Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let the Crazy season Begin. Buyouts open Tuesday night late
I believe I have a NMC worked into my RATW membership. If my choices are the 7 Canadian hockey markets, I'll just stay with the Oilers, thank you very much!
Thanks given by:
(6 hours ago)CTS Wrote: I believe I have a NMC worked into my RATW membership.  If my choices are the 7 Canadian hockey markets,   I'll just stay with the Oilers,  thank you very much!

My proposal keeps you in your preferred market.   Cool
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 10:21 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:
(Yesterday, 10:14 PM)ZappaScores Wrote: Spend a day in the Oiler forum and say that. The days leading up to the draft were unbearable. In fact, we’ll trade him to you for that racist guy. Straight up.

Wasn't it real scouts who said Bennet > Draisaitl?

Every person is giving an opinion. Even the scouts. 

In all my time on these boards, the posters (the reasonable ones anyway) have shown to be no more right or wrong than the professionals we strangely idolise.

Funny you mention this one, because I was one of the folks arguing that Bennett should have gone before Drai.

While the fact is that there is some merit to the notion that seeing these players in person gives one a slightly better perspective than seeing them on TV and looking at statistical analyses, the mere fact that scouts are wrong almost as often as they are right is clear evidence that it is not the exact science that some around here claim it to be, and that the difference between the opinions of those who make a living as scouts and those who don't, is not really all that great.
Thanks given by: