Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Missing Andersen show
Just how good he is in this league and shows he DOES steal games for the Leafs?  Does this show he could very well be a top 5 goaltender in the League?

Leafs sure are missing this guy. And trading for him just shows Leafs did great on this trade for him. 

He’s better then what ppl give him credit for.
Thanks given by:
The positive is he is getting his rest in and hopefully can stay healthy.

I still believe we can beat Boston in a series
Thanks given by: LordFerg13 , ckendall , ckendall
It does show having a good goalie goes a long way. I just hope all this rest doesn’t take rn into his October’s start every year he’s been with the Leafs.

He’s a huge valuable asset for the Leafs.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 12:05 PM)CuttingEdge Wrote: The positive is he is getting his rest in and hopefully can stay healthy.

I'd feel better about our chances if we have home ice.  Don't want another game 7 in Boston.  With them just 2 points back of us in the standings we'll need Freddy back if we're gonna hold them off.

Thanks given by:
He's an elite tender who'll probably have a Vezina nomination at the end of the year.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
(2019-01-13, 01:13 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote:
(2019-01-13, 12:05 PM)CuttingEdge Wrote: The positive is he is getting his rest in and hopefully can stay healthy.

I'd feel better about our chances if we have home ice.  Don't want another game 7 in Boston.  With them just 2 points back of us in the standings we'll need Freddy back if we're gonna hold them off.

Yeah I agree. Boston is hard enough for this team without the added burden of giving them home ice. As of this point in the season I believe we would have at best a 50/50 chance. But before some here lose their $hit, if we continue to improve as the second half of the season progresses, we will take them as their one line won’t be enough to defeat the scoring machine this team can become.
GREAT TRADE - LAMORIELLO FOR TAVARES 
Thanks given by:
I think he's OK - just OK....   Wink
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 04:55 PM)Viable Wrote: I think he's OK - just OK....   Wink

Randy is that you??
Thanks given by:
Both Sparks and Andersen appear ready to go for tomorrow. One of hutch or sparks will have to be traded or waived
Thanks given by:
I think Hutch can still be sent down without waivers
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 07:04 PM)Wulfgar85 Wrote: Both Sparks and Andersen appear ready to go for tomorrow. One of hutch or sparks will have to be traded or waived

I sure hope Hutch isn't waived. Look what happened when McElhinney was waived and Dubas chose Sparks's underperformance over Mc's overperformance during the preseason. 
Big mistake IMO.  I am liking Hutch a lot more than Garret......just sayin'
Thanks given by:
Didn’t they say last night if Hutch plays one more game, then he’d have to be waived?
Thanks given by:
Hutch needs one more game to require waivers, he’ll be sent down
Don’t blame the butter for what the bread did
Thanks given by: durhamleafer , ckendall
(2019-01-13, 07:04 PM)Wulfgar85 Wrote: Both Sparks and Andersen appear ready to go for tomorrow. One of hutch or sparks will have to be traded or waived
I think Hutch has played 9 games. He can be sent down without waivers. If Anderson and Sparks can't play tomorrow and Hutch plays then he has to go through waivers.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 07:54 PM)eh_prdcanadian Wrote:
I think Hutch has played 9 games. He can be sent down without waivers. If Anderson and Sparks can't play tomorrow and Hutch plays then he has to go through waivers.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

I hope they can hang on to Hutchinson somehow; I remember when Hutchinson played down here in St. John's with the IceCaps( back then when they were Winnipeg's AHL farm team ), they made it all the way to the Calder Cup Final in 2014 and Hutchinson was in goal throughout the playoffs( after taking over as the starter in goal midway through the season when their original No. 1 in goal, Eddie Pasquale, underwent season-ending surgery )and he played outstanding in goal and damn near stood on his head throughout their playoff run that spring. I'm glad to see he's getting another shot in the NHL, this time with the Leafs. Happy Somehow I'd rather have 'Hutch' in the back-up role, he seems better-positioned in goal for the most part compared to Sparks. At least for this season anyhow.
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 05:02 PM)Sportking Wrote:

Randy is that you??

Laugh Laugh
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-13, 01:13 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote:

This season more than ever, home ice is imperative if the Leafs hope to advance beyond 1 round of playoff hockey this year. The B's have given the Buds plenty of headaches of late, but once Andersen gets back in the groove( and hopefully the 3-week layoff somehow benefits Andersen down the stretch where he could avoid tiring at season's end for a change ), hopefully the Buds can hold off the Bruins - or for that matter, Montreal as well - for home-ice to open the playoffs.
Thanks given by:

For a Euro yepp.  Cool
Thanks given by:
(2019-01-14, 02:27 PM)LordFerg13 Wrote:

For a Euro yepp.  Cool

I take it back - he's not OK!!  Sad

Laugh
"Stand up for yourself young fellow. Nobody else is going to do it for you" 
Thanks given by: LordFerg13
Laugh