Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LEHKONEN!!!!!!!!
Lekhs 2 years 2.4 per season....LESS than Armia!

https://twitter.com/CanadiensMTL?ref_src...r%5Eauthor
Thanks given by:
Would lehks still be RFA after this deal? If so, I love it. If not, I only like it as I would have liked a longer term deal because I still believe in Lehkonen's upside offensively.
Thanks given by:
Not bad..half a mil cheaper than many predictions.
Sounds about right for what he's shown thus far in the NHL. If he continues producing like he did in the past it's no harm to the team and if he does better then for two years he'll be a bargain and we can pay him appropriately after.
Thanks given by:
Unlike the Armia signing, Lekhs will still be restricted after 2 years and that's a good thing. Like Mada said, it's a fair contract.
Subban, voted most overrated player in the entire league by his peers. 
Thanks given by: Albert Burtlap
yup the contract is pricd for hat he has brought to the team so far. With luck he goes t the next level offensively. He misse a lot of great chances, which also means he is getting a lot of great chances. That in itself is a plus. Now if he can just bury more...

I'm suddenly feeling more optimistic even though little has actually changed
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 03:47 PM)Albert Burtlap Wrote: Would lehks still be RFA after this deal? If so, I love it.  If not, I only like it as I would have liked a longer term deal because I still believe in Lehkonen's upside offensively.
I have to think so. He's just coming off his entry level deal. Armia had his entry level (signed with BUF) plus 2 years (signed with WPG) before his latest.
Thanks given by:
Glad this was done before arbitration for both young Finns.
Thanks given by:
Good signing

I wander what the sticking point was for both Armia and Lehkonen.
Thanks given by:
Solid signings on both counts.

MB = My Buddy.

(2019-07-11, 05:10 PM)johnnylarue Wrote: Solid signings on both counts.

MB = My Buddy.

Agreed - an an alternative MB = My Bodyguard:

[Image: MV5BYzQ3YmFhNGUtNGEzYS00MzBkLWE5ZTMtMzdi...00_AL_.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Well the 200K extra that I thought Armia got is even more fine now that I see how little Lehk signed for. I did expect more like a 4 yr 3M deal. But thats fine cause he has yet to come anywhere close to proving he will be worth 3M. So let's see what u do the next 2 yrs, and then we will have a clearer pix of if he remained a 10g kid or a 20g player...and I have no issue with the team paying a player fairly.

To me this is a team friendly deal. And he will still be a RFA when its done.

Bottom line....Armia & Lehk for under $5M is awesome!!!!
Thanks given by:
A "show me" contract. Hopefully he does show something, otherwise it's a movable contract next summer.
Thanks given by:
You miss oodles of empty nets and get rewarded. Yeesh!
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 04:06 PM)bchippie Wrote: Unlike the Armia signing,  Lekhs will still be restricted after 2 years and that's a good thing. Like Mada said, it's a fair contract.
For once, I really, really agree with mada. I'm kidding, it's happened before... at least another time Wink

Just ribbing you, mada. No harm intended. Happy

Very happy with the 2.4M contract for Lehkonen over two seasons. Beyond all this fair value or not, I consider both players entirely tradeable for upgrades if such an occasion presents itself.

Solid day-to-day administrative work. Nothing more, nothing less...
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 06:01 PM)Cal Wrote: You miss oodles of empty nets and get rewarded. Yeesh!

Man, you're just spiteful! 

The reward isn't a reward, it is payment for the value brought to this day, including the oodles of empty nets, assuming it doesn't get any better. It was even mentioned in other posts before you. 

Lehkonen plays a strong 200-ft game and helps generate scoring opportunities, if nothing else. If Lehkonen remains the same chinese food level player, where you're still hungry for more minutes after eating it, but helps the team defensively, he's worth the 2.4M

An unjust reward would have been a 6-yr, 4.5M contract that somehow pays for perceived remaining upside that might not be there after the oodles of missed empty nets.

But, hey, have a miserable time if that's what floats your boat...
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 06:14 PM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 06:01 PM)Cal Wrote: You miss oodles of empty nets and get rewarded. Yeesh!

Man, you're just spiteful! 

The reward isn't a reward, it is payment for the value brought to this day, including the oodles of empty nets, assuming it doesn't get any better. It was even mentioned in other posts before you. 

Lehkonen plays a strong 200-ft game and helps generate scoring opportunities, if nothing else. If Lehkonen remains the same chinese food level player, where you're still hungry for more minutes after eating it, but helps the team defensively, he's worth the 2.4M

An unjust reward would have been a 6-yr, 4.5M contract that somehow pays for perceived remaining upside that might not be there after the oodles of missed empty nets.

But, hey, have a miserable time if that's what floats your boat...

Whoa!  No need to turn on another poster....

I love Lehks, but gotta admit Cal can see it his way after Lehks put up another year of fans wishing he had scored more.

So while $2.4 might seem kind of pricey for a guy that doesn't score much, what if he pots 30-40 the next 2 years?  Then he's a bargain!

I'm betting closer to 30, but still good value.  Like both signings today, AND the fact they are only two years each.  Both players will be motivated...
Play not to lose, build around Carey, sell hope, make money.
Thanks given by: Habcertain
(2019-07-11, 05:04 PM)SeanCDNMTL Wrote: Good signing

I wander what the sticking point was for both Armia and Lehkonen.

My guess it was simply the team taking it's time with getting to them. There wasn't any need to rush so long as it got done before arbitration

(2019-07-11, 06:05 PM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2019-07-11, 04:06 PM)bchippie Wrote: Unlike the Armia signing,  Lekhs will still be restricted after 2 years and that's a good thing. Like Mada said, it's a fair contract.
For once, I really, really agree with mada. I'm kidding, it's happened before... at least another time Wink

Just ribbing you, mada. No harm intended. Happy

Very happy with the 2.4M contract for Lehkonen over two seasons. Beyond all this fair value or not, I consider both players entirely tradeable for upgrades if such an occasion presents itself.

Solid day-to-day administrative work. Nothing more, nothing less...

This one we were on the same page for a while now so this is kinda a gimme :P
Thanks given by:
(2019-07-11, 05:10 PM)johnnylarue Wrote: Solid signings on both counts.

MB = My Buddy.

Our 1LHD issues are solved!

[Image: 1,width=500,height=500,appearanceId=506,...725084.jpg]
Thanks given by:
So how much cap space do we have left and are we better today than we were to end this past season?
Thanks given by: