Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayweather vs McGregor? lol
Does anyone here think Connor could beat Floyd in a boxing match?

All these talk about a possible Mayweather/McGregor match is ridiculous. Dana White is completely delusional. Connor McGregor would have NO CHANCE against Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match. Absolutely no chance. 

I mean, Manny Pacquiao IMO has the fastest hands in all of boxing, future hall of famer, one of the all time greats. He couldn't land a clean punch against Mayweather when they fought. Connor McGregor is nowhere near as good a boxer as Pacquiao. How the hell is he going to beat Floyd? would he even last a round against Floyd?

Seems like Connor just wants a boxing pay day instead of a UFC pay day.

Thanks given by:
Floyd is run, hide, jab run, hide, jab in a boxing match. I would like to see him in a MMA match.

Yes, Floyd is a great technical boxer but I hate his style. In a boxing match he would beat CM. In a MMA fight CM would give FM a beat down.
Thanks given by: Highstyx
(2016-11-18, 03:54 PM)Canuxxx Wrote: Does anyone here think Connor could beat Floyd in a boxing match?

All these talk about a possible Mayweather/McGregor match is ridiculous. Dana White is completely delusional. Connor McGregor would have NO CHANCE against Floyd Mayweather in a boxing match. Absolutely no chance. 

I mean, Manny Pacquiao IMO has the fastest hands in all of boxing, future hall of famer, one of the all time greats. He couldn't land a clean punch against Mayweather when they fought. Connor McGregor is nowhere near as good a boxer as Pacquiao. How the hell is he going to beat Floyd? would he even last a round against Floyd?

Seems like Connor just wants a boxing pay day instead of a UFC pay day.

McGregor could easily last a round with Mayweather. When was the last time Mayweather went after a guy trying to knock him out? 

I don't think its far fetched to say McGregor could go 12 rounds with Mayweather and be competitive.
Thanks given by:
Connor would get destroyed in a boxing ring, just like Mayweather would get destroyed in the Octagon.

Who wins, would be determined by what rules they follow.
Thanks given by: Bong13
How exactly would Mayweather destroy him? Do you watch any Mayweather fights? He doesn't really destroy anybody. He outpoints guys over 12 rounds. He has 3 stoppages in 11 years and is pushing 40.

If the fight is at 155lbs, which is doubtful as Mayweather has not been keen on moving up from 147lbs, Mcgregor would enter the ring with a 15-20lbs weight advantage, 2 inch reach advantage. Mayweather fights around his natural weight, Conor would be cutting down to make the weight.
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-19, 02:02 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: How exactly would Mayweather destroy him? Do you watch any Mayweather fights? He doesn't really destroy anybody. He outpoints guys over 12 rounds. He has 3 stoppages in 11 years and is pushing 40.

If the fight is at 155lbs, which is doubtful as Mayweather has not been keen on moving up from 147lbs, Mcgregor would enter the ring with a 15-20lbs weight advantage, 2 inch reach advantage. Mayweather fights around his natural weight, Conor would be cutting down to make the weight.

Because Mayweather is the superior boxer.

Look, I know McGregor can throw a punch. But how is his boxing skills overall? his stamina? his defense?

If they fight, Connor would probably try for the KO punch early but I don't think he has the skill/speed to hit Mayweather. Mayweather would just pot shot him all night.

Thanks given by:
He might pot shot him all night, but that would not be "destroying" him the way an MMA fighter can destroy a boxer in an MMA fight.
Thanks given by:
Connor has no head movement or movement period for boxing. Let alone against Mayweather. McGregor would literally be a standing target for Mayweather all night.
Maybe do one of those freak show / hybrid rules fights that they have in Japan & K1.
1st round is boxing rules with boxing gloves. In between rounds they swap gloves for MMA gloves & round 2 is MMA rules. Keep alternating between rounds!
Thanks given by:
Anyone who thinks Connor or any MMA fighter would be competitve with ANY high level boxer in a boxing match is flat out insane.  Its like saying asking if Mike Trout could beat Usain Bolt in the 100m.

Anderson Silva tried boxing back in the day and struggled agaisnt nobodies.
Thanks given by: Bong13
Your analogy is not even close to realistic. MMA fighters train in boxing. They spar, they take punches with 4oz gloves, they compete in a combat sport at the highest level. If you had any clue as to how Mayweather actually fights, it would not suprise you to see McGregor go the distance against him. Mayweather has limited power and does not go after opponents. He just looks to counter punch and out point. Not the recipe for destroying somebody.
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-20, 05:15 PM)Andrew Wrote: Anyone who thinks Connor or any MMA fighter would be competitve with ANY high level boxer in a boxing match is flat out insane.  Its like saying asking if Mike Trout could beat Usain Bolt in the 100m.

Anderson Silva tried boxing back in the day and struggled agaisnt nobodies.

Here is Silva boxing. Maybe try watching it and tell everybody again that he struggled.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=RbyKZoiyriM
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-20, 06:19 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Your analogy is not even close to realistic. MMA fighters train in boxing. They spar, they take punches with 4oz gloves, they compete in a combat sport at the highest level. If you had any clue as to how Mayweather actually fights, it would not suprise you to see McGregor go the distance against him. Mayweather has limited power and does not go after opponents. He just looks to counter punch and out point. Not the recipe for destroying somebody.

its an entirely accurate analogy. Mike Trout is really fast for a baseball player. Put him against guys who devote their entire lives to only being fast and nothing else though and he is a joke. It's the exact same thing here. Connor is a decent boxer for an MMA fighter. Put him against guys who have spent their entire lives boxing and only boxing though and he is an amateur at best. Ronda Rousey thought she was a good boxer too. Until she tried to stand with an actual boxer and got absolutely lit up. And that was in a fight with MMA rules.  And you think Connor is going to hold his own against literally one of the best boxers of all time under boxing rules? lol.

MMA fighters train boxing a couple times a week and most MMA fighters have zero boxing background when they get into MMA. Boxers train boxing and only boxing every single day for their entire life from the time they are teenagers.  You really, really have no idea what you are talking about here. It's absolutely ridiculous to suggest that McGregor would go the distance and be competitive with one of the best boxers of all time. Because if he could, he would be boxing and making 10x as much money. And you reasoning that Floyd is a defensive fighter so therefore Connor would not have to worry about getting hit is just insane.

Mayweather's footwork and movement alone is on a different planet from Connor.  It would be a joke watching them try to box. The fact that you can't see that means you lack understanding of both boxing and MMA.

Bovada recently listed Floyd as a -2250 favourite in a theoretical fight with Connor. -2250! hahahaha. 

But yeah, you keep believing Connor has a chance. lol.

Quote:Here is Silva boxing. Maybe try watching it and tell everybody again that he struggled.

Well, if you actually knew what you were talking about you would know that the video you posted is from his second fight and is largely thought to be fixed. Or at the very least a squash fight. The guy he fought has never had another boxing match in his life before or since. (and Silva still didnt even look that good)

http://boxrec.com/boxer/325794

In his first fight where Silva fought an actual trained boxer amd his team threw in the towel after the second round.

http://boxrec.com/boxer/56926
Thanks given by:
You said Anderson Silva tried boxing back in the day and struggled against nobodies. He lost one fight and doninated another. His first pro boxing fight was when he was 23 and had only 2 pro MMA fights. This wasn't Anderson Silva in his prime. It was a young raw Anderson Silva with 2 MMA fights worth of experience.

Rhonda Rousey was never a good boxer despite what she thought. Her striking ability versus McGregors striking ability, her footwork versus McGregors footwork, her overall boxing versus McGregors boxing are not comparable. Rousey's inability to box doesn't mean anything.

And no, your analogy is stupid and means nothing.

I am not saying McGregor could beat Mayweather. What I am saying is Mcgregor has the abilty of not getting destroyed by Mayweather. I don't see Mayweather knocking out McGregor, let alone any other opponent.
Thanks given by:
Boxing and MMA are two completely different sport. Just because you can throw a punch doesn't mean you're a good boxer. McGregor is an AMATEUR compare to Mayweather who's one of the GOAT. I'm not even sure if amateur is the right word, i don't think McGregor would stand a chance against amateur boxers.

Thanks given by:
Boxing and MMA are not completely different sports. Boxing is one aspect of MMA. Wrestling and boxing are two completely different sports. Jiu-jitsu and boxing are two completely different sports. The top strikers in MMA aren't just throwing a punch.
Thanks given by:
There is clearly no convincing you. No matter what logical argument anyone makes you will just brush it off with nonsense. I pointed out that Silva beat a guy who had literally never boxed before or since and you just ignored it completely and continued to act like it was proof of something. lol. It's also pretty clear that you don't really know much about either sport as you think they are the same just because they both have striking, lol. They are in fact very very different. If you used a traditional boxing stance in an MMA fight you would get murdered and vice versa in a boxing match.

Believe whatever you want. The fact is that almost nobody who actually knows what they are talking about agrees with you.

Quote:"If Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather fight in MMA, Conor McGregor will f*ck him up. He will f*ck him up...But, in a boxing match, I can't imagine a world where Floyd Mayweather doesn't f*ck [McGregor] up. In a boxing match I think Floyd Mayweather is arguably the greatest boxer of all time...He's just so much better. And if people don't know, if you think you're really good and then you get in there and box a guy like that, he will f*cking expose the sh*t out of you.

But I mean, who knows man? One of the things we know about Conor is he has a ridiculous belief in himself and he has unbelievable power. One of the things we know about Floyd is he's 39. So when a guy turns 39, you never know. For every guy like Bernard Hopkins, there's a bunch of guys where the wheels just fall off and all of a sudden they can't take a punch anymore and they can't fight anymore, they don't move good anymore. But I can't imagine a world where he's not light years past Conor with boxing skill. "

-Joe Rogan

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/9/1163...r-mcgregor

Quote:I am not saying McGregor could beat Mayweather. What I am saying is Mcgregor has the abilty of not getting destroyed by Mayweather. I don't see Mayweather knocking out McGregor, let alone any other opponent.

No, what you actually said was that McGregor would last the distance and be competitive. Which is just ridiculous.
Thanks given by:
(2016-11-21, 03:37 PM)Andrew Wrote: There is clearly no convincing you. No matter what logical argument anyone makes you will just brush it off with nonsense. I pointed out that Silva beat a guy who had literally never boxed before or since and you just ignored it completely and continued to act like it was proof of something. lol.

Believe whatever you want. The fact is that almost nobody who actually knows what they are talking about agrees with you.

Quote:"If Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather fight in MMA, Conor McGregor will f*ck him up. He will f*ck him up...But, in a boxing match, I can't imagine a world where Floyd Mayweather doesn't f*ck [McGregor] up. In a boxing match I think Floyd Mayweather is arguably the greatest boxer of all time...He's just so much better. And if people don't know, if you think you're really good and then you get in there and box a guy like that, he will f*cking expose the sh*t out of you.

But I mean, who knows man? One of the things we know about Conor is he has a ridiculous belief in himself and he has unbelievable power. One of the things we know about Floyd is he's 39. So when a guy turns 39, you never know. For every guy like Bernard Hopkins, there's a bunch of guys where the wheels just fall off and all of a sudden they can't take a punch anymore and they can't fight anymore, they don't move good anymore. But I can't imagine a world where he's not light years past Conor with boxing skill. "

-Joe Rogan

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/9/1163...r-mcgregor

Quote:I am not saying McGregor could beat Mayweather. What I am saying is Mcgregor has the abilty of not getting destroyed by Mayweather. I don't see Mayweather knocking out McGregor, let alone any other opponent.

No, what you actually said was that McGregor would last the distance and be competitive. Which is just ridiculous.

Why do you feel the need to make everybody beleive what you do? Seems like every thread that you don't agree with somebody you get upset that they won't tell you that you are right.

You seem to be confused about why Silva was being discussed. You brought him in to the conversation to try and prove an MMA fighter can't box and made a statement that he struggled against nobodies. I showed that to be false l. I never brought Silva in to the coversation as proof of anything. I know Silva's boxing experience and I know it proves nothing. Not sure how you got confused when you are the one arguing about Silva.

Now stop crying because somebody else has an opinion. Save that for your Trump whinefests.
Thanks given by:
Also from that same interview you quoted Joe Rogan he says this

"With Mayweather it is very possible he is going to get to the Decision... if I was in his (McGregor) corner I would say look this can be done."

So Rogan also thinks its possible that McGregor can go the distance with Mayweather. Skip Bayless also thinks for the same reasons I do, that McGregor can go the distance.
Thanks given by:
Of course Rogan would say that. He's a UFC guy. And did you just say Skip Bayless? lol c'mon!

Thanks given by:
LMAO. Nice selective reading there. Rogan only says that as a hypothetical if he was in Connors corner. He very clearly does not think connor will do well agaisnt floyd. As do most objective knowledgeable people.

And you seem to be confused . its not about me trying to make everyone agree with me. Its about you having a ridiculous opinion with no basis in reality and not being able to realize it. Which is pretty much par for the course. I supposed its on me for trying to reason with an inherently unreasonable person.
Thanks given by: