Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morales
Forget Vlad Jr., at this point, Vlad Sr. might be a better option than Morales lol.

Hell, Joey Bats is putting up better numbers than Morales.

The Blue Jays are paying this guy what? 11mill a year? yikes.

Thanks given by:
In the grand scheme $11 million is really not much. But Morales has been astoundingly bad this year.
Thanks given by:
Looks to me like the giant spike in ground ball rate is mostly fuelling his crappiness. With his lack of speed and the fact he gets shifted on a lot, that's a recipe for balls turning into outs. He's gotten a bit unlucky too, as his babip on flies and liners is below his career average, so I don't think Morales is this bad. But he's not great. Contract or not, he shouldn't be in the lineup every day. Especially when kids like Urena or Gurriel could use major league at bats.

I mean the Jays got better hitting out of the pitcher's spot in an NL park this week, that should tell us something lol.
Thanks given by:
I read an article on The Athletic last night (its was mainly about Vlad Junior) that references Morales having the 13th highest exit velocity in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks given by:
(Yesterday, 08:47 AM)Pouzar Wrote: I read an article on The Athletic last night (its was mainly about Vlad Junior) that references Morales having the 13th highest exit velocity in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You mean like when he exits the clubhouse after a game?

Out of curiousty I took a look at what Encarnacion has been up to, and he's not having a good season either. 10 home runs, but otherwise terrible.

He usually heats up in June/July so we'll see if he's on the decline or just off to a slow start.
Thanks given by: