Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MLS Final
Damn that must've been some experience! What'd you think about the quality of the soccer?
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(2017-12-13, 12:08 PM)miltonred Wrote: Went to this game. Great event.
The game was so ridiculously ones-sided though. How can that be the second best team in MLS. Kind of takes away the achievement of TFC, to a degree.

Bradley was outstanding, in fact almost every TFC player was outstanding on the ball. The efficient use of it, and the ability to string passes together, was what utterly separated TFC from Seattle, who seemed to have no plan A, let alone a plan B.

Nice finish from Jose for his goal, and especially with Frei being the one outstanding player for the Sounders. I also thought the players really showed their love for the city and the teams fans, it felt really genuine, which is a nice change from the mercenaries we are used to.

I know what you mean, when you are THAT much ahead of everyone else, it appears that you weren't challenged. The reality is, these guys worked just as hard as their opponents AND out skilled them. No one took the night off, and it showed.
Thanks given by:
(2017-12-13, 02:29 PM)theDC Wrote:
The game was so ridiculously ones-sided though. How can that be the second best team in MLS. Kind of takes away the achievement of TFC, to a degree.

Bradley was outstanding, in fact almost every TFC player was outstanding on the ball. The efficient use of it, and the ability to string passes together, was what utterly separated TFC from Seattle, who seemed to have no plan A, let alone a plan B.

Nice finish from Jose for his goal, and especially with Frei being the one outstanding player for the Sounders. I also thought the players really showed their love for the city and the teams fans, it felt really genuine, which is a nice change from the mercenaries we are used to.

I know what you mean, when you are THAT much ahead of everyone else, it appears that you weren't challenged. The reality is, these guys worked just as hard as their opponents AND out skilled them. No one took the night off, and it showed.

This is tactical football though, guys.  The Sounders were a very good side through out the year.  The one thing that catches these MLS teams in a huge way is the road game.  TFC was the ONLY team in the entire league with a winning away record.  That's telling you something when you consider the final.  
How would things have been in a neutral ground? How about a two leg final? New England had a very good home record (won every game but five with three draws) but only won a single road game (lost them all but 4 with 3 draws).

I'm happy for TFC to put right what happened last year. The teams are all too spread out to play neutral location finals like Wembley, but it would be really nice to see.

Anyway...one thing I've learned watching this league is that it's vastly different to the soccer on offer in Europe, not just the quality of the players. 

P.S. Milton, did you pay through the eye or did you get comped tix?  I had a crack at face value tix for well over $300 a seat.  LOL...not even close.
Thanks given by:
(2017-12-13, 10:05 PM)Busby Wrote:

This is tactical football though, guys.  The Sounders were a very good side through out the year.  The one thing that catches these MLS teams in a huge way is the road game.  TFC was the ONLY team in the entire league with a winning away record.  That's telling you something when you consider the final.  
How would things have been in a neutral ground? How about a two leg final?  New England had a very good home record (won every game but five with three draws) but only won a single road game (lost them all but 4 with 3 draws).

I'm happy for TFC to put right what happened last year.  The teams are all too spread out to play neutral location finals like Wembley, but it would be really nice to see.

Anyway...one thing I've learned watching this league is that it's vastly different to the soccer on offer in Europe, not just the quality of the players. 

P.S. Milton, did you pay through the eye or did you get comped tix?  I had a crack at face value tix for well over $300 a seat.  LOL...not even close.

They actually had neutral sites for the final up to a couple years ago.......

Toronto hosted one a while back.  Colorado and Dallas were the teams I believe......we went down and it was stupid cold that day......
If you take everything I’ve accomplished in my life and condense it down to one day, it looks decent! George Costanza
Thanks given by:
(2017-12-13, 10:05 PM)Busby Wrote:

How would things have been in a neutral ground? How about a two leg final?  New England had a very good home record (won every game but five with three draws) but only won a single road game (lost them all but 4 with 3 draws).

I'm happy for TFC to put right what happened last year.  The teams are all too spread out to play neutral location finals like Wembley, but it would be really nice to see.

A buddy of mine got four tickets on his season ticket early access. I paid face value $150 a pop - second level, supporters end.  I told my buddy that he should stay away from ticket-resale sites the days before the game so he didn't hate me for costing him $500 in profit!

DC: What I think of the football is that it was better than MLS level I've seen in the past, but despite that if it wasn't for the excitement and the feeling you get when you know your team has the quality to beat anyone (been years since Liverpool gave me that feeling)  the football was still a good level below premier league quality - even mid lower teams.

A friend of mine posted on social media later that he thought TFC would finish upper mid table in the EPL. I laughed. They would be relegation fodder.  The championship level might be a different story.
Thanks given by: