Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Joker origin movie
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v...go-1126127

Joaquin Phoenix's Joker Origin Movie a Go at Warner Bros.

Phoenix recently finalized his deal to star as Batman's iconic arch-nemesis in this villain origin story.
The Joker origin movie is officially a go at Warner Bros.
Joaquin Phoenix recently finalized his deal to star as the arch-nemesis of Batman and shooting is set to begin in September in New York.
Todd Phillips is directing the film and co-wrote the script, which the studio describes as being an “exploration of a man disregarded by society [that] is not only a gritty character study, but also a broader cautionary tale.” Scott Silver co-wrote the script.
Warners has yet to stake out a release date for the film, which goes against the grain of most comic book movies that have flags planted years in advance. But the Joker stand-alone pic is meant to be different from other comic book superhero movies.  
The project's budget is in the $55 million range, significantly lower than the tentpoles that dominate the form. And the stand-alone is meant to be darker and more experimental in tone and content (at least as experimental as a studio can be with established brands such as DC), which is described as being akin to a crime drama.
That said, there is a chance that the movie could be ready for release as early as late 2019, depending on various factors.
Warners has a possible second Joker movie in the works as Jared Leto, who played the character in [i]Suicide Squad, now has his own solo film project in development.[/i]
Emma Tillinger Koskoff ([i]The Wolf of Wall Street) is producer on the Joker origin stand-alone, while Richard Baratta is an executive producer.[/i]
Phoenix, who won a best actor award at the 2017 Cannes Film Festival for Lynne Ramsey’s [i]You Were Never Really Here, next stars in Gus Van Sant's Don’t Worry He Won’t Get Far on Foot, which opens Friday.
[/i]
Thanks given by:
Its really hard to picture Phoenix with that kind of acting. He's usually so subdued in his roles.
Thanks given by:
Todd Phillips is a ... strange choice.
Thanks given by:
Shouldn't this have went to a younger actor if it's an origin movie? Joaquin's old

Joaquin says he's scared shitless of playing the Joker
Thanks given by:
Joker is ageless.

Joaquin is only 43. Jack Nicholson was 52 when he played Joker (including an origin story).
Thanks given by:
Looking forward to this!

There's a few different interpretations of how he became such an evil monster, I hope they get creative with it
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 12:06 PM)encore Wrote: Todd Phillips is a ... strange choice.

That was my initial thought as well. Granted, filmmakers can and do surprise, but nothing he has ever done even remotely suggests that this is in his wheelhouse.

At least he didnt cast Bradley Cooper as the joker.  Wink
Thanks given by:
Look up the filmographies for Joe & Anthony Russo before they did Marvel flicks. I have no idea how they got that job but they made the two best movies in the franchise.
Thanks given by:
I actually think Bradley Cooper could pull it off.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 12:50 PM)Hieremias Wrote: Look up the filmographies for Joe & Anthony Russo before they did Marvel flicks. I have no idea how they got that job but they made the two best movies in the franchise.

It wasnt as weird of a choice as you would think. They did alot of Arrested Develpment and Community which, while comedies, are very smart and often have complex plotlines. And there is alot of comedy in the MCU as well. 

Plus i don't think they actually wrote the movies (could be wrong there) where as Phillips is writing this.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 12:51 PM)RyeRocks Wrote: I actually think Bradley Cooper could pull it off.

I find it hard to take him seriously as a bad guy. He plays an arms dealer in War Dogs who should be intimidating and scary but it comes off as just Bradley Cooper with glasses on lol.
Thanks given by:
hmm.. only role I can think of is wedding crashers heh
Thanks given by:
http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisp...pid=176931
Thanks given by: TheOilerFan83
it really depends on the authenticity of the character. they did say they're going with a dark theme so it could be pretty crazy. I hope he does a fantastic voice for the character, doesn't go too 60's Joker and adds some 90's Joker into it, but I wanna see mostly 2008 Joker in it.

imo Jude Law's Joker was more like a punk with a tattoo addiction. didn't fit well to me.
cfl
Thanks given by:
Jude Law? Or are you thinking of Jared Leto?
Thanks given by:
Out of respect for Heath Ledger, Phoenix shouldn't just be copying The Dark Knight's Joker.

Out of respect for the rest of the human race, Phoenix damn well better not try to copy Jared Leto's Joker.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-18, 11:24 AM)CTS Wrote: Jude Law?    Or are you thinking of Jared Leto?

Ya Leto sorry
cfl
Thanks given by:
Obviously it is too late for this with all the press releases and updates and stuff, but here was something I always thought would be cool:

Make the movie in secret, much like the team behind the Cloverfield series does. Then release some trailer that set the movie up as a mobster movie or gangsters. Something like that.

Everybody thinks this is just some decent looking gangster movie with some big-name stars.

Then the week before, one final trailer that includes some small clue suggesting the movie is actually a Joker origin flick. Like a joker card tossed on a table or a figure walking through shadows and we get a glimpse of green hair.

I think people would lose their minds, the internet would blow up, and the movie would make trillions.

Well, probably not that last part, but it would be a win that DC is desperately looking for.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-19, 09:31 AM)Bruinshark Wrote: Obviously it is too late for this with all the press releases and updates and stuff, but here was something I always thought would be cool:

Make the movie in secret, much like the team behind the Cloverfield series does. Then release some trailer that set the movie up as a mobster movie or gangsters. Something like that.

Everybody thinks this is just some decent looking gangster movie with some big-name stars.

Then the week before, one final trailer that includes some small clue suggesting the movie is actually a Joker origin flick. Like a joker card tossed on a table or a figure walking through shadows and we get a glimpse of green hair.

I think people would lose their minds, the internet would blow up, and the movie would make trillions.

Well, probably not that last part, but it would be a win that DC is desperately looking for.

That would be a cool idea, but ultimately damn near impossible in today's instantaneous news world.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-19, 11:58 AM)CTS Wrote:
(2018-07-19, 09:31 AM)Bruinshark Wrote: Obviously it is too late for this with all the press releases and updates and stuff, but here was something I always thought would be cool:

That would be a cool idea,  but ultimately damn near impossible in today's instantaneous news world.

Normally I would agree with you, then JJ Abrams started catching us all by surprise with the Cloverfield movies, so there is a precedent for it. It would be hard, for sure! But if DC could dedicate themselves to it, they could make it work!
Thanks given by: