Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More delays for Lebreton?
Zibi is the same long term game as LeBreton, but I believe they have been intentionally capping sales at this point (likely so they can charge more per unit down the road as they become closer to completion).

Zibi doesn’t have the same funding challenges as LeBreton if I am not mistaken, thus less need for the upfront cash flow.
Thanks given by:
Yeah there's no $800M arena to build
Thanks given by:
Exactly. The situations are not comparable.

Zibi and Trinity would be however.
Thanks given by:
Zibi set out to sell 100 condos per year since 2015. In total they have sold 117 and only 25 in the last 12 months. The fact that they are selling at a snails pace is probably a good indicator that other developments in the area are not going to be selling like hot cakes.
Thanks given by:
Their price point is probably in the wrong stratosphere
Thanks given by:
(2018-11-29, 12:00 PM)Nuclearsun Wrote: Zibi set out to sell 100 condos per year since 2015. In total they have sold 117 and only 25 in the last 12 months. The fact that they are selling at a snails pace is probably a good indicator that other developments in the area are not going to be selling like hot cakes.

Yeah that doesn’t sound great at all. But people could well be waiting on the other 2 near by developments to be released.

I know personally speaking that would be my 3rd choice out of the 3 developments in close proximity to each other. Its the least accessible to LRT and it’s on an island where traffic is already a nightmare BEFORE anyone is even living on it.  I wonder how horrible traffic will be once a few thousand people live there.  No thanks. Looking forward to visiting the development for bars and stuff though. That should be a cool atmosphere with Chaudiere falls and everything.
Thanks given by:
oh crap, good point on increased traffic on chaudierre bridge. I don't know why that hadn't occured to me until now. I cross that bridge every morning.
Thanks given by:
Devcore to Melnyk: S*&t or get off the pot....

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2...ately.html

OTTAWA, Dec. 02, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The founding partner of the DCDLS Group (“DCDLS”) announced today that they are ready to assume the responsibility of the re- development of LeBreton Flats effective January 24, 2019 upon the official dissolution of the RendezVous LeBreton/NCC negotiations, if not sooner.

“Our team has the expertise, experience and the financial resources that are necessary to deliver a World Class Project on behalf of the citizens of Ottawa and all Canadians, working together with the National Capital Commission (“NCC”), and the City of Ottawa,” said Jean- Pierre Poulin, President of DEVCORE Group.

“We seek to celebrate the National Capital Region and Canada, and our objective remains to deliver a public development on LeBreton Flats that every Canadian can truly be proud of. Ottawan’s deserve better and so do Canadians”

“We are confident that our vision, tempered by the recent work of the NCC and the City will be embraced by all. With respect to hockey, the National Winter Sport of Canada, we will still include a portion of land adjacent to the LRT station reserved for the exclusive construction of an NHL arena. We do not believe Ottawa or Canada should be held hostage one day longer,” said Mr. Poulin.

DCDLS reached out to the NCC last week to acknowledge and confirm our status and involvement and we await their timely response.

Jean-Pierre (JP) Poulin
President DEVCORE Group

Love it. A few different shots at the Euge in there. #MelnkyOut just got kicked up a notch with this nice little shot across the bow, showing that there are others still willing and able to develop LeBreton, and that those plans still include a new arena. Its almost like they are trying to do some sort of hostile takeover of the Sens!
Well, Melnyk bought the team for pennies on the dollar. kudos to him for taking advantage of the situation, but that usually means somebody gets screwed in the process (hey it's business, nothing personal).

Now Devcore is taking advantage of a situation, it just happens Melnyk is getting screwed.
Thanks given by:
Just sell the team already Melnyk, I cant wait until this team had an ownership group without a face, but just a name.
Thanks given by:
You lot are have stronger mental fortitude then me. I'm not even bothering to try and understand what's happening with Melnynk. Makes it harder for me to enjoy what little success we've had on ice
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by: leftcurve , leftcurve
This project goes way deeper than just the Sens. This doofus is now holding up the development of what is by far the cities most attractive parcel of undeveloped land.
Thanks given by:
He's so damn lucky he needed that liver years ago and not this year.
Thanks given by:
Yup. He’s now managed to piss off residents of the city who don’t give 2 craps about the Sens, the NHL, or hockey in general.

The sheer amount of people in this city he has been able to piss off/alienate has been pretty impressive!
Thanks given by:
As expected:

Melnyk gets counter-sued for 1 Billion dollars

[Image: Drevil_million_dollars.jpg]
Thanks given by: FashionPolice , ckendall
Well, you had to know the counter-suit was coming....

Please Ruddy just bankrupt el cheapo and take the team away from him.
Thanks given by:
Well it might happen sooner than you think....from the same article above:

Quote:.....According to the countersuit, "CSMI's and Melnyk's true aim is to have the City of Ottawa or Trinity fund and build the $500 million event centre for the Ottawa Senators hockey team, with the Senators getting 30 years' free rent. CSMI also wants the valuable naming rights and an unreasonable degree of control over the Lebreton project."

Trinity's counterclaim also alleges Melnyk is unable to pay his bills to get the Lebreton plan going. According to court documents filed Tuesday, "CSMI has neglected or evaded its financial obligations... It is fair to infer that CSMI is not financially sound."......
Thanks given by:
https://twitter.com/ian_mendes/status/10...7861343232

"I just don't want to pay for the arena that I want to use, what's the big deal here? Why is Ruddy insisting that I have to put my own money into this thing? Life is so unfair for me! Everyone should be paying my bills and take the fall for my blunders!"
Thanks given by:
Wow. He’s even more dillusional than I thought.

So basically pay for my arena and you can keep all profits from the other properties that you also paid for.

Yeah Eugene, I’m sure that’s going to fly. What a dink. But this was likely his play all along...and confirms he really is broke.
Thanks given by:
I really hope all of this basically forces him to just sell the team, make back his money and just leave us the F alone.
Thanks given by: