Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LeBron's 'I Promise' School
For those who don't know this story, it's a really cool thing LeBron has done. He's opened a school for at-risk kids in Akron that's expected to have 1,000 students in the next few years. 

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/7/30/1...hool-akron
Thanks given by:
Yes, and the school has many programs for the underprivileged, for both the kids and the parents (activities for kids to keep them busy, job placement programs, on-site food bank, etc.).

Each kid also gets a bicycle (premise being James cites his bike as a kid as huge in him "getting away" from tough areas and staying out of trouble.

Amazing work!
Thanks given by:
Yup. It’s rare that an athlete as great as LeBron is both capable of understanding the positive impact he can have on the world and is actually willing to do something about it.
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by: encore
That's amazing and inspiring to see someone of his stature make such a massively positive change like that. I hope other wealthy people follow suit in some way.
Thanks given by:
A true gem among humans. Good work by an even better man.
Thanks given by:
That is pretty incredible!
"Oh mischief, glorious mischief...I do so love it!"
Thanks given by:
think my comment was lost, but never want to miss a chance to say what an amazing philanthropist Lebron is. The dude is a hero
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
After last night Lebron passed Wilt Chamberlain for 5th all time on the NBA all time scoring
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: