Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let the Crazy season Begin. Buyouts open Tuesday night late
NYI resign Brock Nelson to a 6 year extension worth $6 million per season

He scored 53 points
Thanks given by:
*career high 53 points.
Thanks given by:
And Nylander got 6.9 for two seasons of 60+ pts.
Thanks given by:
The Nylander contract really boned the landscape. Hilarious that the team it will hurt most, is the team that signed it. I guess that might usually be the case, but I won’t pass up the opportunity of a good chuckle.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 02:11 PM)ZappaScores Wrote: The Nylander contract really boned the landscape. Hilarious that the team it will hurt most, is the team that signed it. I guess that might usually be the case, but I won’t pass up the opportunity of a good chuckle.

The crazy thing is that the Leafs had complete control of the player, they basically let him dictate the contract. Now there's going to be the fallout because of it. Not just because of that but they went whale hunting in UFA land with Tavares and Marleau. The Marleau contract has already caught up to them and how long will it be before the Tavares contract catches up with them too? This is all the while the defense of the Leafs needs an overhaul, after a few guys guys on D.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not shitting on the Leafs. I have fellow 'Nuckers that have proposed whale hunting and offer sheeting while our quality draft picks/ RFAs will be getting pay days soon. The "Me Lander" deal is going to affect as to what Boeser will sign for, Pettersson and Quinn Hughes.

More crazy for the Leafs is that Marner has shown to be the better player over Matthews this past season, so how do you pay Marner anything less?

Having good players to pay is a great problem to have. Overpaying one will have a ripple affect up the lineup.
Thanks given by:
Lol I hate this inflation
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
If you take the cap and divide by roster size. And average salary would be in the 3.5 to 4 territory.
Top 6 forwards and top 4 d are going to be in the 6 range these days unless they are on an entry deal.
Brock Nelson puts up the numbers of an average number 2 centre. It’s about the going rate I’d say.
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
(Yesterday, 02:11 PM)ZappaScores Wrote: The Nylander contract really boned the landscape. Hilarious that the team it will hurt most, is the team that signed it. I guess that might usually be the case, but I won’t pass up the opportunity of a good chuckle.

I think your ire is directed at the wrong contract. 
UFA and RFA are a different ball game. Plenty of UFA contracts to look at for causing grief 
And given the cap now 6 million is the price for a top 6 forward
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
If The Nuge has another year like this past season, he'll cost over $8 million AAV on his next contract!
Thanks given by:
Its OK, Nuge has a scheduled 25 game injury coming up in his UFA season.
Thanks given by:
Great, so if we still have Klefbom & Sekera then, that will be 3 players with extended IR time
Thanks given by:
Sekera will be fine - he's only got one more year until the Oilers move on from him with one year left.
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 06:10 PM)himmelblau Wrote:

I think your ire is directed at the wrong contract. 
UFA and RFA are a different ball game. Plenty of UFA contracts to look at for causing grief 
And given the cap now 6 million is the price for a top 6 forward

It was a career year at 27. Seems a bit steep for me.
Thanks given by: