Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Leafs vs. Bruins FIRST ROUND SERIES THREAD
The Athletic is the best value in sports media.

The amount of well written, well researched, well sourced stories on the Leafs alone, just in these playoffs, has been worth $50.
Thanks given by: lewis94 , lewis94
Pk at 54.5% through 4 games.  We need to clean that up fast if we want to advance.

Thanks given by:
(2019-04-17, 10:38 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote: Pk at 54.5% through 4 games.  We need to clean that up fast if we want to advance.

That’s apparently the lowest of all playoff teams. You can’t progress far in the post season with a PK number like that. Yet another coaching issue
GREAT TRADE - LAMORIELLO FOR TAVARES 
Thanks given by: Sportking
(2019-04-17, 11:31 PM)YVR Leaf Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 10:38 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote: Pk at 54.5% through 4 games.  We need to clean that up fast if we want to advance.

That’s apparently the lowest of all playoff teams. You can’t progress far in the post season with a PK number like that. Yet another coaching issue

It's a manpower issue, a coaching issue, yes. Marner is TO's best PKing forward and I don't doubt that JT, AM and Nylander would be far better than Brown, Kappy, who's being used now.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-18, 10:20 AM)hobster Wrote:
(2019-04-17, 11:31 PM)YVR Leaf Wrote:

It's a manpower issue, a coaching issue, yes. Marner is TO's best PKing forward and I don't doubt that JT, AM and Nylander would be far better than Brown, Kappy, who's being used now.

Kappy is good but i agree on Brown. I dont know what people see in him. He is not good defensively.
Thanks given by:
Kappy was hitting last night but otherwise not impactful, that was him being useful when the rest of his game isn't measuring up, the PK is bad so the current Pkers aren't doing their jobs.

I'd prefer Kappy spend more energy getting to the opposition's net.
Thanks given by:
I’m actually pleasantly surprised we are 2-2 in this series.

I was really expecting to be blown out in 4 or 5 games based on the season since January.

I am disappointed the Leafs did not win last night and go up 3-1, which was obviously a huge blown opportunity.

Now I do not expect the Leafs to win 2 of 3, especially with two games in Boston, but I am hoping I will be surprised further.
Thanks given by:
I think this series is TO's with Andersen being a major key.
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-17, 08:55 PM)Bo Dangles Wrote: The Athletic is the best value in sports media.

The amount of well written, well researched, well sourced stories on the Leafs alone, just in these playoffs, has been worth $50.

Why the free ad, Bo? That where you get your material? 
They saw you coming.....  Happy
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by: hobster , hobster
I do get a lot of my info from the Athletic. Most of the top writers in sports have made their way over there.

While it might not be as cheap and readily available as your own ass, I think if you considered drawing info from another source to form your opinions, you might be pleasantly surprised with the response you get upon sharing them.
Thanks given by: RATW-Leafaholic , lewis94
My "source" is my own opinions watching the games and even not watching the puck. Looking at how players play without the puck. Taking the number(s) of the players flying by in the corners and icing the puck when we need a little toughness. Looking at where a players' shots go. Do they make the goalie move? Or just another shot into the breadbasket of the goalie. Totally useless. Never mind.  Icon_rolleyes
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
Time for Babcock to start shortening the bench and throwing out some different combos for a shift here or there.

No reason Nylander can't go out with Matthews at least half a dozen shifts a night. Give Moore a few shifts in the top 6. 

Kappy should be on the third line. His offence is completely gone. He's doing nothing for Auston but his checking game is effective.

I'd really like to see AM+WN reunited completely, but that won't happen.

Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Mango-Matthews-Moore
Ennis-Nylander-Kapanen
Marleau-Gauthier-Brown
Humboldt Broncos SJHL April 6, 2018
Thanks given by: