Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mac Users: What is MacCleanse
Ok I just upgraded to Mojave and last night I received an Apple message that MacCleanse was not optimized and something to do with 32 bit vs 64 bit. Is this an important component to my MacBook if so why wouldn’t Apple have in the latest update or more important do I need to buy the upgrade and what would it cost?

I know a few have Mac systems just curious. Thank you all! Happy
"Congratulations you are at the right place at the right time"
Thanks given by:
It’s a 3rd party programme, they need to update it to 64 bit.
Thanks given by: CaperLeaf
MacCleanse is the process one goes through when they take all their Apple products and throw them in a dumpster.
Thanks given by: Captain aHab
(2018-10-12, 02:22 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: Ok I just upgraded to Mojave and last night I received an Apple message that MacCleanse was not optimized and something to do with 32 bit vs 64 bit. Is this an important component to my MacBook if so why wouldn’t Apple have in the latest update or more important do I need to buy the upgrade and what would it cost?

I know a few have Mac systems just curious. Thank you all!  Happy

I have a mac what is Mojave and what is MacCleanse?
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 03:02 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: MacCleanse is the process one goes through when they take all their Apple products and throw them in a dumpster.

Windows a cleaner alternative
(2018-10-12, 03:29 PM)Mavid Wrote:
(2018-10-12, 02:22 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: Ok I just upgraded to Mojave and last night I received an Apple message that MacCleanse was not optimized and something to do with 32 bit vs 64 bit. Is this an important component to my MacBook if so why wouldn’t Apple have in the latest update or more important do I need to buy the upgrade and what would it cost?

I know a few have Mac systems just curious. Thank you all!  Happy

I have a mac what is Mojave and what is MacCleanse?

Mojave is the newest OS for Mac! MacCleanse, well I had no idea that it was even on the Mac!
Thanks given by:
I can't upgrade to Mojave as my IMac and MacBook Air are too old. You must have downloaded MacCleanse, Caper. It doe not come with a Mac unless wherever you purchased it, loaded it before you took it home. Be careful with it if you do use it.
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 05:36 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: I can't upgrade to Mojave as my IMac and MacBook Air are too old. You must have downloaded MacCleanse, Caper. It doe not come with a Mac unless wherever you purchased it, loaded it before you took it home. Be careful with it if you do use it.

I see it now..how old is too old, my mac is over 4 years old

Thanks given by:
Any have an Apple TV unit that keeps crashing?
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 06:07 PM)Mavid Wrote:
(2018-10-12, 05:36 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: I can't upgrade to Mojave as my IMac and MacBook Air are too old. You must have downloaded MacCleanse, Caper. It doe not come with a Mac unless wherever you purchased it, loaded it before you took it home. Be careful with it if you do use it.

I see it now..how old is too old, my mac is over 4 years old

You should be good, I installed it on a 2012 MacBook pro
(2018-10-12, 06:09 PM)poppabyrd Wrote: Any have an Apple TV unit that keeps crashing?

I have one but it doesn’t crash, it can be a bit flaky since the new OS update
Thanks given by:

That is $64K question. Mine is refurbished one my wife and daughter got for from the Apple Store 3 1/2 years ago. So it must have been already installed. So I take from what I read here I don't need to do anything.

Just checked in the "{About this Mac" and it appears to be a MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)
Thanks given by:
What I really like about this update is there is now two screen views to choose from. I tried the black screen last night and will be using it. I seems to be very easy on the old eyes!
Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 07:28 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: What I really like about this update is there is now two screen views to choose from. I tried the black screen last night and will be using it. I seems to be very easy on the old eyes!

How long does it take to update and install..I live in the boonies..high speed is ok but is no were near the speeds you get in the city

Thanks given by:
(2018-10-12, 07:43 PM)Mavid Wrote:
(2018-10-12, 07:28 PM)CaperLeaf Wrote: What I really like about this update is there is now two screen views to choose from. I tried the black screen last night and will be using it. I seems to be very easy on the old eyes!

How long does it take to update and install..I live in the boonies..high speed is ok but is no were near the speeds you get in the city

It took me about 35-40 minutes. I have what Rogers cals Ignite 70, it is fast enough I can watch movies or sports without it stopping and starting sort of thing!
Thanks given by: Mavid
(2018-10-12, 06:09 PM)poppabyrd Wrote: Any have an Apple TV unit that keeps crashing?

I have 3 Apple TVs in my house. I've had this happen to me before.
With a pin you can reset to factory default (I think it's at the back).
Then you'll have to reinstall your network specs, but it should be fine.
If you're able to, you can check to see if there is a software update available.

But the reset pin usually works for me. Good luck !
O' for a good life, we just might have to weaken
Thanks given by: poppabyrd
My MacBook Air is a 2010 build. My IMac is a 2011 build. Both are still going strong and I don't miss Windows for a nano-second!
“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.”
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by:
Has anyone had a battery replaced on a MacBook Air?
Thanks given by:
No, but I found this on You Tube

I am going to check out my battery after seeing this video. I also believe you can replace your Solid State drive fairly easily as well.
-Eleanor Roosevelt
Thanks given by: poppabyrd
(2018-10-13, 10:31 AM)Nanuuk Wrote: No, but I found this on You Tube

I am going to check out my battery after seeing this video. I also believe you can replace your Solid State drive fairly easily as well.

Huh..mine says the battery need to be serviced...going to leave that to the propeller head..interesting I thought you could only use special screwdrivers that only apple repair places had..

Thanks given by: