• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MacT KHL Bound.
Head coach for lokomotiv.
Thanks given by:
Just heard it

Thanks given by:
Wow, is this true???)
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-16, 07:44 AM)AJGass5 Wrote: Wow, is this true???)

It seems legit.
Thanks given by:
Friedman's reports are usually solid.
Thanks given by:
Good for MacT. He's a good coach and likely had the itch again.

Thanks given by: teamblue
Wow, he must have been told he was out
Thanks given by:
25YeaRebuild's reaction to this news...

[Image: ?format=1500w]
Liberty And Justice For Most.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-16, 08:26 AM)maclintock Wrote: Wow, he must have been told he was out

Yup.

Was a helluva coach that truly made the most out of what he had to work with, year in and year out. No denying that.

Thanks given by: Superlube11 , Superlube11 , teamblue
Well, there you go - the only real member of the OBC that actually had a material say in hockey ops is out.

This should appease all, no?
Thanks given by:
Holland has been meeting with all the scouts in Pro and Amateur and player personell guys theclast 3 days,  I am sure Mac T ( I don’t know this for sure). Saw the writing on the wall a few weeks back and spent some time in Bakersfield with Holland.  Probably put his name out?

Well lots wanted old boys gone.   1 down 

Expect at least 2 of Howsen, Sutter and Green gone as well. Plus Both the other Pro Scouts 

Hopefully he keeps Keith on board
Thanks given by:
I assume Howson and Bill Scott will be out as well and a total revamp of the pro scouting to come.

Not sure of a ton of change on the amateur scouting side and I assume Keith Gretzky will take a material role in that regard - we'll see.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-16, 08:36 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Well, there you go - the only real member of the OBC that actually had a material say in hockey ops is out.

Nope lol,    Pretty sure lots want that whole player development and pro scout gang gone . Howsen was not a player for the Oil  but definately part of the Old Boys club as is Paul Messier ( Ties with his brother) 

But yes I am sure lots will be happy today.  My knock on Mac T was he is a shitty  pro scout and was a big part of that. 

The moves have started and maybe more as they are all being interviewed by Holland since Monday
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-16, 08:36 AM)Pouzar Wrote: Well, there you go - the only real member of the OBC that actually had a material say in hockey ops is out.

Wouldn't hold your breath Wink

Gretzky has financial stake in OEG and Lowe is an alternate governor for the big club and governer for the Condors (all title of course dealing with high level league items not day to day management stuff) so as long as that is the case, people will continue to cry

Thanks given by:
(2019-05-16, 08:40 AM)maclintock Wrote:

Nope lol,    Pretty sure lots want that whole player development and pro scout gang gone . Howsen was not a player for the Oil  but definately part of the Old Boys club as is Paul Messier ( Ties with his brother) 

But yes I am sure lots will be happy today.  My knock on Mac T was he is a shitty  pro scout and was a big part of that. 

The moves have started and maybe more as they are all being interviewed by Holland since Monday

See my post right above where I assume that Howson and Scott will be next and the entire pro scouting department revamped.
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-16, 08:41 AM)Oil4Evr Wrote:

Wouldn't hold your breath Wink

Gretzky has financial stake in OEG and Lowe is an alternate governor for the big club and governer for the Condors (all title of course dealing with high level league items not day to day management stuff) so as long as that is the case, people will continue to cry

I have zero concerns over the roles those two have on the business side - the more important names are those like Bill Scott and Scott Howson, who have real impact positions, as well as, of course, the terrible pro scouting department.

MacT was by far the one OBC member with the greatest impact on hockey ops.
Thanks given by:
Wonder when and if he brings in Tyler Wright ,    Especially since Stevey Y hired Verbeek,   Be nice to have both he and Gretzky in the Amateur drafting and or player personell development.

Maybe Shawn Burke as the head of Pro scouting or Mac T’s position.

Possibly lots of news this next week in coaching, firings and hirings
Thanks given by:
(2019-05-16, 08:42 AM)Maclintock Pouzar Wrote:
(2019-05-16, 08:40 AM)maclintock Wrote:

See my post right above where I assume that Howson and Scott will be next and the entire pro scouting department revamped.

I did see it, just answering to your post with who have ties,   You did not state that they have them, just that they may be gone
Thanks given by:

.gif   tenor.gif (Size: 172.46 KB / Downloads: 47)

Good riddance & don't rehire him in 2 years again
Thanks given by: Stark , oilgeo10
(2019-05-16, 08:54 AM)CTS Wrote: Good riddance & don't rehire him in 2 years again

That’s funny
Thanks given by: