Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Klay tears his ACL
The worst case scenario for the Warriors these Finals. Lose the title and lose KD and Klay for likely all of next year. Shows how tough Klay is, seeing as he cane back out energized, hit two free throws, and was ready to go. 

I’ll be really curious to see what happens to their contracts this offseason and how well the Warriors are able to play next year without them (signed or not).
Thanks given by:
It will be a much different league next year. Will the Warriors make the playoffs?
Thanks given by:
The Warriors with just Curry and Draymond will still go deep. No doubts in my mind about thatm if Cousins stays, they still have 3 all stars to start
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 06:22 AM)encore Wrote: The worst case scenario for the Warriors these Finals. Lose the title and lose KD and Klay for likely all of next year. Shows how tough Klay is, seeing as he cane back out energized, hit two free throws, and was ready to go. 

I’ll be really curious to see what happens to their contracts this offseason and how well the Warriors are able to play next year without them (signed or not).

Sounds like there's teams willing to sign Durant to a max contract right now regardless of this health. Seems like a risky move, especially with him coming back at 32.

Best case scenario is that Thompson is practicing again in 6 months, which would have him available for next season. He's 30 in February though, so that too carries some risk. Of course, there's also the possibility he misses next season depending on the severity of the injury.

Just goes to show how short athletic primes are.  Time moves fast.
Thanks given by:
(2019-06-14, 09:48 AM)TheNumber13 Wrote: It will be a much different league next year. Will the Warriors make the playoffs?

Easily. They still have Curry and Draymond. And if they get Klay back(don't know his timeline), then i think they'd be back in the Finals.

Thanks given by:
I would think Golden State would make the playoffs. Curry is still a top 5-7 player in the NBA, Draymond is a winner, and Iguodala is a great role player. They'd probably have to find a guy to fill in as the spot up shooter at the 2 (I'm not convinced Cook is the guy), but I'm guessing players would be willing to take a discount to grab either of those two starting spots on the Warriors.

Cousins' contract is gonna be really interesting. He didn't really do enough to show that he's the player he was before his injury, but the player before the injury was easily a max contract player. Reports are that he took a significant pay cut to play for the Warriors (I think he got paid $5 million, and he was offered $20 by NO), so I'm not sure he'll do the same this year, and the Warriors are gonna be in a bind because they have to decide who they want to pay. They'd probably mostly be interested in bringing Klay back, just because he's a fan favourite and doesn't rely on his athleticism as much as KD.
Thanks given by:
I actually hope Klay goes off somewhere else. I'm tired of gsw making the finals every year and would love to see the Hampton 5 broken up. At least make it somewhat unpredictable in the west.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Warriors intend to offer both Durant & Thompson 5 year max. contracts pushing them way over the luxury tax, but they'll be able to afford it because of their new arena they're moving into which will no doubt be a cash cow
Thanks given by: