Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayweather vs McGregor? lol
Well, technically the process of losing weight is "cutting" regardless of the means in which it is done, but I get your point. And I agree with both of you - it's a very dangerous issue and one that doesn't seem to be getting any better...
Thanks given by:
Speaking of weight cutting, this happened over the weekend in Japan.  Japan is notorious for having no drug testing & very lax rules regarding, well..... everything!    Guy was still allowed to fight too, just brutal.  Lost a decision.    A grown man should not way 115 lbs. period!  Unless you're like 4'7" or something

Thanks given by:
everybody involved in that should be fired and never get to coach again

thats despicable
Thanks given by:
Yeah, that's completely ridiculous.

On a semi-related note, it should be interesting to see how Johny Hendricks' next cut goes for UFC 217. Although he claims to not be worried, he's reportedly still over 200lbs a little over 3 weeks out. He's 5'9"... The internet is starting to call him "Pigg Rigg", lol
Thanks given by:
Jim Lampley Claims Mayweather 'Threw Rounds' in McGregor Fight

http://www.vladtv.com/article/235296/jim...egor-fight

well no shit he did
Thanks given by:
McGregor challenges Mayweather to MMA bout: 'Let's f---ing do it'

Conor McGregor wants another crack at Floyd Mayweather Jr. - this time, in the Octagon.

The Irishman issued a challenge to the retired boxer while being interviewed by Caroline Pearce in Glasgow in September. The full video of their hour-long chat was made public Friday.

"What sickens me is that the little ***** is retired now. If I had another go with him, under boxing rules, I'd get that win," McGregor said, according to Alan Dawson of Business Insider. "He had to change his whole approach. With those lessons I learned, with another go around, I'd get it. He's 50-0 and getting on, I'm not calling him out. I'll sit back. We'll see how he gets on with this round of money. Maybe I'll get another call. Originally he was saying an MMA bout next. That's what he said before the fight.

"He did say an MMA fight. So if he wants to, let's f***ing do it. There's not a hope in hell ... I'd like to see him come over to our side and have a knock. I earned their respect and put myself out there. Style over to my side and earn our respect now."

Though McGregor doesn't sound overly optimistic about the chances of another bout, some believe it will happen. Hall of Fame boxing commentator Jim Lampley told TMZ Sports recently that Mayweather "obviously" let McGregor win some of the early rounds of their Aug. 26 fight to set up a rematch.
Thanks given by:
McGregor will likely fight Ferguson next according to Connor's manager.

Hopefully it comes to fruition. He needs to defend a belt
Thanks given by: Bong13
(2017-10-31, 04:44 PM)Bong13 Wrote: McGregor challenges Mayweather to MMA bout: 'Let's f---ing do it'

Conor McGregor wants another crack at Floyd Mayweather Jr. - this time, in the Octagon.

The Irishman issued a challenge to the retired boxer while being interviewed by Caroline Pearce in Glasgow in September. The full video of their hour-long chat was made public Friday.

"What sickens me is that the little ***** is retired now. If I had another go with him, under boxing rules, I'd get that win," McGregor said, according to Alan Dawson of Business Insider. "He had to change his whole approach. With those lessons I learned, with another go around, I'd get it. He's 50-0 and getting on, I'm not calling him out. I'll sit back. We'll see how he gets on with this round of money. Maybe I'll get another call. Originally he was saying an MMA bout next. That's what he said before the fight.

"He did say an MMA fight. So if he wants to, let's f***ing do it. There's not a hope in hell ... I'd like to see him come over to our side and have a knock. I earned their respect and put myself out there. Style over to my side and earn our respect now."

Though McGregor doesn't sound overly optimistic about the chances of another bout, some believe it will happen. Hall of Fame boxing commentator Jim Lampley told TMZ Sports recently that Mayweather "obviously" let McGregor win some of the early rounds of their Aug. 26 fight to set up a rematch.

There is no chance he would win a rematch in the boxing ring with Mayweather.  You watch any - ANY - previous fight with him and it's clear he dummied down to MacGregor's skillset.  He wasn't even 50% Floyd.

There is even less chance he'll ever step into the octagon with Connor.  Unless it's a billion dollars he has no interest in tarnishing his perfect fighting career, boxing, MMA or not.  

This needs to just die already.
Thanks given by:
(2017-10-31, 04:44 PM)Bong13 Wrote: McGregor challenges Mayweather to MMA bout: 'Let's f---ing do it'

"What sickens me is that the little ***** is retired now. If I had another go with him, under boxing rules, I'd get that win," McGregor said, according to Alan Dawson of Business Insider

He was retired THEN!

Conor fought a 40 year old, 2 years retired boxer...and got fed his lunch.
Thanks given by: