Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
March Madness Thread
Tar Heels currently getting schooled by Texas A&M.

Love it!
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-18, 05:05 PM)Limestoner Wrote: Tar Heels currently getting  schooled by Texas A&M.

Love it!

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

WELP, I had the Tar Heels in my Final 4 bracket, if UMBC upsetting Virginia didn't already bust my bracket before, the Tar Heels possibly being ousted today will do it...! Icon_eek
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-18, 05:03 PM)ckendall Wrote:
(2018-03-18, 12:41 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Crazy ending to the Michigan and Houston game last night.

Houston has a chance to seal it at the free throw line with a few seconds left but misses both tries, then Michigan goes down the court & hits the 3 at the buzzer to win it & advance. Had Houston won, they would've advanced to the Sweet 16 for 1st time since Phi Slamma Jama more than 30 years ago. Shocked

Yeah the player shooting it spread his legs apart lol. Made that shot more crazy haha
Thanks given by:
Nothing like seeing UNC losing Happy
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-18, 05:44 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote:
(2018-03-18, 05:03 PM)ckendall Wrote:
(2018-03-18, 12:41 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Crazy ending to the Michigan and Houston game last night.

Houston has a chance to seal it at the free throw line with a few seconds left but misses both tries, then Michigan goes down the court & hits the 3 at the buzzer to win it & advance. Had Houston won, they would've advanced to the Sweet 16 for 1st time since Phi Slamma Jama more than 30 years ago.  Shocked

Yeah the player shooting it spread his legs apart lol. Made that shot more crazy haha

Did the exact same thing in high school apparently.

Thanks given by:
(2018-03-18, 05:46 PM)CrazyCanuckMan Wrote: Nothing like seeing UNC losing Happy

Cry Cry Cry

Been a rough go of it lately for a lot of my teams...Giants were terrible last season in the NFL, Blue Jays flamed out last year after back-to-back postseason runs, & now North Carolina's title reign could be over soon.

Well...I guess that leaves the Leafs as my last great hope for now.... Wink
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-14, 03:45 PM)ckendall Wrote:
(2018-03-13, 12:35 AM)Canuxxx Wrote: I haven't watched a single college basketball game all year. But reading some of the scouting reports lol i have the Michigan St. Spartans winning it all.

Who do you guys have?

I have Michigan State reaching the Final 4 at least.

My picks:

East - Villanova
Midwest - Michigan State
South - Virginia
West - North Carolina

Final 4:

Villanova def. Michigan State
Virginia def. North Carolina

National Title:

Villanova def. Virginia

With North Carolina on their way to losing...Michigan State bounced early today...& Virginia being bounced on Friday night, the 1st No. 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed, that's THREE of my Final 4 picks eliminated before the Sweet 16....
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4901367]
Thanks given by:
My GAWD, No. 7 Nevada rallies from down 22 points with just over 11 minutes remaining to beat No. 2 Cincinnati 75-73!! Shocked Shocked

What in gawd's name is happening in this tournament?? Has anyone ever seen this many shockers & stunners in a single weekend of college basketball??

Unbelievable. Shocked Shocked
Thanks given by:
Holy moly, what a way to close the game by Nevada. 32-8 run to win by 2 points. This years ncaa tourney has been unpredictable!!
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-18, 06:20 PM)ckendall Wrote:
(2018-03-14, 03:45 PM)ckendall Wrote:
(2018-03-13, 12:35 AM)Canuxxx Wrote: I haven't watched a single college basketball game all year. But reading some of the scouting reports lol i have the Michigan St. Spartans winning it all.

Who do you guys have?

I have Michigan State reaching the Final 4 at least.

My picks:

East - Villanova
Midwest - Michigan State
South - Virginia
West - North Carolina

Final 4:

Villanova def. Michigan State
Virginia def. North Carolina

National Title:

Villanova def. Virginia

With North Carolina on their way to losing...Michigan State bounced early today...& Virginia being bounced on Friday night, the 1st No. 1 seed to lose to a 16 seed, that's THREE of my Final 4 picks eliminated before the Sweet 16....
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4901367]

Silly
Thanks given by: ckendall
UMBC needs to win now to continue all this wackiness!!!
Thanks given by: ckendall
Welp, the run for UMBC comes to end unfortunately, K-State wins by 7 & eliminates the Retrievers to advance to the Sweet 16.
Thanks given by:
Down goes ANOTHER No. 1 seed! Xavier LOSES 75-70 to No. 9 Florida State in the West Bracket!! Shocked Shocked
Thanks given by:
(2018-03-18, 10:11 PM)ckendall Wrote: Down goes ANOTHER No. 1 seed! Xavier LOSES 75-70 to No. 9 Florida State in the West Bracket!!  Shocked  Shocked

Icon_eek
Thanks given by:
Don't think I've seen this many higher seeds bow out before the sweet 16. 

Top 4 seeds in south region are gone. 
The 4 seed in the east region is gone. #2 and 3 seeds barely sneak into the sweet 16 with 3 point wins.
The 1 and 2 seeds are gone in the west region. #3 Michigan wins on a buzzer beater to get into sweet 16.
The 3 and 4 seeds in the midwest region are gone. 

A #16 seed beats the overall #1 seed in 1st round. A pair of 4 seeds lose in 1st round against the #13 seeds. A pair of #11 seeds are in the sweet 16.

#1 seeds- 2 are gone
#2 seeds- 2 are gone
#3 seeds- 2 are gone
#4 seeds- 3 are gone

What is going on this year?!?!?!  Confused Icon_eek Laugh Mischief
Thanks given by:
The lower seeds this year have been ABSOLUTELY GLORIOUS!!!

Thanks given by:
With all the upsets, it looks like my Kentucky Wildcats has a great chance if winning this tournament now Grin

Thanks given by:
DUKE!!!! Happy
Thanks given by:
If Grayson Allen wins a Natty I think I'll puke.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I'm not a fan of his antics either. What did you do when he was the winning team in 2015? lol
Thanks given by: