Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More delays for Lebreton?
https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new...1542904601

Hmmm, didn't realize someone can out-red-tape the NCC.
Thanks given by:
Translation:

Trinity: we can’t work with this Melnyk lunatic.

Looks like his LeBreton deal is crumbling. Could this be the last straw that finally convinces him to sell?
If this deal falls through, my support putting up with Melnyk is over!!!
That simple...
Thanks given by:
When he finally sells, I will be back, yes attend games live and be proud to wear Sens gear!
Thanks given by:
you better hope Lebreton gets done, because I think that is Melnyk's plan. Pump up the value of the franchise and then sell high.
Guess what? I got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell!
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-22, 03:32 PM)venison_casserole Wrote: you better hope Lebreton gets done, because I think that is Melnyk's plan. Pump up the value of the franchise and then sell high.

What's he gonna do if Lebreton doesn't happen? Keep bleeding money in Kanata?

If the deal falls through, you think the BOG would not see Melnyk as the one that bungled the opportunity for a downtown arena?
Thanks given by:
Sounds like Melnyk doesn’t want to pay a dime for the arena.

I think Melnyk is the small fish in the fish bowl and does not know his place. His giant ego makes him believe he is the main guy however he is so financially strapped he is more of a liability. I have heard some rumors in regard to his refinancing deals and losing out on this bid or not getting his way in the deal may result in Melnyk being sunk financially.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-23, 11:53 AM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Sounds like Melnyk doesn’t want to pay a dime for the arena.

I think Melnyk is the small fish in the fish bowl and does not know his place. His giant ego makes him believe he is the main guy however he is so financially strapped he is more of a liability. I have heard some rumors in regard to his refinancing deals and losing out on this bid or not getting his way in the deal may result in Melnyk being sunk financially.

Well, now's he's desperate enough for lawsuits.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/e...7f01a2a6f7
Thanks given by:
Lol Melnyk is a joke. That 900 Albert development has been in the works for years, I don’t see how he has a leg to stand on. And it is a separate property all together, how would Trinity not have a right to develop their land? And $700M? He is super desperate it would seem.
Thanks given by:
The only thing Melnyk thinks he has is the threat of moving the Sens if things don't go his way. He'll try it, the BOG will step in and prevent it and then he'll be forced to sell the team to a more competent owner.
Thanks given by:
Trump playbook.

Have no money. Bluff your way into a position of power. When it's time to pay up and people realize you don't have the cash, start suing.
Thanks given by: ckendall
(2018-11-23, 03:09 PM)andreroy Wrote: Trump playbook.

Have no money. Bluff your way into a position of power. When it's time to pay up and people realize you don't have the cash, start suing.

The lawsuit was his endgame? Icon_mrgreen

He knew he didn't have any $$$ going into the bid, then after 4 years, the house of cards crumbles and here is his chance to make a cash grab in court.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA everything he gets involved with turns into shit. Now I hear the troll bots are back on twitter?
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-23, 03:09 PM)andreroy Wrote: Trump playbook.

Probably could've taken a page out of John Spano's playbook as well.
Thanks given by:
Just think about this for a bit...

Ruddy is building a condo (which I hear was approved back in 2013, changed design earlier this year?) in 900 Albert.

And he also wants to build condos at Lebreton flats. Now Melnyk want to claim conflict of interest because Ruddy somehow wants his Lebreton condos to fail and only make money for the Albert location?

Crybaby wants to sue because he doesn't have a piece of the Albert pie, which he knew was there BEFORE day 1 of the bid on Lebreton.

A 700 million lawsuit doesn't happen overnight, it requires time and planning. I think AR is right --> No $$ to actually build anything, then sue when people call on you to deliver.
Thanks given by:
http://www.lebretonflatsfacts.com/

Disclaimer at the bottom of page:
None of the allegations referenced have been proven in court.
Capital Sports Management Inc.

So these are facts... that have yet to be proven...
Thanks given by:
So I guess it’s time to accept that either Melnyk sells, or this team is as good as gone. No way a move downtown happens under this jack ass.
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-25, 08:11 PM)Heisenberg Wrote: So I guess it’s time to accept that either Melnyk sells, or this team is as good as gone.  No way a move downtown happens under this jack ass.

Ottawa is a viable market, not a big one like Toronto or New York, but a viable one.

Bettman and BOG know a downtown arena can only mean good things for the league.

Think about this, given Melnyk's track record, IF he somehow is able to obtain money for relocation fees and there's another city actually willing to foot the bill on an arena, what are the chances the relocated team will work out? He's just going to wear out the good will of the city and piss everyone off.

I would think the league is likely going to force a sale to local buyers (we know for a fact there was at least 1 offer made), before they give this goofball another shot in another city.
Thanks given by:
The league would have to have a really really good reason to allow a Canadian team with 25+ years of history, above average on ice success and being in close proximity to two of the biggest markets in the NHL to just relocate.
Thanks given by: FashionPolice , FashionPolice
Ryu65 Wrote:The league would have to have a really really good reason to allow a Canadian team with 25+ years of history, above average on ice success and being in close proximity to two of the biggest markets in the NHL to just relocate.

Especially since they have fought tooth and nail to keep teams in non-traditional markets (Coyotes and Panthers).
Thanks given by:
They didn't appear to fight too hard for Atlanta though
Thanks given by: