Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Just the Facts Ma'am - Game #4
(2017-10-12, 12:04 AM)Reggie Wrote: Why the Hell in Brouwer on a late game PP.????

For a couple of reasons

1.  The top PP appears to be Gaudreau-Monahan-Brodie-Versteeg with a rotating RW of Ferland/Brouwer/Jagr
2.  Brouwer was playing a heck of a game last night, despite carrying around 2 anchors on the 4th line
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , FlameFilosi4
I thought that Jagr looked pretty good considering his training camp was spent drinking with his cat. 

His hands and feet are not quite up to game speed, but he and Versteeg had a few shifts where they look really good together cycling the puck.  I am willing to bet that he expects a much better performance out of himself and I think we will start to see him imposing his will a little more after a couple more games.
Thanks given by:
(2017-10-12, 10:22 AM)Nanuuk Wrote: Ferly - 10:44
I commented last night that he seemed like a ghost. I'm thinking his time on the first line may be drawing to an end. Hope Gully can light a fire under him as this can be a very good line.

I didn't see games 2 or 3.., but last night, the Kings were all over that line and Ferland never really found any room to get his feet moving.  I think its too early to break-up that line.  He'll make an impact really soon.
Thanks given by:
Yes the Kings were. Our #1 line had their ears pinned more than once and guys with Ferly and Mony's size need to push through that. I think Gully called it the compete level.
Good Judgement comes from Experience which comes from Bad Judgement - Harry Neale
Thanks given by: KNilsson14