Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Monday Blues - Game #17
Nothing like scoring 5 goals in the 3rd to put it away. I could learn to like that.
“Don’t mistake our civility for weakness. You do so at your own peril.” - M. Myers
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Nanuuk
Wanna bet he gets chirped about that in the dressing room?
Good Judgement comes from Experience which comes from Bad Judgement - Harry Neale
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4
(2017-11-13, 11:39 PM)FlameFilosi4 Wrote:
(2017-11-13, 11:30 PM)Nanuuk Wrote: Kulak has been a stud tonight.

Steady. Handled the puck really well.

Kulak and Giordano were both solid tonight
The rest of the defense were really up and down through the game
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by:
Second game of the season I was able to watch the whole game. Impressed with the third line.
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , Nanuuk , Nanuuk , Bully
That third line was spectacular all night long! Probably not a better game for little Reg to see for pure entertainment factor. Every forward with a point? (Lazy ass Monahan) still need the D to tighten up a little bit, but we have turned the corner I feel! This Roadie is a nice test! Saturday morning in Philly, what are the chances the wife will let me...1st find the game...and 2nd eat Breakfast while watching the game all while the Vegas strip is right outside the door??? ?????
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Suity , Bully
A very eventful game -

Mike Smith hurt! 
Jankowski's first multi-goal game. 10/14 in faceoffs.
Bennett gets a goal and 2 points
Gaudreau keeps his scoring streak alive
Ferland scores again
Lack makes a big save and gets the win
4th liners Steeg, Brouwer, Lazar all in on the winning goal.
10 days ago the Flames were 31st in the league in goals per game.
With 21 goals in their last 4 games the Flames are now 16th.
The 3M line had all their starts in the D-zone. They outshot the Blues 11-4

[Image: tumblr_oze41rOlIS1u1htblo1_540.gif]
......or some other F word  Icon_rolleyes
“Don’t mistake our civility for weakness. You do so at your own peril.” - M. Myers
Thanks given by: Beerisfood , Nanuuk
Not going to lie. I hate playing St. Louis.
Steen, Stastny, Tarasenko, amoung others are all usually FLAME killers.
I feel more confident going through California playing three games in four nights then I do one game against the Blues.

...but I have to say, they played really good last night.
Great to see Bennett "finally" get one. Hopefully the flood gates have opened.
Janks... ever bought a house before kid? because you are going to have to. Hope you didn't leave anything in Stockton.
Jagr - took a bit, but this is the Jagr I was hoping for when we signed him. Still getting it done on the ice, but even more importantly still being a mentor to the youngen's.
Goo - Well, the'll sell you the whole seat, but you are only going to need the edge.
Ferland - looks confident playing up on the top line. Showing he can create room for others but also that his hands aren't to be overlooked.
3M line - what can I say that hasn't been said before...
Lazar - keep him right where he is. I really do think his game is rounding into form. He may only ever be our fourth line center, but that is okay as we need to be a team that can roll four lines every night.
Brouwer - Yes, even Brouwer deserves some praise here, which is tough for me but I have noticed him in the last couple of games being physical. Much needed. Just keep him off the pp please.
Steeg... nice goal and hit last night. Keep that up.
Monahan - well since he is probably still getting it from the guys in the room about being the only forward to not get a point last night... just keep quietly doing what you are doing. Nobody outside of Calgary needs to know how good you are.

Smith - worst trade ever. Junk. washed up Arizona throw away. Bryzgalov 2.0 here we come <-- all things I said when the trade was announced. I am quite happy to admit I was wrong here. This guy is a competitor and despite what I typed above he is our MVP so far this season. Without him, this forum would have already imploded firing the coach and gm and traded away all of these guys we have had the luxury of being patient with.

We jumped the canucks with that win last night which went pretty much unnoticed, much like everything the canucks do.
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , Nanuuk , Suity
Kristen Odland:
For those wondering, #Flames do not practice and just flap their wings to Detroit for tomorrow's game. Report from #Flames GM Brad Treliving this AM was that Mike Smith "probably" will travel.

[Image: tumblr_oze6ay6U801u1htblo1_540.gif]
Thanks given by: Nanuuk , Suity , KNilsson14
In response to Beerisfood

2 games in a row.., Brouwer has been right there when the opposition went after the Flames goalie.  Apparently, Abdelkader needed some work done on his face after that beat down.  He hasn't been contributing much on offense this year, but his defensive game has been strong.  Also, he still seems to be wearing an A.

There are some teams where he might still be a 2nd or 3rd line forward (depending on chemistry).  The Flames right now are lucky to have guys like Brouwer and Versteeg filling in 4th line spots.
"What's the first thing a lion does after he wakes up?" Badger Bob Johnson
"He licks his balls" Kent Nilsson
Thanks given by:
I agree KN, salary aside there must be something more we don't see to have him wearing the A. Defensively he's been pretty solid, and sticking up for teammates in the last few has been pretty great as well...
Thanks given by:
(2017-11-14, 09:37 PM)KNilsson14 Wrote: In response to Beerisfood

2 games in a row.., Brouwer has been right there when the opposition went after the Flames goalie.  Apparently, Abdelkader needed some work done on his face after that beat down.  He hasn't been contributing much on offense this year, but his defensive game has been strong.  Also, he still seems to be wearing an A.

There are some teams where he might still be a 2nd or 3rd line forward (depending on chemistry).  The Flames right now are lucky to have guys like Brouwer and Versteeg filling in 4th line spots.

Ummm... maybe it is just me but are you agreeing with me here or trying to point out the good physical play I just finished praising him for???
because I did say exactly that... Brouwer deserves some praise for his physical play lately.

That being said, he still has no business being on our powerplay. First or second.
Thanks given by: FlameFilosi4 , FlameFilosi4
Brouwer has been playing better of late and has been good defensively. I noticed that as soon as Stajan took to the press box. I would say we could get the same game out of Hathaway though at a fraction of the cost with more speed.
Good Judgement comes from Experience which comes from Bad Judgement - Harry Neale
Thanks given by: