Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Laver Cup
How cool is this tournament?

The 2 greatest tennis players of all time, Federer and Nadal on the same team with their coach Bjorn Borg.

Federer coaching Zverev.

Thanks given by:
I saw a tweet about them playing together - i have no idea what this tourney is though.....
Thanks given by:
It's Team Europe vs Team World.

Thanks given by: Pouzar
Some of the matches have been okay, but the teams are massively unbalanced
Thanks given by:
Ended up being a good tournament that was decided by the third set tiebreak between Fed and Kyrgios

Europe wins
Thanks given by:
I didn't get a chance to watch - were they 3 or 5 set matches?
Thanks given by:
3rd set tiebreak suggests 3 Wink
Thanks given by:
Unless, of course, it was a tiebreak in the third set of a sweep (7-6).

I am corporate lawyer, remember, interpretation of writings is part of my job.
Thanks given by:
(2017-09-25, 12:02 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Unless, of course, it was a tiebreak in the third set of a sweep (7-6).

I am corporate lawyer, remember, interpretation of writings is part of my job.

A tiebreak in that instance would only determine the match in that circumstance though. 

Editing my bottom section

Nevermind. It wasn't a win by 2 3rd set. They played just played a straight tiebreaker in the 3rd set. There really was no "set". 11-9 was the score of the 3rd "set" but 11-9 was points won as well.
Thanks given by:
Yeah the third set was just a tiebreaker to 10. I think that was a good compromise, considering the players weren't getting official ATP points for playing.

It's too bad some of the better "World" players couldn't play, most notably Nishikori, Raonic, and Del Potro. But to be fair, Europe was missing some really elite players like Djokovic, Murray, and Wawrinka.
Thanks given by: