Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
July 1 UFA VILLE
Imo, Matthews is already a top 5 player in the league today. Not so sure about Kucherov.

Sent from my Google Pixel XL 128GB

*Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors, as this message was typed on the go and likely from dictation
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-10, 07:33 PM)CTS Wrote: Who would you guys rather have?   Tavares or Kucherov now that both have signed new deals.

You have to take into consideration, that with a name like Tavares, John will likely have to scratched from playing all games in the US as he'll be barred entry.  On the other hand, with a name like Kucherov, Nikita will be given all of the access he could ever want. 
Wink
Thanks given by:
No way is Matthews a Top 5 player. He's not even the best player on his team.

McDavid, Crosby, Malkin, Doughty, Karlsson, Hedman, Brodziak...
Thanks given by:
Yeah I can think of at least 10 players I would take over Matthews:

Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, McDavid, Doughty, Karlsson, Hedman, Kane, Josi, MacKinnon, Letang.

Matthews was not even in the top 50 in points.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-10, 09:10 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: Yeah I can think of at least 10 players I would take over Matthews:

Crosby, Malkin, Ovechkin, McDavid, Doughty, Karlsson, Hedman, Kane, Josi, MacKinnon, Letang.

I think almost all of those players are "better" than Matthews right now (except Letang), I think Matthews will be a top 3 player in the league very soon and given ages, I think the only one of those players I'd "take" over Matthews to add to my team would be Hedman.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-10, 09:38 PM)Pouzar Wrote:
(2018-07-10, 09:10 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: Yeah I can think of at least 10 players I would take over Matthews:

I think almost all of those players are "better" than Matthews right now (except Letang), I think Matthews will be a top 3 player in the league very soon and given ages, I think the only one of those players I'd "take" over Matthews to add to my team would be Hedman.

He very well could be. He could also be 5th behind Dahlin, Hughes, McDavid, and Lafreniere.

I am not comfortable enough in calling him a top 5 player in the NHL today. He has done absolutely nothing to earn that designation.
Thanks given by:
To end last season, I'd have him behind Scheifele as well. Zombie man too. My bias puts Hall ahead as well. Going forward, he'll have Eichel to contend with.

...and all about 97 tiers below McDavid.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-10, 10:01 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(2018-07-10, 09:38 PM)Pouzar Wrote:

He very well could be. He could also be 5th behind Dahlin, Hughes, McDavid, and Lafreniere.

I am not comfortable enough in calling him a top 5 player in the NHL today. He has done absolutely nothing to earn that designation.

I agree with all of that including him not being a top 5 player today - Kucherov is closer today, in my opinion - maybe even be a top 5 forward. His possession and goal share metrics were pretty much as good without Stamkos as they were with him including over 57% goal share in 450 minutes.
Thanks given by:

Your list is missing Brodziak!
A leader without followers is just a person taking a walk...
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-11, 08:05 AM)Bandit Wrote:

I hope Brodziak has a great season.  Guy sounds like he could have signed elsewhere and is planning on being a leader for some of the youngsters.

LOL, you guys are really hard on him.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-11, 08:05 AM)Bandit Wrote:

Forget Brodziak - the list should actually go "Strome, Crosby, Malkin, Strom, Ovechkin, McDadid, Doughty, Strome, Karlsson, Kane, Josi, Strome, MacKinnon, Letang, Strome."
"Hope is not a strategy"
Thanks given by:
You forgot Reinhardt
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-10, 09:38 PM)Pouzar Wrote: I think almost all of those players are "better" than Matthews right now (except Letang), I think Matthews will be a top 3 player in the league very soon and given ages, I think the only one of those players I'd "take" over Matthews to add to my team would be Hedman.

Top 3 player or forward? big difference
Thanks given by:
Valid point - I may have over-stated - probably just forward but he may not be far off.
Thanks given by:

question, why isn't PC calling Zona for cap dumps?
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
Because Arizona can’t actually afford the contracts. They need cap hits that don’t cost actual money, because they are a broke-ass franchise.
Thanks given by: CTS
(2018-07-12, 02:46 PM)OilWings Wrote:
question, why isn't PC calling Zona for cap dumps?

Hossa's contract is 90% insured and the cost in real dollars to the team is apx $200K.

Much different than taking on an actual player that is playing.

Our preferred cap dumps also all have NMCs - Carolina may not be a destination agreed to (may be though - i have no idea).
Thanks given by: