Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It begins
Leicester v United

Starts now
Thanks given by:
Handball, not sure what the announcer is talking about, guy has his arm extended and uses it to push the ball out of Alexis' path. He's still talking about it...
Thanks given by:
Opening matches so far have been a poor excuse for entertainment. 

Additionally, I can't help but feel a tad embarrassed for the EPL and their decision to play the season without VAR.  The product looks crippled to me.
"Feeling silly and sublime", most of the time.
Thanks given by:
Lol 4-0 loss for the hammers. My prof is gonna never let me live it down. Enjoy your start to the season Milt and Lillypad
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
We weren't quite as manhandled as the Hammers were, but we got a decent hiding by the league #1.  I guess you could say that we looked very organized while getting our asses handed to us in the season opener.
Thanks given by:
Tough opener for Arsenal. All the other front runners got a somewhat predictable start (except for City, who obviously might also have preferred an easier opener) .

My verdict? United made hard work of an industrious and competitive Laicester who lacked the quality of Mahrez and Vardy ( who was a late sub). Though to ge fair Uniteds team thrown together on short notice will feel it was a well earned 3 points.

Chelsea did a nice job of brushing Huddersfield aside after looking well off the pace in the Charity shield game versus City last week.

Liverpool thrashed West Ham without breaking a sweat.

City also looked like they had two or three more gears against a fairly ragged looking Arsenal.

Enjoyable start to the season. I must admit the VAR WC experience has done me in a bit. I barely celebrated any of Liverpool goals all of which had a whiff of a potential recall ( Manes 2nd was a mile off) forgetting that VAR wasn't being employed.
Thanks given by:
I was impressed with the style of play Leicester had. And that Madison kid had an all world performance, how long until he's poached? They're going to be a tough team to beat this year, I expect to see them challenging for a spot in Europe's B competition.

I only caught the second half of City/Arsenal, there is something wrong with the game when you can bring on KDB and Sane as subs to kill time.
Thanks given by:
I thought Arsenal looked okay, but City are another class above. I think others, including Arsenal, have the potential to be at City's level, but not as consistently as City. They just have too many options they can plug in and out depending on a variety of factors.

I was impressed with Guendouzi. He had one big blunder on that Aguero break, but otherwise I thought he looked good as a box-to-box type of guy. A pleasant surprise.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 04:46 PM)encore Wrote: I thought Arsenal looked okay, but City are another class above. I think others, including Arsenal, have the potential to be at City's level, but not as consistently as City. They just have too many options  they can plug in and out depending on a variety of factors.

I was impressed with Guendouzi. He had one big blunder on that Aguero break, but otherwise I thought he looked good as a box-to-box type of guy. A pleasant surprise.

I agree entirely.  It's always hard to judge a team when the opposition is so obviously superior.
Thanks given by: