Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January Transfers 2019
Couple of names being bandied about for Arsenal: PSG's Nkunku and Inter's Perisic. If I'm choosing, I'll take Nkunku. Not as established, but Perisic is turning 30 in a week. Nkunku is only going to get better.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-26, 12:08 PM)encore Wrote: Couple of names being bandied about for Arsenal: PSG's Nkunku and Inter's Perisic. If I'm choosing, I'll take Nkunku. Not as established, but Perisic is turning 30 in a week. Nkunku is only going to get better.

I guess then it's plan B for the Gunners?  Can't find upgrades in central defence, so let's buy more offence.  Ah well, it's never boring when you know you must score at least twice per match in order to secure a chance at points.
"To love life is to plant trees, under which shade you may never sit"
Thanks given by:
Hey, Henry lasted 4 months as head coach in Monaco. He coaxes Cesc over (panic buy), and then gets 'suspended'. Suspended?
Thanks given by:
I've been resisting....but the temptation is building.

Sporting Lisbon hosting Benfica next Sunday.  Would you go?
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-27, 05:35 AM)Arsenal Wrote: I've been resisting....but the temptation is building.

Might as well experience Portuguese soccer while you're there
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Perisic has handed in a transfer request.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-27, 05:35 AM)Arsenal Wrote: I've been resisting....but the temptation is building.

Sporting and Benfica? Absolutely.

Any combo of Sporting, Benfica, or Porto and I'd go for sure.

I probably wouldn't go see Aves v Tondela though
Thanks given by:

Yeah dude.  You should!  Wear black and watch the whole spectacle.

Sporting has a couple of older legends in their squad.  Nani...Bas Dost...Jeremy Mathieu.  Benfica is chasing the title from second spot.  Plus it's a cool spectacle.

Wear black and have a Sagres.
Thanks given by:
Fellaini to China
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-30, 11:54 AM)theDC Wrote: Fellaini to China

Man, I've said it 100x.  The lad could play Cb at Arsenal and be a serious upgrade to what we've got going on there for years now.
Thanks given by:
Looks like Suarez announcement is imminent. It's gonna be crowded in that Arsenal midfield.

It's a strange little deal. The Arsenal only wanted him on loan, and Barca wanted them to buy, and the player is out of contract this summer. Barca got the player to sign a one year extension thereby protecting the player's value, and Arsenal got the loan, plus a non binding option to purchase outright this summer. So yeah, let's see what the kid's got!

Now the spotlight moves to Ramsey...do we let him go to Italy early?
Thanks given by:
Martial extends with United for 5 years. Good move all 'round. I hope he keeps his form up and doesn't let the off field stuff get too silly.

Fellaini has always been a polarizing player. I liked him under LVG and Jose, but I understand why he doesn't really have a place in the team now.

Arsenal - I totally agree with you about the centre back position. I'm not sure why it's never been done. He's a decent passer...I guess the only thing is he's not that mobile.

I'm sure he'll bounce back out of China after a few years.
Thanks given by: