Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leafs sign 4 players including Ozhiganov
https://www.nhl.com/mapleleafs/news/mapl...-298661580
Thanks given by:
Jeff Veillette

@JeffVeillette
Kyle Dubas' first announcement as Leafs GM is that he's signed all of Europe to an ELC
Thanks given by: tmleafer , colonel mustard
I like Europe.
Thanks given by:
No surprises except maybe Lindgren. RHD who's smart and can skate though, so I'm sure they're glad to have him coming over where we can try to develop him ourselves.
Thanks given by:
Viable is gonna love this.
Thanks given by:
I love Euro players. Future is getting brighter by the player! HappyHappy
Thanks given by:
Engvall could very well be a late round steal.  Really like his game with the Marlies.

Thanks given by:
Our teams' futures are all set now with those Euro superstars. Their advanced stats are awesome and I hear they're really tough in the mold of wee Willie.....  Icon_rolleyes  Laugh
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 06:48 AM)Viable Wrote: Our teams' futures are all set now with those Euro superstars. Their advanced stats are awesome and I hear they're really tough in the mold of wee Willie.....  Icon_rolleyes  Laugh

Don’t worry, the 4 players are actually ABBA and they’re signed to do the Anthems.
Thanks given by: Viable
Realistically, Oz will battle for the 6 or 7th d spot, and Lindholm for the 4C spot, the other two will spend more time in the A. Could be none of them suit up for the Leafs next year.
Cant hurt to try though, once in awhile these guys turn out better then expected. Engvall has looked good in his brief stint with the Marlies.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Milstein said there were no promises made to Ozhiganov as far as making the NHL team this fall.
“Of course, he wants to play in the NHL, but like everybody else he’s going to come here and he’s going have to earn a spot,” said Milstein, who also represents Zaitsev. “Nothing is given. In the NHL, especially the Toronto Maple Leafs — Mike Babcock’s team — nothing is given, it’s earned. And so, he’s prepared to earn a spot on the team.”
Thanks given by:
https://mapleleafshotstove.com/2018/05/1...ne-center/

Quote:“One thing that stood out a bit was Mike’s early interest,” Lindholm’s agent, Erik Wallström, told Maple Leafs Hot Stove. “He’s watched lots of games and is really sure what kind of player he’s getting.”

Playing 4C for Babcock involves meeting a certain standard of defensive play, penalty killing contributions, and faceoff ability. As far as the faceoff dot goes, Lindholm finished top five in the SHL with a 58.3% success rate while taking more draws than anyone else in top-flight Swedish hockey.

“He’s played on the penalty kill,” added Wallström. “Being strong on faceoffs and also reading the play very well, he’s well suited to be playing the PK.”

While he’s occupied a top scoring role in the past couple of seasons for Skellefteå AIK, Lindholm started his career in the SHL playing lower down the roster learning to play a responsible checking game.

“He started out as a pretty defensive-minded center, but as time went on and he got more confidence, he climbed the ladder on his Swedish team,” Uffe Bodin of HockeySverige.se told MLHS.

“You can pretty much put him anywhere on your roster and he’ll adapt to that role,” continued Bodin. “The past two seasons he has been a very effective offensive player in the SHL. I’d have to think that Babcock sees him as a potential third or fourth line center… more skilled than a Frederik Gauthier or a Dominic Moore type.”

The offensive side of his game has indeed taken off in the past couple of seasons, culminating in a top-five finish in SHL scoring (47 points in 49 games) this past year while playing on a line with former Leaf, Joakim Lindström, and former Kings second-round draft pick, Oscar Möller. He also chipped in three goals in six Euro Hockey Tour games for Team Sweden and added a goal in four appearances for the national team at the Olympic Games this past winter in South Korea, where he played with his Skellefteå linemates, Lindström and Möller.

“He has taken huge strides offensively in the last two years,” said Wallström. “He’s developed a lot of things: He’s strong on the puck, very good around the net, making shifty smart plays and also redirecting pucks.”

“One thing he might need to think of is to sometimes be a bit more selfish. On the rush, he’s a bit more of a setup guy, but playing on the smaller ice will probably mean he has to shoot more often.”
Thanks given by: tmleafer
Two of the the guys we signed are our draft picks
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-18, 06:48 AM)Viable Wrote: Our teams' futures are all set now with those Euro superstars. Their advanced stats are awesome and I hear they're really tough in the mold of wee Willie.....  Icon_rolleyes  Laugh

Epic fail

How can these guys ever expect to surpass Ben Smith our future superstar.
Thanks given by: Viable
No problem with adding as many assets as you can to the pool, one of these guys may stick.
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-19, 09:05 AM)The Nemesis Wrote: No problem with adding as many assets as you can to the pool, one of these guys may stick.

Noting two were already in the pool... they are our draft picks.

The other two, Lindholm and Oz could easily be in the Leafs lineup come opening day.  Lindholm has the higher probability, with Oz perhaps a year in the AHL unless he really surprises.
Thanks given by:
Former Leaf Joakim Lindstrom, who played all of 19 games lol.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Engvall on NA ice. He had a pretty damn solid audition with the Marlies last year. Hoping he's another 7th round Swedish steal.

Lindholm sounds like a decent fit for 4C who could move up in the lineup.
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by:
(2018-05-19, 07:17 PM)lewis94 Wrote: Former Leaf Joakim Lindstrom, who played all of 19 games lol.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Engvall on NA ice. He had a pretty damn solid audition with the Marlies last year. Hoping he's another 7th round Swedish steal.

Lindholm sounds like a decent fit for 4C who could move up in the lineup.

Here's hoping the Leafs have found their big forward with soft hands to replace JVR.!! Engvall was really hot the last 10 or so games he played with the Marlies and has been quite good in the playoffs so far as well..oh yeah..he likes to play a 200' game
Thanks given by: