Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knights at Oilers
Stamkos has been ridiculous this year.
Thanks given by:
(2017-11-15, 11:47 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Stamkos has been ridiculous this year.

He'll slow down at some point as him & Kucherov are on pace for over 120 points.

Would be nice to more than one 100 point scorer this season
Thanks given by:
(2017-11-15, 11:47 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Stamkos has been ridiculous this year.

Connor has played most of his games with his team behind.  This is death for offensive production, as the opposition can sit back and clog up the neutral zone. Connor's offence comes from that neutral zone speed.

If the oil start potting some goals (it has to start soon with our crazy low team shooting %) and Connor gets some space, then I could see him easily closing the gap between him and Stamkos. Stamkos is on a ridiculously good team and this is showing up in his stats.  If they can stay healthy (always a major issue with that team) it could be there year.  So much talent...

Happy belated birthday by the way! Happy
Thanks given by:
Stamkos is on pace for 140 plus points - I don't think he can realistically keep up that pace.

I think he's got a 12 point gap on Connor (which is crazy after 18 games).

Lots of time to close the gap, however, at the end of the day, I don't really care if Connor wins the socring title, I only really care about the Oilers winning game.

Birthday? Me? Yup, its belated, by almost 11 months - my birth day is next month.
Thanks given by:
2 great nights of hockey for OW.

Both games ended up 8-2. 1 with a brawl! love it!

Imo, the NHL needs more brawls.

Sent from my Google Pixel XL 128GB

*Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors, as this message was typed on the go and likely from dictation
Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by:
I will sleep well tonight!
Thanks given by: T.V.
(2017-11-15, 01:59 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Stamkos is on pace for 140 plus points - I don't think he can realistically keep up that pace.

I think he's got a 12 point gap on Connor (which is crazy after 18 games).

Lots of time to close the gap, however, at the end of the day, I don't really care if Connor wins the socring title, I only really care about the Oilers winning game.

Birthday?  Me?  Yup, its belated, by almost 11 months - my birth day is next month.

My bad.  I was reading another thread and you commented that Larsson was a couple days older than you and I thought you said it was your birthday today.  I must have read it wrong. lol

The NHL always tightens up defensively as the season progresses.  Stamkos should cool off, but Connor should maintain or increase (slightly) his ppg production.  I could see Connor easily closing that 12 point gap.  

However, you are right that winning is the main thing and i think Connor looks at it that way too.
Thanks given by:
(2017-11-15, 10:23 PM)OilWings Wrote: 2 great nights of hockey for OW.

Both games ended up 8-2. 1 with a brawl!   love it!

Imo,  the NHL needs more brawls.

*Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors, as this message was typed on the go and likely from dictation

i watched part of that and was lucky to catch that Brawl.   Crazy.   Some suspensions for sure on that one.
The Detroit guy should get 10 (that’s the suspension for coming back on the ice), Ferland should get something from throwing punches off the bench, Tkachuk May get something as his tap on the back of the leg started the whole thing, and Athanasiou grabbed Hamonic from the bench as Mantha was kicking the shit out of him.

Be interesting to see what happens.

Detroit has some great young forwards
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 10:24 AM)maclintock Wrote:
(2017-11-15, 10:23 PM)OilWings Wrote: 2 great nights of hockey for OW.

Both games ended up 8-2. 1 with a brawl!   love it!

Imo,  the NHL needs more brawls.

i watched part of that and was lucky to catch that Brawl.   Crazy.   Some suspensions for sure on that one.
The Detroit guy should get 10 (that’s the suspension for coming back on the ice), Ferland should get something from throwing punches off the bench, Tkachuk May get something as his tap on the back of the leg started the whole thing, and Athanasiou grabbed Hamonic from the bench as Mantha was kicking the shit out of him.

Be interesting to see what happens.

Detroit has some great young forwards
I agree Mac but it was awesome to see. The NHL needs more brawl games.

Love the top line of Mantha, Athanasiu, and Larkin.

Connor McDavid: "It's great to be a part of Edmonton for the next nine years.  Money aside, I just want to be here, play here, & win here."
Thanks given by: