Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lebron
Curry is a nice player to build around. He doesn't really play much defence, he's a pretty good playmaker, and he's an excellent scorer. Due to his style of play and his flair, he's going to be an exciting player to watch. He eclipsed the 30 PPG mark this year and he was the leader of a team that won 73 games. That's very impressive. However, let's not pretend that Curry was the only reason his team won 73 games. If you take Curry off that team and put Livingston in the starting lineup, they are still winning 60-65 games at least, no question. Curry has now failed to play to expectations in back-to-back NBA Finals, and he was brutally outplayed by LeBron this time.

LeBron is a better defender, rebounder, passer, and driver. Curry is a better jump shooter. That's really about it.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-14, 03:55 PM)Chris D Wrote: back to back MVP titles, the unanimous MVP this year (Lebron was 3rd in voting), in a season his team only lost 9 regular season games is a pretty big argument in and of itself...that's a lot of votes from people who follow the sport, saying that he is the best.

last year, he won this very award that Lebron won now...and he was even better this year than last.

[Image: a6yfGd6.gif]
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-14, 05:03 PM)encore Wrote: Curry is a nice player to build around. He doesn't really play much defence, he's a pretty good playmaker, and he's an excellent scorer. Due to his style of play and his flair, he's going to be an exciting player to watch. He eclipsed the 30 PPG mark this year and he was the leader of a team that won 73 games. That's very impressive. However, let's not pretend that Curry was the only reason his team won 73 games. If you take Curry off that team and put Livingston in the starting lineup, they are still winning 60-65 games at least, no question. Curry has now failed to play to expectations in back-to-back NBA Finals, and he was brutally outplayed by LeBron this time.

LeBron is a better defender, rebounder, passer, and driver. Curry is a better jump shooter. That's really about it.

Yeah being a better shooter is nothing in basketball!!!

Also Curry is a better ball handler; Lebron when allowed to bulldoze thru people, is a better driver. Oh and Lebron is much more full of himself than Curry.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-16, 12:51 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote:
(2016-07-14, 03:55 PM)Chris D Wrote: back to back MVP titles, the unanimous MVP this year (Lebron was 3rd in voting), in a season his team only lost 9 regular season games is a pretty big argument in and of itself...that's a lot of votes from people who follow the sport, saying that he is the best.

last year, he won this very award that Lebron won now...and he was even better this year than last.

[Image: a6yfGd6.gif]

I'd love to see someone smack the cigar out of his smug yap.
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-16, 01:00 PM)duediligence Wrote:
(2016-07-14, 05:03 PM)encore Wrote: Curry is a nice player to build around. He doesn't really play much defence, he's a pretty good playmaker, and he's an excellent scorer. Due to his style of play and his flair, he's going to be an exciting player to watch. He eclipsed the 30 PPG mark this year and he was the leader of a team that won 73 games. That's very impressive. However, let's not pretend that Curry was the only reason his team won 73 games. If you take Curry off that team and put Livingston in the starting lineup, they are still winning 60-65 games at least, no question. Curry has now failed to play to expectations in back-to-back NBA Finals, and he was brutally outplayed by LeBron this time.

Also Curry is a better ball handler; Lebron when allowed to bulldoze thru people, is a better driver. Oh and Lebron is much more full of himself than Curry.

Kindly point me to where I said shooting was nothing. Thanks.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
(2016-07-16, 01:24 PM)encore Wrote:
(2016-07-16, 01:00 PM)duediligence Wrote:

Kindly point me to where I said shooting was nothing. Thanks.

Well Encore your choice of words is very dismissive. Saying "Curry is a better jump shooter. That's really about it" implies that shooting is just another skill in the game when it is by far the most important skill to have.
Thanks given by:
[Image: y5bQ6EZ.gif]
[Image: 82d0cc7bd76533c5c6e5ce5eb02871ea.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Michael Jordon
Magic Johnson
Larry Bird
LeBron James

A major problem with moving LeBron higher (not that there's any shame in being 4th all time on Seamus' list :-) ) is James doesn't have the competition or rivals to push him the way the other 3 did. Part of judging a player's greatness is how he stacked up with other great players of his era. The NBA isn't exactly going through a golden age right now. Not like the 80s and 90s.
Thanks given by:
I dunno. It's definitely a lot better than it was during Jordan's second 3-peat. And his first was at the tail end of Magic/Bird - but he did have to contend against great Piston teams.

I think most people would say say the NBA is as good as it was in the early 90s and it's almost as good as it was in the 80s.
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-23, 02:28 PM)andreroy Wrote: I dunno. It's definitely a lot better than it was during Jordan's second 3-peat. And his first was at the tail end of Magic/Bird - but he did have to contend against great Piston teams.

I think most people would say say the NBA is as good as it was in the early 90s and it's almost as good as it was in the 80s.

The East is butter soft that has virtually no competition to get to the finals. In the finals Curry was beat up and fighting injuries as Golden State had a tougher route to the Finals.

Compare that to Jordan who had a good 76ers, Celtics, Pistions, Knicks and the Pacers with Miller to face. LeBron gets to coast to the Finals every year. The west has been a battle and a stronger conference. When Jordan played the east was a much tougher conference to get out of.

He also took 2 years off to play baseball, Spend 3 years in College while LeBron made the jump to the pros. That's 5 seasons of stats that Jordan could have had.
Thanks given by:
He's good, I guess, but chrykie, wouldn't a little humility be a good thing too?
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
(2016-08-23, 07:13 PM)Viable Wrote: He's good, I guess, but chrykie, wouldn't a little humility be a good thing too?

I am sure there are lots of things he is humble about but why be humble about basketball when there are only a handful of players in the history of the game who people can put higher than him. It would be phony lol
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by: