Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margaret Atwood
Do you like her books? If so, which one would you most highly recommend?

Believe it or not, I've never read one.
Thanks given by:
Handmaid's Tale is a great place to start.
"I thank you in advance for the great round of applause I am about to get." - Bo Diddley
Thanks given by:
Never read one either.
Thanks given by:
(2015-09-29, 03:29 PM)bodisthava Wrote: Handmaid's Tale is a great place to start.

Yep. Really good book. I prefer Oryx and Crake, but that's the first book of a trilogy. 

Ive only read five of her books, Handmaid's Tale, the Oryx/Crake Trilogy, and Cat's Eye. All were good.
Thanks given by:
I know a Western student that got into a big Twitter fight with her, she wanted to come to London and debate him.
Thanks given by:
How's her storytelling? If she's even close to compelling as Dan Brown I might check her out.
Thanks given by:
Well she's not quite the "page turner" type of author that Brown is, very few authors are. But I still prefer her books to his. Better stories, very creative, better themes, etc.
Thanks given by:
My wife can read her books, I can't. Too boring.
Thanks given by:
(2015-09-29, 11:46 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote: How's her storytelling?  If she's even close to compelling as Dan Brown I might check her out.

Sometimes I think you're just here to take the piss.
Thanks given by:
(2015-09-30, 12:32 PM)Seamus Wrote:
(2015-09-29, 11:46 PM)TheNumber13 Wrote: How's her storytelling?  If she's even close to compelling as Dan Brown I might check her out.

Sometimes I think you're just here to take the piss.

No. He's dead serious.
Thanks given by:
Can we get her name right in the thread title ("Margaret Atwood")? She is a renowned Canadian author. Don't mean to pick on anyone for spelling but it's driving me crazy Silly
Thanks given by:

I genuinely do not know if you're being sarcastic here or not.
Thanks given by:
Hated her works back in high school, too much cool stuff to read to give her work another go
Thanks given by: