Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Movie Reviews
I saw Fury last Friday. Solid war movie and superb acting from the leads.
Thanks given by:
(2014-10-07, 12:48 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: do a movie called Life. make it a trilogy.

you can have it about a boy from birth to 18.. sequal 19 to 54 and then the 3rd movie from 55 to his death.

Actually there is a movie called Boyhood that just came out that took 12 years to shoot and is about a boy from the age of 5 to 18. Same cast for the 12 years. Never saw it, but it looks interesting.
Thanks given by:
Watched an old one on Netflix this morning... Faceoff with Travolta and Cage. One of the worst films I've ever seen and I was shocked to see it with a respectable 7.3 rating on imdb.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
haha.. my friend and I laughed out loud in the theatre for faceoff when they literally took the facial skin off one guy and put it on the other.. completely ignoring bone structure, etc.

Its shocking how many people loved that movie.
Thanks given by:
Faceoff's so bad its entertaining. Travolta and Cage trying to imitate the other guy is just so awesome.

Thanks given by:
Saw Interstellar yesterday.. One of the best stand alone films Ive seen. McConnaughy was excellent, the score, plot, plot surprises, the scope/boldness, the themes, special effects, etc. All were great.

Like many other Nolan films, it was visually stunning. But it was also much stronger emotionally than his previous films.
Thanks given by:
Thanks, tml, really curious about interstellar and if I should sit in a theatre for 3 hours watching it or not.

Watched 'Chef' last night. Solid dramedy.
Thanks given by:
can't wait to see interstellar.

chef was a great time. really like jon favreau although hated his character for the most part. and the damn tweets polluting the screen got so annoying. otherwise pretty solid and enjoyable movie. don't watch on an empty stomach!
Thanks given by:
Just like to point out that Interstellar was shot on super 35mm and 65mm for those who think digital is superior. :-)

Just sayin'

Check out Gravity and then watch Interstellar. :-) :-) :-)

Pleather is nice but sometimes it's nice to go for leather.
Thanks given by:
I watched Guardians of the Galaxy last night. It was fun. I can't remember a single character's name except Star Lord, and I can't even remember his real name, just that nickname. It also had by far the worst villain (whose name I can't remember) in any Marvel movie to date. But I liked how multi-racial it was, with everyone have green or red or blue or purple or yellow skin, so that was cool.
Thanks given by:
Your daughter would probably love that movie or will in a year or two.
Thanks given by:
I watched "Delivery Man" yesterday. I liked it. I thought it had good humor and I like Vince Vaugh and Chris Pratt's comedy "style" so it was an easy one for me to like. The only thing that made me think twice (aside from the main plot and how it could have even happened) is that he seems to drop everything and only concentrate on these kids. We get really no inclination if he went to work or even seen his girl friend (which is a big part of the movie...and the screen should have seen more Colbie Smothers!) in about a 3-4 week span (or more). Other than that it was good.
Thanks given by:
Actually about 30 mins into the movie, during the prison escape and the somewhat surprising amount of violence, my wife said "For some reason I thought this was more of a kids' movie."
Thanks given by:
Habfan, you should see the original Quebec movie, Starbuck, it's based on a true story and a better film.
Thanks given by:
Watched interstellar last week was great. Still thinking about it. Seeing it again on wens in imax. had to get our tickets almost a week in advance ! Can't wait to see some of the scenes in all there imax glory Grin

Haven't seen a film with reviews so all over the place in quite some time but it's got people talking which is good I guess. Tho some peoples/critics complaints with it are so trivial its kinda annoying lol slap a different directors name on it and I don't think you see nearly as much hate or "controversy" that its received. But Nolans become a pretty polarizing name thanks to the batman trilogy.

Planning on seeing Nightcrawler tomorrow as well... Too many films this time of year lol
Thanks given by:
Saw interstellar last night. pretty good, typical Nolan. I find his movies good but too heavy handed. It was a lot to absorb and a lot of cool ideas. Amazingly cool visuals, definitely a theatre movie. McConaghey was great as usual, and some seriously surprising casting choices that I was not expecting at all (in a good way).
Thanks given by:
Man.... Imax Interstellar 70mm Love

....awesome.
Thanks given by:
Just saw Interstellar. It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long time. I was so impressed with the acting and the storyline, and one of the less talked about features of the movie, the score. The music added so much to the story.
 'The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.'
Thanks given by:
Saw interstellar.... loved it except for the twist.. that was a bit weird...

Saw the new Hunger Games yesterday... giving it a 7,5-8... decent story line... and well.. Jennifer Lawrence Happy
Thanks given by:
John Wick...not a bad movie...perhaps a touch more violent than I thought it was gonna be..and it wasn't the right movie for my wife to see (she was very uncomfortable at one of the scenes, and almost left the movie)

easy theme...man out for revenge...kicks a lot of ass.

I'll give it a 7 out of 10
Thanks given by: