Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minny at Oil - Pack hunting !
Flames did us a favour but Vegas won again. Oilers as frustrating as they have been of late offensively, are coming off a serious gut check win and have collected 8 of 10 possible points over the last 5 to stay in the dance card hunt.

I’ll just share the below screen shot which illustrates how big of a game this is. As good as they have been at scraping points together the past week, none of it matters if they can’t win these games to stay with the pack,

I’m at the game tonight and looking forward to some Friday night lights!

Go Oil!

[Image: bdf0e147fa1f55e4f328b12299fd04eb.jpg]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks given by:
Some days, as hard as it is to imagine, I hate Minnesota almost as much as Calgary and Vancouver.

Tonight's the night for a crushing victory. One that gets the coach fired, the goalie sent to the minors, and players traded. I want the Oilers fans chanting "make it 10" midway through the first, and disgusted wives of Wild players filing for divorce because they are so ashamed of their husbands.

Or at least a grinding 2-1 win.
"Hope is not a strategy"
Thanks given by:
Will be interesting to see how Zykov and Marody get slotted in tonight.

I really think they need to move Chiasson off that top line - I think he should be on a line with Drai away from McDavid - even a second line of Nuge/Drai/Chiasson would work for me.

There isn't much left for "top line wingers" but I'd be fine moving Rattie back up to 1RW - shit, give Zykov a chance at 1LW - I imagine Hitch will start him lower in the lineup.

With all that said, I anticipate the top two lines to mirror what they were last game (although coach may due a Chiasson for Rattie switch as I think we saw that late in the game).

I have no idea who starts in goal - I'd go with Koskinen but could see coach going with either.
Thanks given by:
Backlund got flattened last night hard by Dumba. I thought it was a great hit. Coach thought not and I guess you are not supposed to hit anyone in the last 2 minutes of a game. 
Koivu took a  knee last night and may not play tonight. 
Should be quite a trapping and grinding type of game tonight.

Go Oil
Thanks given by:
I may be at the game, too. It'll be my first game since the New Years Eve fiasco against the Jets last season.

Though, I will definitely be at the game Sunday, which I cannot wait for!
Thanks given by:
Goin to my 1st game of the season tonight, got invited to our banks luxury suite

Go Oil!
Thanks given by:
Perhaps it is out of mercy but Minny games are blacked out for me.

Guess I’ll have to see if there is a fresh coat of paint somewhere for me to watch for 3 hours instead.

Go Oil!
When you have, share. When you can, do. When you need, ask. Celebrate everything!
Thanks given by:
As per Reid Wilkins:

Draisaitl-McDavid-Chiasson
Khaira-RNH-Puljujarvi
Zykov-Spooner-Rattie
Lucic-Brodziak-Kassian

Oilers expected line combos for tonight against the Wild.

Klefbom-Larrson
Nurse-Russell
Gravel-Benning

Talbot probable starter in net.
Thanks given by:
Just doesn't make sense to me the keep Drai with McDavid if they aren't producing at 5 on 5 - which they haven't for about 4 games now.

With that said, their non-production at 5 on 5 lines up with when Chiasson was added to the line and, more than anything, I think its important to have him moved off - I see Rattie replacing him during the game if that line isn't "going".
Thanks given by:
Talbot confirmed starter tonight and Koskinen on Sunday vs. Calgary.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 01:20 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Talbot confirmed starter tonight and Koskinen on Sunday vs. Calgary.

I don't like that. Koskinen has wrestled away the #1 job. Talbot having 1 good game doesn't mean he should get back to back starts with Koskinen playing so well. Hitch better not hesitate to yank him if he reverts back to the old Talbot tonight

On another note, why isn't Koskinen considered a rookie? Panarin was a few years ago
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 01:52 PM)CTS Wrote:
(2018-12-07, 01:20 PM)Pouzar Wrote: Talbot confirmed starter tonight and Koskinen on Sunday vs. Calgary.

I don't like that.  Koskinen has wrestled away the #1 job.  Talbot having 1 good game doesn't mean he should get back to back starts with Koskinen playing so well.  Hitch better not hesitate to yank him if he reverts back to the old Talbot tonight

On another note,  why isn't Koskinen considered a rookie?  Panarin was a few years ago

Minnesota is playing the second game of a back-to-back and is lower in the standings than Calgary. This is a prototypical game for a back-up. Calgary is the game you would play the goalie you trust more. 

I believe there is still an age limit for rookies and Koskinen has surpassed that age limit.
Thanks given by: CTS
(2018-12-07, 02:36 PM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:

I don't like that.  Koskinen has wrestled away the #1 job.  Talbot having 1 good game doesn't mean he should get back to back starts with Koskinen playing so well.  Hitch better not hesitate to yank him if he reverts back to the old Talbot tonight

On another note,  why isn't Koskinen considered a rookie?  Panarin was a few years ago

Minnesota is playing the second game of a back-to-back and is lower in the standings than Calgary. This is a prototypical game for a back-up. Calgary is the game you would play the goalie you trust more. 

I believe there is still an age limit for rookies and Koskinen has surpassed that age limit.

I'd play my starter in both games because they're not on back to back nights.  Koskinen is perfect at home.  This is a dumb decision.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 02:47 PM)25YearRebuild Wrote:

I'd play my starter in both games because they're not on back to back nights.  Koskinen is perfect at home.  This is a dumb decision.

Who knows why the made the decision. Perhaps Koskinen has been suffering a bit from the flu that’s gone through the room?
Thanks given by:

It's also their 3rd game in 4 nights. It's about as good as it gets in facing a tired team. This one should be an easy Oilers win.
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 11:25 AM)TheOilerFan83 Wrote: I may be at the game, too. It'll be my first game since the New Years Eve fiasco against the Jets last season.

Though, I will definitely be at the game Sunday, which I cannot wait for!

Bring your pillow and blankie... Minny games can cause onset narcolepsy!!!
A leader without followers is just a person taking a walk...
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 02:58 PM)topgun Wrote:

It's also their 3rd game in 4 nights. It's about as good as it gets in facing a tired team. This one should be an easy Oilers win.

These are usually the types of games we lose!
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-07, 03:16 PM)CTS Wrote:
(2018-12-07, 02:58 PM)topgun Wrote:

These are usually the types of games we lose!

Would you shut up!!  You almost had it right last game!!!   Wink

One of these games, you are actually going to be right!!!
A leader without followers is just a person taking a walk...
Thanks given by:
No Koivu for the Wild tonight. Should be an easy win for the Oil
Thanks given by:
There is no such thing.....
Thanks given by: