Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Max To Chicago?
The trade today certainly opens up some more trade options for Max.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-12, 06:24 PM)Bong13 Wrote: The trade today certainly opens up some more trade options for Max.

Chayka flexing his muscles after MB hinted he wanted the Habs to become the league's trash receptacle.

Be interesting to see if the Hawks load up and try for one more run. The West is a mother, though.
Thanks given by:
Yup that if course was the rumor. Patches and Skinner are Chicago's interest. Thing is, looking at their prospect list..yikes, there isn't much there (Altho I don't recall who they drafted this June). Debrincat- doubt he is availablew. They do have their 1st round pick from 2017 a dman in Finland. Still a few yrs away, named Henri Jokiharju but only 48 pts last yr in Whl. Like I said. Not much there in prospects maybe Krys? In Ncaa I believe
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-12, 06:42 PM)Haba-daba-do Wrote: Yup that if course was the rumor. Patches and Skinner are Chicago's interest. Thing is, looking at their prospect list..yikes, there isn't much there (Altho I don't recall who they drafted this June). Debrincat- doubt he is availablew. They do have their 1st round pick from 2017 a dman in Finland. Still a few yrs away, named Henri Jokiharju but only 48 pts last yr in Whl. Like I said. Not much there in prospects maybe Krys? In Ncaa I believe

As we speak, Bouchard and Ducharme holding down MB as Geoffie injects him with anti-Seabrook serum.

I could see MB taking on Kessel in a deal with the Pens or also Lucic and a prospect/pick from Edmonton.

But given where we're at, any team that steps up with a first-rounder or a solid prospect and a pick should head to the front of the line.
Thanks given by: Faceman
Karlsson to Chicago?
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-12, 10:53 PM)Cal Wrote: Karlsson to Chicago?

Hum interesting

Or maybe just Chic doing some spring cleaning just to open cap space cause who knows what the season will bring. Maybe it's not for one of the big names right now out there. Maybe it's just finally someone took their garbage and now they have room for any future moves. Then may want to see how team starts off the season before morgaging the future for an older star player.
Thanks given by:
OK ...got this one figured out...we are all being tricked! This is actually an elaborate plan to paint this situation negatively....because we are going to sign Max after the season!!! We are stetting this up as a one year rental....we will get not singed MAx value, but better than deadline rates....BUT.....then we will extend him in UFA season!!! Ok...not happening but man that would be one hell of a coup if it were the case!! Mange to get a 1st rounder and high end prospect, tank again this year, move out Byron, Benn,etc...ten revisit all of them in summer a la Pleks? This would also be a means of relieving Patch of the C in which he could save face! You know what? the world looks pretty cool in Rose colours...
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 09:09 AM)krob1000 Wrote: OK ...got this one figured out...we are all being tricked! This is actually an elaborate plan to paint this situation negatively....because we are going to sign Max after the season!!! We are stetting this up as a one year rental....we will get not singed MAx value, but better than deadline rates....BUT.....then we will extend him in UFA season!!! Ok...not happening but man that would be one hell of a coup if it were the case!! Mange to get a 1st rounder and high end prospect, tank again this year, move out Byron, Benn,etc...ten revisit all of them in summer a la Pleks? This would also be a means of relieving Patch of the C in which he could save face! You know what? the world looks pretty cool in Rose colours...

Fertile imagination, for sure.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
Max is selling his house because he's planning to come back here next season. I'm all for theories but this is ridiculous.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 09:46 AM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: Max is selling his house because he's planning to come back here next season. I'm all for theories but this is ridiculous.

Yup...that was the point...guess I should use those little emoticons or whatever....thought the last line gave it away!
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 11:12 AM)krob1000 Wrote:
(2018-07-13, 09:46 AM)DDO_Habs_Fan Wrote: Max is selling his house because he's planning to come back here next season. I'm all for theories but this is ridiculous.

Yup...that was the point...guess I should use those little emoticons or whatever....thought the last line gave it away!

The sad thing is what will we get back for Patches? MB has done such a hatchet job on this asset that no one will pay true face value now.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 12:39 PM)Ahh 1977! Wrote:

The sad thing is what will we get back for Patches? MB has done such a hatchet job on this asset that no one will pay true face value now.
Yep, that ship sailed.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 12:39 PM)Ahh 1977! Wrote:

What is True Face Value?
Thanks given by:
If a trade can't be done before training camp than Pacioretty stays until a fair trade can be done. Duchene did it why can't he. Not ideal but he's the one that nixed the LA trade.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 12:54 PM)bchippie Wrote: If a trade can't be done before training camp than Pacioretty stays until a fair trade can be done. Duchene did it why can't he. Not ideal but he's the one that nixed the LA trade.

That allegedly nixed the alleged LA trade.

The scary part about social media is how rumours, hypotheses and unverified statements in one conversation become cited facts in later conversations.

Disinformation blurs reality and leaves everything up for grabs as purported fact. Even supposedly legitimate news outlets propagate falsehoods without verifying facts for fear of being scooped by competitors.
Ancient Chinese Proverb: A mosquito landing on your testicle should help you realize that violence doesn't solve every problem
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 01:10 PM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2018-07-13, 12:54 PM)bchippie Wrote: If a trade can't be done before training camp than Pacioretty stays until a fair trade can be done. Duchene did it why can't he. Not ideal but he's the one that nixed the LA trade.

The scary part about social media is how rumours, hypotheses and unverified statements in one conversation become cited facts in later conversations.

Disinformation blurs reality and leaves everything up for grabs as purported fact. Even supposedly legitimate news outlets propagate falsehoods without verifying facts for fear of being scooped by competitors.

True but this is coming from the big boys, McKenzie and Friedman and not Eklund. There is a difference.
Thanks given by:
Found an interesting trade on a fanboard for a Chicago fan.....

They were suggesting Patch, Shaw and a 2019 3rd to Chicago......for Anisimov, 2019 1st, Beaudin and 2019 5th....

I found this one kind of interesting....can see the appeal for them....and for us....Shaw/Anisimov is a contrct wash...but we gte C, they get their boy back. Patch and 3rd for BEaudin, 1st and 5th? I can live with that...
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 01:14 PM)bchippie Wrote:

True but this is coming from the big boys, McKenzie and Friedman and not Eklund. There is a difference.
Sure, but they are wrong more than 50% of the time as well. a Friedman or a McKenzie statement is not a guaranteed fact either. I'm not saying that they are frauds, but with the quantity of alleged news that needs to be generated in a 7/7, 24-hour news cycle, lots of hearsay takes center stage, even among the big boys, as you put it.

In Sports, it's even worse, because "alleged" sources are preciously guarded and, since we're talking about nothing more than entertainment, there is no real outside pressure to tell the truth, as long as it generates more attention.

And then, the next rumour/information comes along at such a fast pace that the last one quickly falls to the wayside and the source of the last one is immediately off the hook for whatever was said.
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 01:20 PM)Scriptor Wrote:
(2018-07-13, 01:14 PM)bchippie Wrote:

Sure, but they are wrong more than 50% of the time as well. a Friedman or a McKenzie statement is not a guaranteed fact either. I'm not saying that they are frauds, but with the quantity of alleged news that needs to be generated in a 7/7, 24-hour news cycle, lots of hearsay takes center stage, even among the big boys, as you put it.

In Sports, it's even worse, because "alleged" sources are preciously guarded and, since we're talking about nothing more than entertainment, there is no real outside pressure to tell the truth, as long as it generates more attention.

And then, the next rumour/information comes along at such a fast pace that the last one quickly falls to the wayside and the source of the last one is immediately off the hook for whatever was said.

Mckenzie and Friedman are God like damn it. Happy
Thanks given by:
(2018-07-13, 01:19 PM)krob1000 Wrote: Found an interesting trade on a fanboard for a Chicago fan.....

They were suggesting Patch, Shaw and a 2019 3rd to Chicago......for Anisimov, 2019 1st, Beaudin and 2019 5th....

I found this one kind of interesting....can see the appeal for them....and for us....Shaw/Anisimov is a contrct wash...but we gte C, they get their boy back.  Patch and 3rd for BEaudin, 1st and 5th? I can live with that...
I've seen 7 variations of this trade proposal already on different boards. Some have MON holding salary for Shaw, or whatever.

Whatever is said, MON and CHI, at this precise moment in time, are always potential partners. CHI is in a win-now mode with too high a total Cap hit to comfortably manoeuvre around filling out their roster. MON is in a wait for youngsters to develop mode with plenty of Cap room to take a burden off another team's shoulders for 1, 2, 3, or even more years before they need all of their Cap space to keep their talented roster together.

Keep in mind that, even in 2 or 3 years, MON will have so many talented rookies in the lineup that overpriced salaries such as Price's, Weber's and Alzner's won't even be a concern. Re-signing Gallagher in three years and upping the salaries of progressing youngsters won't be hard to do either, even if we have a few bad contracts buried in the minors.

The real concern going forward is for Bergevin not taking on contracts with NMCs that would force the GM to protect useless players in the upcoming expansion draft.
Thanks given by: