Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Movie Reviews
Oh man can't wait for that spider man sequel, looks so awesome. Just re-watched the first one last night and it still entertains like hell. Super excited for mysterio too
Thanks given by:
(Today, 12:46 AM)cflisthebest Wrote: A Quiet place.  How stupid,

The fact that it takes a deaf girl to figure it out? And not the world's smartest people or military?

Way too far fetched

The whole concept is far fetched but I still enjoyed it..apparently there is a sequel in the works..
º¤ø ¸„ø¤GO HABS GOø¤º°¨¨¨°º¤
Weed Wacker – and Flamethrower Grandma Smurf

Thanks given by:

The fact that it takes a deaf girl to figure it out? And not the world's smartest people or military?

Way too far fetched

The military is probably dead because, you know, guns make sound.
Thanks given by:
(3 hours ago)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:

Way too far fetched

but they couldnt have figured out that high pitched noises disturbs them?  if a deaf girl could get it, some smart scientist could have.
cfl
Thanks given by:
(2 hours ago)cflisthebest Wrote:

Way too far fetched

but they couldnt have figured out that high pitched noises disturbs them?  if a deaf girl could get it, some smart scientist could have.
I thought she stumbled on it when trying out one of the new pieces her dad made..her dad was working on making better hearing aids not trying to figure out what sound they didn't like...and what military?

Thanks given by:

Way too far fetched

I’m not sure a smart person would say to themselves ‘hey these things are attracted to noise. Let’s see how they respond to higher noise.’ 

The deaf girl didnt kidnap aliens and test different frequencies on them. She stumbled upon the impact of high frequency because of a faulty cochlear implant. 

You don’t know what’s going on outside this family’s existence. This is a story about one family, not greater humanity’s resolve. 

This is a movie that recieved positive feedback, though, so I understand you are going to look for reasons to dislike it.
Thanks given by:

Way too far fetched

Did you watch the movie?
Thanks given by:
(1 hour ago)TheOilerFan83 Wrote:

Way too far fetched

I’m not sure a smart person would say to themselves ‘hey these things are attracted to noise. Let’s see how they respond to higher noise.’ 

The deaf girl didnt kidnap aliens and test different frequencies on them. She stumbled upon the impact of high frequency because of a faulty cochlear implant. 

You don’t know what’s going on outside this family’s existence. This is a story about one family, not greater humanity’s resolve. 

This is a movie that recieved positive feedback, though, so I understand you are going to look for reasons to dislike it.

Well it's just that I found it hard to believe that the military when these things first came never figured out their weakness?  

The movie would have been better if instead of humans being helpless against them that they were giving a good fight but were losing and just needed a clue to defeat them.

Plus the writers made it like every other movie, nearly impossible to stop, 

Plus all the moving they made in the house would have made more than enough noise to attract them.  Just too far fetched
cfl
Thanks given by:
(1 hour ago)Stevie_Y Wrote:

Way too far fetched

Did you watch the movie?

Of course I did.  Just found the whole idea a stretch, how come nobody had already figured out how you get a monster with extremely sensitive hearing to run off.  

No different than a dog, high pitched noises irritate a dog right?  So maybe just maybe it would do the same to these things??
cfl
Thanks given by:
(1 hour ago)cflisthebest Wrote:
(1 hour ago)Stevie_Y Wrote:

Way too far fetched

Did you watch the movie?

Of course I did.  Just found the whole idea a stretch, how come nobody had already figured out how you get a monster with extremely sensitive hearing to run off.  

No different than a dog, high pitched noises irritate a dog right?  So maybe just maybe it would do the same to these things??

How do you know others hadn't 'figured it out'?  

The movie was not about how the world was going to defeat these monsters.  It was about one specific family and what they were going through.
Thanks given by:

Way too far fetched

Well it's just that I found it hard to believe that the military when these things first came never figured out their weakness?  

The movie would have been better if instead of humans being helpless against them that they were giving a good fight but were losing and just needed a clue to defeat them.

So you wanted to watch a remake of Independence Day?
Thanks given by:
How come you always complain about movie studios not trying new things then, when they do, you complain because the movie didn’t follow a standard script?
Thanks given by:

Way too far fetched

Plus the writers made it like every other movie, nearly impossible to stop, 

Plus all the moving they made in the house would have made more than enough noise to attract them.  Just too far fetched
all the movement was calculated..the stairs were marked with footprints as to where they could step without making noise. They were barefoot..the room they were building was soundproofed and had a mattress over the top..they moved around without making noise..

Thanks given by: