Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matchday 16
Chelsea on early and 1-0 up. One shot one goal. Chelsea look dangerous without creating anything, then bang, one cross and Palace are behind.

City v Arsenal tomorrow, and Liverpool v Everton on Monday.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-17, 08:25 AM)miltonred Wrote: Chelsea on early and 1-0 up. One shot one goal. Chelsea look dangerous without creating anything, then bang, one cross and Palace are behind.

City v Arsenal tomorrow, and Liverpool v Everton on Monday.

Great header by Costa that. Then took an obviously planned yellow to fulfill his suspension against Bournemouth next week, rest and turkey for Christmas. Ready for the new year. 

I somehow screwed up the PVRing of the United game.
Thanks given by:
Theo Theo Theo
Courage, my word, it didn't come, it doesn't matter.
Thanks given by:
7 minutes, and three clear scoring opportunities...lol. How many goals will we see today?

When I see a player like Koscielny miss kick a dribbler in front on his own goal, the little cynical voice inside of me starts chirping.
Thanks given by:
Despite the early Arsenal goal, Man City have been the much better team so far. They are very desperate for a good result and it's showing. Hopefully Arsenal can withstand this onslaught and then slowly take over the game.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-18, 11:14 AM)encore Wrote: Despite the early Arsenal goal, Man City have been the much better team so far. They are very desperate for a good result and it's showing. Hopefully Arsenal can withstand this onslaught and then slowly take over the game.

City have outchanced us 3-1 after 20 Minutes, but they're getting no love from the tv commentators lol.
Thanks given by:
Make mine a Muslim diet coke guv!
Thanks given by:
Arsenal look great on the break but dodgy at the back. City look good in possession going forward but also dodgy at the back. Bravo ain't no Neuer. Pep needs a goalie next year.
Thanks given by:
City 2-1. Deservedly. Sterling has looked great today. Arsenal need to press the ball carrier more. Seem too content to allow City to come on to them.
Thanks given by:
Ugh what a horrible week for Arsenal. On Monday morning we're 3 back of Chelsea, and now barring a comeback we're 9 back.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
First City goal offside, but we're being taken out behind the woodshed this half.

It's official...we're in a slump.
Thanks given by:
Slump?  Good Lord, it's 2 losses on the trot in 6 days.  Dodgy back - it has to be expected without Mustafi.  Not saying he's the only piece to the puzzle, but, certainly a catalyst.  We look a bit confused at the moment without him.  Add to that our frailties with confidence when conceding a goal.  We looked a completely different team in the second half and never recovered from the equalizer. 

Still no real news with Ox's hamstring injury, tho.  

I'm certainly not saying we should be happy with the outcomes, but if we lose the next 3 ... home to West Brom, Palace and away to Bournemouth - let's come back and address this slump you speak of Love

Thanks given by:
(2016-12-18, 03:19 PM)Gooner Wrote: Slump?  Good Lord, it's 2 losses on the trot in 6 days.  Dodgy back - it has to be expected without Mustafi.  Not saying he's the only piece to the puzzle, but, certainly a catalyst.  We look a bit confused at the moment without him.  Add to that our frailties with confidence when conceding a goal.  We looked a completely different team in the second half and never recovered from the equalizer. 

Still no real news with Ox's hamstring injury, tho.  

I'm certainly not saying we should be happy with the outcomes, but if we lose the next 3 ... home to West Brom, Palace and away to Bournemouth - let's come back and address this slump you speak of Love
We're incapable of winning a game 1-0.
Thanks given by:
(2016-12-18, 08:04 PM)Arsenal Wrote: We're incapable of winning a game 1-0.

Hmmm.  20% of all our victories in the history of the Prem have been 1-0.  That equals 100 matches or on statistical average, every 9 matches is a 1-0 win.

Turn that Catholic frown, upside down.   Grin

Thanks given by:
LOL at the stats.  

I saw this video this morning and thought it was funny.

Man, Chelsea are terrible to watch.  I know they're leading the league and all, but holy Jesus what a ***** rubbish brand of football they play.  I think it's also worth pointing out that no other team is playing at any level close to their ability.  United seem to be clicking, but they dug themselves a very big hole.  

The Leicester game was a fun one to watch.  They were getting really harshly judged by the ref.  Vardy's red was very harsh, and I'd go so far as to say it was a blown call.  But a hell of a fight back.  Hughes should have adjusted for the onslaught, but didn't.  Typical Hughes managed team.
Thanks given by:
Stats just back up what Arsenal is refusing to believe.  It's pretty black and white if you're going to throw out we can never win a 1-0 match.  

Oh look, it's Claude and the little rapper guy speaking to Robbie .... again ... for the umpteenth million time.  Unbiased opinion from Claude?  Might as well look for a virgin in a whorehouse.  It's all about the manager for him and his ilk - I don't even have to watch to know he's frothing at the mouth about Wenger and calling for his head, calling for change.  Same old boring rhetoric from the same boring asshat that lives in yesteryear - oh the glory days.  I don't even know why there is this insistence to even try to speak to this turd.  Capital T - Twat.

Thanks given by: TonyManYoo
bang on there. I don't watch these, I just happened to get sent a link, which I clicked. **** man...these are the fans of football now. We all have these at our clubs. Arguing over who's more dedicated....and whether another clubs transfers are "worth it".

I feel like Claude is DWB and his Ilk. Man...what a way to live your life.
Thanks given by:
Should have posted in here:

Derby is a good watch. Everton just lost Stekelenburg. Everton really taking the Scottish approach to this match. Thuggery and poor passing. Liverpool doing just half that with the passing aspect.

I'm enjoying this though. Something tells me a scrappy goal is going to be produced.
Thanks given by:
Coleman is a right twat isn't he? Gets into the fracas well after the tackle from Barkley.
Thanks given by:
There's 20 minutes left and this is getting nice and spicy.
Thanks given by: