Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max Domi - A look at his playmaking
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiqoR5V0yvo

I think his shirt has won me over.  

But how come Domi hears about the trade from MB and Galchenyuk reportedly hears about it on Twitter?

#fansflames
Thanks given by:
Living near London (& thanks to Rogers community programming) I have watched a fair number of NHLers come through town and have success with the Knights.  Max showed lots of good effort and craftiness around the net . He seems to be a pretty solid kid and I am quite happy to see him in a Habs jersey.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-11, 11:35 PM)Albert Burtlap Wrote: Thanks for the information brother.  Wanted more for the guy we sent for him but I am looking forward to seeing what new Max can bring.  

I'd actually like to see Lehkonen play with him, I think Domi's anticipation, vision and skill will mesh nicely with Lehkonen who can focus more on scoring goals and I really think he has a lot more goals to give.

And add feistiness and heart to that and I know I will like Max early if he is as advertised (and oh my if he thrives).

I think we are under estimating Hudon too. I think he can score prob as much as Lehk. Seems Mtl has always brought him along slowly, too slow, like they didn't believe in him lol. But for his TOI and role he played (mostly D line with Pleks) he didn't do too badly as a rookie and I do wonder if he and Lehk both had equal opportunity and were capitalizing on them...who would be the better goal scorer.

With Patches most likely leaving it seems like most of our wingers are playmakers...Drouin, Domi, Hudon.....yet I feel Hudon can score more if the playmaking was left for someone else.

Our "goal scoring wingers" right now are Gally, Byron ( who is out to start the season) and Lehk who has scored 18 already in the league. ( wow we will miss our 30+ goal guy)

Armia? Sherbak? No idea what we have there. Do they have 20g talent in them?

But hopefully both Drouin and Domi can find the right guys to play with, guys who will capitalize on the set up
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 12:04 AM)RightNyder Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiqoR5V0yvo

But how come Domi hears about the trade from MB and Galchenyuk reportedly hears about it on Twitter?

#fansflames

While I wasn't following the minutiae too closely wasn't Galchenyuk on an International flight when the trade occurred?

Wheels down... cell phone in hand... alerts buzz away & you check twitter/social media first, check messages and return missed calls later.

If he was on a flight (I certainly may be mistaken) he would literally be alerted about the trade by Twitter the moment he turned off airplane mode.

(Again, if he was on a flight).
(Also, I don't really care... many guys find out about their trades because TSN called them to ask about it before the league/teams announced it. It happens all the time).
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 07:45 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote:
(2018-07-11, 11:35 PM)Albert Burtlap Wrote: Thanks for the information brother.  Wanted more for the guy we sent for him but I am looking forward to seeing what new Max can bring.  

I'd actually like to see Lehkonen play with him, I think Domi's anticipation, vision and skill will mesh nicely with Lehkonen who can focus more on scoring goals and I really think he has a lot more goals to give.

And add feistiness and heart to that and I know I will like Max early if he is as advertised (and oh my if he thrives).

I think we are under estimating Hudon too. I think he can score prob as much as Lehk. Seems Mtl has always brought him along slowly, too slow, like they didn't believe in him lol. But for his TOI and role he played (mostly D line with Pleks) he didn't do too badly as a rookie and I do wonder if he and Lehk both had equal opportunity and were capitalizing on them...who would be the better goal scorer.

With Patches most likely leaving it seems like most of our wingers are playmakers...Drouin, Domi, Hudon.....yet I feel Hudon can score more if the playmaking was left for someone else.

Our "goal scoring wingers" right now are Gally, Byron ( who is out to start the season) and Lehk who has scored 18 already in the league. ( wow we will miss our 30+ goal guy)

But hopefully both Drouin and Domi can find the right guys to play with, guys who will capitalize on the set up

I certainly think Lehkonen has more of a scorer's touch than Hudon. Hudon is more opportunistic... but Lehk has the better shot.
Both struggled to find the net or capitalize on chances this past season (as everyone did). I don't expect it to continue to the same degree, but I sure as hell won't bet against it.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 12:04 AM)RightNyder Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiqoR5V0yvo

#fansflames

Thanks for the link, RN. Really like the kid. Reminds me of a Gallagher who is more outspoken. Certainly seems genuine and unrehearsed. It's refreshing, on some level.

The most important thing I heard (what I liked the most, let's say) was the answer to , "What do you bring to the Habs?"

He stressed that it's a team sport and that he doesn't think he should say what HE brings to the Habs (I think its a humility thing and a team mentality thing). 

He resumed it to bringing the effort every night, doing what was asked of him and concentrating on WINNING.

Sounds to me like the ethic of a team first player with a warrior mentality. What more can you ask for, especially come playoff time?

I'm convinced that we will like Domi very much.

I also think that it's not unusual the adversity which Domi battled throughout his life (Type 1 Diabetes in his case) has lead to him having the drive that brought him to the NHL.

Good fresh face to add to the team, IMO.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 08:59 AM)Guy Smiley Wrote:
(2018-07-13, 07:45 AM)Haba-daba-do Wrote:

I certainly think Lehkonen has more of a scorer's touch than Hudon. Hudon is more opportunistic... but Lehk has the better shot.
Both struggled to find the net or capitalize on chances this past season (as everyone did). I don't expect it to continue to the same degree, but I sure as hell won't bet against it.
Lehkonen certainly suffered from having the sophomore slump last year. His shooting % was way off and the injury didn't help. HEOTP pro-rated his season if healthy and he would've still scored 15 goals despite being so unlucky.

Lehkonen has an NHL quality shot, there is no doubt about it. 

Hudon can shoot and pass, but is, IMO, more savvy of a passer than he is a talented shooter. Opportunistic, as you say, is a better way to describe him as a goal-scorer. His shot becomes effective when he pounces on a puck closer in on the opposing G, let's say. 

Scherbak, IMO, is a better shot than Hudon, but uses it less, even, than the other. He,s such a good playmaker that it is his default mode, to a fault. Scherbak has puck-handling skills and a shot that would, IMO, make him a perennial 20+ goal-scorer if he was more of a selfish player. A bit of water-boarding and some brain-washing might help in his case. Definitely need to deprogram what has been engrained.

Drouin is much better shot than he is given credit for as well, especially cross crease from the left side. The kid can top roof it over the G's left shoulder with dumbfounding accuracy even when the angle looks pretty steep. However, we have another pass first player in Drouin, I believe. 

Haven't seen much of Domi, to be honest, but I've heard the same. In Juniors, though, he had a nose for the net and was able to score that way, even in higher level International play.

I find it kind of funny how we have too much of the same thing when we mentioned having Gallagher and Shaw in the past, but nobody has said as much about having Domi and Gallagher, despite both being high energy players. Is it because Domi has more overall skill than Shaw?

Honestly, if it wasn't for Shaw's noggin' fragility, it wouldn't be such a bad thing to have a spark plug like Gallagher, Domi and Shaw on three different lines. Certainly no rest for the opponent that way.

I like the idea of Domi - Hudon - Lehkonen or Domi - Hudon - Armia (more size to add a different element).

You can actually sub Danault in for Hudon, especially if Julien doesn't want to use Hudon at C, but I don't see as much offensive opportunism without Hudon on that line. You get equal defensive awareness and even an added dose of speed in Danault, though, and maybe developing chemistry can bring out more offense in Danault?
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 08:57 AM)Guy Smiley Wrote:

#fansflames

While I wasn't following the minutiae too closely wasn't Galchenyuk on an International flight when the trade occurred?

Wheels down... cell phone in hand... alerts buzz away & you check twitter/social media first, check messages and return missed calls later.

If he was on a flight (I certainly may be mistaken) he would literally be alerted about the trade by Twitter the moment he turned off airplane mode.

(Also, I don't really care... many guys find out about their trades because TSN called them to ask about it before the league/teams announced it. It happens all the time).

I just have to satisfy my 'MB is an idiot' posting quotient each day.

Domi hasn't played a minute and I like him already. 

But #stupidityofphilosophy still left us face-planting in the muck.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 09:37 AM)RightNyder Wrote:

#fansflames

#stupidityofphilosophy
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 09:39 AM)Guy Smiley Wrote:
(2018-07-13, 09:37 AM)RightNyder Wrote:

#fansflames

#stupidityofphilosophy

Keeps me closer to MB. I need to understand. Plus, it's important to remember that he's an arsonist and not to lose focus when he's got matches in his hand.
Thanks given by: