Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More delays for Lebreton?
(2018-12-18, 05:38 PM)Heisenberg Wrote: Wow. He’s even more dillusional than I thought.

So basically pay for my arena and you can keep all profits from the other properties that you also paid for.

Yeah Eugene, I’m sure that’s going to fly.  What a dink.  But this was likely his play all along...and confirms he really is broke.

It's more likely he has his stash in Barbados, but can't spend it here because Revenue Canada will be on him like a dirty shirt.

Has a problem paying Canadian taxes but no qualms about using the Canadian health care system to get a liver.

UPDATE: Trinity's reply to Melnyk's latest offer.
https://twitter.com/ian_mendes/status/10...1005210630

"So you want me to pay for arena, then gift it to you for 30 years along with the profits from it? Go F yourself cheapass D-bag!"
Thanks given by:
From CBC News:NCC pulls plug on RendezVous LeBreton deal
Thanks given by:
(2018-12-19, 06:02 PM)Sensemilla Wrote: From CBC News:NCC pulls plug on RendezVous LeBreton deal

I'm not even mad... comfortably numb since I started boycotting Melnyk's ownership.

Everything he is involved with turns into excrement without fail...
Thanks given by:
Absolutely brutal, such a shame because that downtown arena is needed and it was going to look so damn nice too.
Thanks given by:
I can picture melnyk scurrying to devcore to partner up for a new proposal.

Even a red-tape-saddled agency like the NCC should know by now about trusting Melnyk.
Thanks given by:
Not at all surprising as they need to give 39 days notice before their meeting on the 24th. In esssnse this gives Melnyk 30 days to get his shit together if he wants to save it. But that is highly unlikely and if they go out for another RFP that’s liken 2 lost years.

Thanks Eugene.
Thanks given by:
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/re...-1.4966041

Apparently, previous mediation in July 2016 failed. So yeah, Melnyk does turn everything to shit.
Thanks given by:
Mediator asking for more time.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-new...1547475803

Please NCC just say no, they already had plenty of time to get things going but decided to piss it away.
Thanks given by:
Deadline extended until Feb 28. For some reason the NCC is going to let this clown delay things even further. Should have just cut bait, hard to believe there will be any outcome other than failure.
Thanks given by:
sigh... it's like they are trying to outdo each other in levels of red tape.

"So Melnyk thinks he can drag things on does he? Well he ain't got nothing on us! We are the NCC, nobody beats us in dragging things out! NOBODY!"
Thanks given by:
Seems the Devcore has been involved in this round, which is a pretty interesting development. Praying to god that this round includes negotiations surrounding the sale of the team...
Thanks given by:
Even more intriguing: one of the Devcore partners, the Mierens family, has apparently just recently sold of the majority of the dealerships in its auto sales empire. They are increasing their liquidity for something...like say partial ownership of an NHL franchise?
Thanks given by:
Mierens have hundreds of millions? Please just let them buy majority share.
Thanks given by:
Well, I’m sure the other 2 Billioniares in Devcore would form owenership majority, and there wouldn’t be as many indicators that something is happening with them as they likely wouldn’t need to liquidate assets to come up with their slice of the pie, but the fact that one of the smaller parters in the venture are making some serious structural changes to their existing business definitely raises some eyebrows and piques curiosity on what may be taking place behind closed doors.

But I seriously doubt (and hope) that they would not be the majority owners. Their pockets are not deep enough, just like Melnyk and Bryden before him. Well, today’s post divorce/empire crumbling Melnyk anyways. The NHL is no longer a millionaires club, we need Billionaires now.
Thanks given by:
Agreed, I don't want a "family" or lone owner owning this team anymore doesn't matter how rich. We need a group that can come in and support this team for the next 100 years without anymore complaints about ticket sales and budget problems.
Thanks given by: