he has been doing of late. He'll be a complete enough player for me.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 03:11 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Whoa - 40 primary points out of 46 points is quite a notable stat - I am one of those that is on board with primary points being an indicator of additional value.

What if it had been 6 out of 6, for 100%, would that have been better? Wink
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
I think he can be a 75-point winger.

Consistency is the key, though.

I mentioned the other day he had nine points in three games, but only 11 in the previous 23.

So, 20 points in 26 games... not too shabby. But often it's the how and when more than the how many.

If he has 50 points and 40 of them are primary - but 25 of them come in blowouts or in a cluster of games, etc., it's not as impressive.

Requires more context. Without looking deeper into any numbers, my untrained eye tells me he's a remarkable talent who lacks consistency.

I look forward to playoff Drouin.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 04:03 PM)RightNyder Wrote: I think he can be a 75-point winger.

I mentioned the other day he had nine points in three games, but only 11 in the previous 23.

So, 20 points in 26 games... not too shabby. But often it's the how and when more than the how many.

If he has 50 points and 40 of them are primary - but 25 of them come in blowouts or in a cluster of games, etc., it's not as impressive.

Requires more context. Without looking deeper into any numbers, my untrained eye tells me he's a remarkable talent who lacks consistency.

Points well taken. However, we're +10 thru 56 games. Not many blowouts.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 04:06 PM)bchippie Wrote:

Yeah, that was a generalization. Could be when it's 4-1, or 3-1 with 25 seconds left, into an empty net, whatever. And nine in three games is great, but how about 9 in six tough games that we win five of, etc.

Point is, not all goals are created equal. That someone with his puck skills gets a lot of primary points shouldn't be a surprise - he's the focal point offensively when he's out there.

Given even the most sprinkled-covered among us has muttered about his occasional invisibility or seeming ambivalence, I'd say that remains the issue. And again, in the playoffs, when everyone works hard, it's often the talent that decides the games.

So I look forward to playoff Drouin. If he lays an egg, I could care less how many regular-season primary points he has.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 04:15 PM)RightNyder Wrote:

Yeah, that was a generalization. Could be when it's 4-1, or 3-1 with 25 seconds left, into an empty net, whatever. And nine in three games is great, but how about 9 in six tough games that we win five of, etc.

Point is, not all goals are created equal. That someone with his puck skills gets a lot of primary points shouldn't be a surprise - he's the focal point offensively when he's out there.

Given even the most sprinkled-covered among us has muttered about his occasional invisibility or seeming ambivalence, I'd say that remains the issue. And again, in the playoffs, when everyone works hard, it's often the talent that decides the games.

So I look forward to playoff Drouin. If he lays an egg, I could care less how many regular-season primary points he has.

Its the players that he's ahead of that impresses me the most and he didn't lay an egg in the playoffs with Tampa.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 04:18 PM)bchippie Wrote:

Its the players that he's ahead of that impresses me the most and he didn't lay an egg in the playoffs with Tampa.

I expect big things from playoff Drouin.

Playoff Drouin has a chance to supplant Angry Weber and everyday Chapud as my favourite.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 04:21 PM)RightNyder Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 04:18 PM)bchippie Wrote:

I expect big things from playoff Drouin.

Moi aussi.
Thanks given by:

If he's anything like Playoff PK was for us, you can add my name to the roster of the Looking Forward Team. (An engaged, 200-ft Drouin is a force to be reckoned with.)
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 04:23 PM)johnnylarue Wrote:

If he's anything like Playoff PK was for us, you can add my name to the roster of the Looking Forward Team. (An engaged, 200-ft Drouin is a force to be reckoned with.)

Thanks, Downeretty.

Ruin my buzz by mentioning Playoff P.K.

[Image: tenor.gif]
Thanks given by:
Angry Weber, Playoff Drouin and OT Chapud.

Now there's your 'look forward to' leaderboard.
Thanks given by:

IMO he was Tampa's best forward in the playoffs a few years back. Hasn't been the playoffs since, I think. Tampa missed one year and we missed last year.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 04:28 PM)bchippie Wrote:

IMO he was Tampa's best forward in the playoffs a few years back. Hasn't been the playoffs since, I think. Tampa missed one year and we missed last year.

Indeed, that was the performance that raised his stock considerably. (He may have benefitted from some favourable match-ups given TB's depth, but still...)
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 04:25 PM)RightNyder Wrote:

Thanks, Downeretty.

Ruin my buzz by mentioning Playoff P.K.

[Image: tenor.gif]

What can I say? I'm an "ass half-empty" kinda guy.
Thanks given by:
(2019-02-12, 04:38 PM)johnnylarue Wrote:
(2019-02-12, 04:28 PM)bchippie Wrote:

Indeed, that was the performance that raised his stock considerably. (He may have benefitted from some favourable match-ups given TB's depth, but still...)

Stamkos was injured so I don't know if he got any favorable matchups.
Thanks given by: