Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
January transfers
I have to think the Carroll thing is another money laundering scheme.
Did anyone see that the Mayor of Liverpool made a formal complaint to the police about the transfer of Barkley? He did. He said he believed there may have been "financial irregularities".

I've always said Chelsea's dealings are dodgy as hell. Abramhovic is a gangster.
Thanks given by:
Good job Milt, now we're on the Red Mafia's watchlist cuz of that comment.

Who does everyone dislike more? Abramovich or Sheikh Mansour?
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
So, Theo to Everton.  I wonder if Sam gives him a chance in the free role in front of Wayne, or if Lenon simply drops to the bench?
Will also respond to new RAW name AFKAA (artist formerly known as Arsenal)
Thanks given by:
Theo will play wide right. The bought some other dude from Turkey to play up front. God knows where Rooney will play, because Sigurdsson will be the playmaker.

Bic, nobody hates Mansour, because gives a shit about City.
Thanks given by: theDC
(2018-01-18, 05:09 AM)miltonred Wrote: Theo will play wide right. The bought some other dude from Turkey to play up front. God knows where Rooney will play, because Sigurdsson will be the playmaker.

Theo got a raw deal at Arsenal, especially this season.  Everyone can see that Lacazette is unprepared at this time to carry the scoring load, and Danny is, well, he's Danny.  I would have pumped up Theo and given him a really good run in the team.  It epitomizes the status of the team right now...we just crapped on a loyal Arsenal man.

Speaking of goal scoring...we could use that dirty bugger Hammer Andy to lead our line right now.  The team is crying out for leadership and a little sandpaper.
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-18, 07:49 AM)Arsenal Wrote:
(2018-01-18, 05:09 AM)miltonred Wrote: Theo will play wide right. The bought some other dude from Turkey to play up front. God knows where Rooney will play, because Sigurdsson will be the playmaker.

Theo got a raw deal at Arsenal, especially this season.  Everyone can see that Lacazette is unprepared at this time to carry the scoring load, and Danny is, well, he's Danny.  I would have pumped up Theo and given him a really good run in the team.  It epitomizes the status of the team right now...we just crapped on a loyal Arsenal man.

Speaking of goal scoring...we could use that dirty bugger Hammer Andy to lead our line right now.  The team is crying out for leadership and a little sandpaper.
The thing that gets me about any team that buys Carroll, is the amnesia.
He is never fit. Why would anyone buy someone, even as a stop gap, if you can't rely on him to be available?
Sturridge, we will never get any money for him.
Thanks given by:
Carroll is wayy too fragile amto be a leader Arsenal.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-18, 09:43 AM)bicboi Wrote: Carroll is wayy too fragile amto be a leader Arsenal.

Pfft... he'd be their muscle! lol
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-18, 10:27 AM)theDC Wrote:
(2018-01-18, 09:43 AM)bicboi Wrote: Carroll is wayy too fragile amto be a leader Arsenal.

Pfft... he'd be their muscle! lol

Fragility....pft...he'd fit right in.
Thanks given by:
Looks like we're ordering off menu, and we're bringing in a couple of "older" mal contents from smaller clubs as emergency stop gaps. This is what it's come down to...panic buying. The current state of the team has nothing to do with the players. The performance of the team this year is due simply to piss poor management of the on field assets.
Thanks given by:
LOL @ Walcott getting a raw deal at Arsenal. Dude had more chances than Hillary Clinton. What did I say about him about four years ago? I said he needs to be played as a striker. But no one listens to Ol' Busby.

I do find it really rich that Arsenal are out for all these attacking players. Need a line leader? Olivier ***** Giroud is such a good line leader, why don't you play him?! He's not injured as far as I know. Aubameyang to replace Sanchez? What? Why? Walcott wasn't a regular, so I get it. What Arsenal need is an anchor in midfield and two proper central defenders that remember, for 90 minutes plus injury time, that they're central defenders.

On the topic that Arsenal are strengthening their rivals....they have no choice. What would you rather do? Sell your old lawnmower for $50 or throw it out in three months? Sanchez is gone regardless. The plan to get anything is a positive plan at this point. Frankly, why are we letting them get Mkhitaryan? We should just execute him and write his wages off as a business loss on our taxes. He's going to be amazing for them.
Thanks given by:
The Sanchez drama is over.

A straight swap of Sanchez for Henrik Mkh, no extra money involved.

Have to say, as much as Alexis is the better player, Arsenal did very well to get a quality player considering Alexis was leaving anyway.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
This is a great move for United.
Mickey Terry Anne was adding nothing to that team, and they've swapped him for one of the best attacking players in Europe. Sanchez will hit the ground running for United and could well help them to some silverware this year.
United don't have to worry about the cost, they're loaded
Thanks given by:
(2018-01-20, 06:23 PM)miltonred Wrote: This is a great move for United.
Mickey Terry Anne was adding nothing to that team, and they've swapped him for one of the best attacking players in Europe. Sanchez will hit the ground running for United and could well help them to some silverware this year.
United don't have to worry about the cost, they're loaded
I'm less optimistic for you guys, and interested in the fit at United, Bus.  The lad is less than professional, and you've now made him the highest paid player in the league.  Good luck with that. How will united use him....in Martial's spot?  That could kill a promising young player.  Does Lukaku drop to the bench?  

I have no concerns about Heiny fitting in for us...zero.  My prediction it is Heiny who'll hit the ground running, and Sanchez who'll require time to carve out his role at utd.
Thanks given by:
I'm a little concerned with where Mkh will play in Arsenal's lineup. Is he going to play along the right side or up the middle? Isn't he a similar player to Ozil?
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 08:26 AM)encore Wrote: I'm a little concerned with where Mkh will play in Arsenal's lineup. Is he going to play along the right side or up the middle? Isn't he a similar player to Ozil?
I predict Mkh will be a dream to coach for Wenger.  He's got a great motor, and he's very responsible.  My guess is he'll simply play the same role as Sanchez, on the left hand of god.  Monreal will link up well with Mkh.  Further, Arsenal football club hasn't been able to cross a ball from wide positions since over mars left.  We now have a ball crosser.  Lacazette better start developing his verticals.

Let's face it, our team had become the Ozil/ Sanchez show, and that's not Arsenal football.  The drop off in creative offensive play was cliff-like when either, or both were injured.  We need to get back to total football.

I do agree with Busby though about our back line ....every time we start Chambers and Holding in our back three means that we have to score three to get a result.  I don't think we're a top 6 side with those two youngsters starting, no matter how much offence we add.
Thanks given by:
As I said above, Mkhitaryan will be excellent for Arsenal. It was clear to me with his time at United that one; he didn't fit into Jose's system or requirements, and two; he needed constant game time to smooth out his ups and down periods. He will get both at Arsenal given the significant lack of ready-to-go players. That's not a dig at Arsenal, but they don't have the competition for spots at the moment. Basically, it seems like first refusal on positions for a selection of players.

On that topic, I think Sanchez bucks up the ideas of a few United players, like Martial and Rashford and Lukaku who aren't really facing much legitimate competition. They get played, seemingly regardless of form. Sanchez can displace any of a front three, or left and right midfield three.

What I like about Sanchez, and a lot of South American players, is for better or worse, they have no loyalty to the teams in England. Sanchez, seemingly has no loyalty at all! What they don't possess is a desire to sit on a bench and collect a giant wage (like some Englishmen). I know Arsenal fans might suggest otherwise, given his recent behavior, but I put this down to Arsenals ambition. Even when he was on the pitch he looked to be up for it.

It's a really interesting situation that further makes the market and world of football seem insane. I mean, Pogba is literally a ***** bargain at this point......
Thanks given by: