Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
John Scott opens up about Phil Kessel incident

I had a chuckle. Scott’s seems like a great dude.
Thanks given by:
Kessel's reaction to John Scott trying to jump him was hilarious. Starting swinging his stick like a little bitch, which is obviously dangerous, but he was aiming for the legs and not above the waist at least.
Thanks given by: Canucksfansince1989
(2019-07-10, 08:52 PM)Ryu65 Wrote: Kessel's reaction to John Scott trying to jump him was hilarious. Starting swinging his stick like a little bitch, which is obviously dangerous, but he was aiming for the legs and not above the waist at least.

Yes, he looked week obviously, but I don’t blame him either. John Scott might as well have been a bear chasing after him as Kessel would have about the same chances of winning an altercation with John Scott as a bear.

I respect that John Scott gave him a warning so that he wouldn’t actually hurt him if Kessel chose to turtle or do what he did.

Randy Carlyle deserves a lot of blame here. He dared John Scott and John Scott answered the dare.
Thanks given by:
If that didn’t sum up Randy’s tenure with the leafs...
Thanks given by: Canucksfansince1989
Thanks for this clip, goddam hilarious, and yes, Scott comes off as a funny and decent guy.

Totally understand why he'd be pissed after his teammate got crushed, and also understand that if Carlyle dared him by sticking Phil in harm's way, well, he's gotta go through with his threat...

If I were Phil, I'd be having a few words with Randy afterwards...lol
Play not to lose, build around Carey, sell hope, make money.
Thanks given by: TheOilerFan83
When you think about it, had Scott got ahold of Kessel and caved his face in...how stupid does a smirking Randy Carlyle look throwing his best player into the lion's cage as some sort of schoolyard "you won't do it" dare/challenge to John ****ing Scott, in a pre-season game no less.
I used to really dislike Scott. He was the prototypical talentless hack who’s only purpose was fighting.

That All Star nomination has really changed my opinion on him and enforcers in general. Not that I am against enforcers. I’ve always respected and appreciated what they do (I still love old school hockey) but his experience gave you an in-depth perspective you never see. Even Ice Guardians doesn’t give you this much exposure to the life and emotions of a guy like Scott.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-13, 08:50 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: I used to really dislike Scott. He was the prototypical talentless hack who’s only purpose was fighting.

That All Star nomination has really changed my opinion on him and enforcers in general. Not that I am against enforcers. I’ve always respected and appreciated what they do (I still love old school hockey) but his experience gave you an in-depth perspective you never see. Even Ice Guardians doesn’t give you this much exposure to the life and emotions of a guy like Scott.

Yup, I have more respect for the old enforcers than for today's pampered stars.  

Tougher life by far, less money, a lot less job security, and your role is to BE in harm's way, as opposed to the snipers... (except for when your coach throws you in as an "I dare you" moment...lol)

I still can't get over Carlyle doing that to Phil.  The one Kessel should be trying to chop down is Randy, not Scott...lol
Play not to lose, build around Carey, sell hope, make money.
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-10, 09:47 PM)ZappaScores Wrote: If that didn’t sum up Randy’s tenure with the leafs...

Carlyle is a jerk of a coach. Throws his team under the bus, and too much of a dough head to put the guy out there who did the dirty deed. He makes Berube and Hunter look like angels
 Proverbs 13:10
Thanks given by:
John Scott is a great storyteller.
Thanks given by: