Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan Binnington's next contract
A Stanley Cup winner and is a rfa.

How much is he going to get this summer? 4M/3yrs 12M?
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
I think he will ask for more then Koskinen.
I would still hesitate to give him term. He could still be a Raycroft or Hamburglar.
Maybe 3 x 5mil?
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
(2019-06-13, 01:33 AM)himmelblau Wrote: Maybe 3 x 5mil?

I think he'll sign for this if it's 3 years.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
He's been fantastic this year and through the playoffs but management should be a bit careful - there are numerous examples of goalies getting hot for a few months/a season only to fall back down to earth and sometimes prove to never really be an NHL goalie.

I don't think that is Binnington but you never know.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-13, 01:33 AM)himmelblau Wrote: I think he will ask for more then Koskinen.
I would still hesitate to give him term. He could still be a Raycroft or Hamburglar.
Maybe 3 x 5mil?

Super happy for Binnington. It's a great story for a young starter who was unknown before the start of this season.
The Blues played a great series in front of Jordan and it was unreal how many shots were blocked so it's not like he won the cup all by himself though. At times he looked average, and other times he looked like the next Carey Price.
Management has an interesting decision to make when it comes to his upcoming contract.
I really hope he doesn't become the newest Andrew Raycroft though.
Thanks given by:
Agreed with most people here, a ~3 year contract probably makes the most sense.

Too small of a sample size so far, and goalies can often be very inconsistent. His playoff performance, despite playing great in certain high pressure games, was overall only decent. Regular season he was obviously very solid, but again, small sample size.
Thanks given by:
I'd go 2 years, give him 3 million a year, that's 6 million dollars for winning the cup, pretty fair if he ends up sucking for the 2 years as a back up. And if he continues to prove he's a starter then you can talk big bucks in a couple years.
If Peter Chiarelli was the Blues GM, he'd be getting an 8 year/$80 million offer today.

But that's not the case, so I think a 3 year deal in the $3 - $4 million range sounds about right.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-13, 12:09 PM)25YearRebuild Wrote: If Peter Chiarelli was the Blues GM, he'd be getting an 8 year/$80 million offer today.

But that's not the case, so I think a 3 year deal in the $3 - $4 million range sounds about right.

“The deal is one for one.”

“Peter. We don’t have to trade for Jordan. He is on our tea-“

“THE DEAL IS ONE FOR ONE.”
Thanks given by: ZappaScores
it has been said that there are numerous goalies who started out unbelievable, only to fall back to earth

Raycroft
Leighton
Talbot
Roloson
Hamburglar
Jim Carey

That being said whos to say he wouldn't become the next Roy, Brodeur, Murray?

I would tread very lightly if I were the Blues.
Thanks given by:
Don't forget Theodore - the guy who stole the Hart from a good ol' Edmonton lad.
Thanks given by: