Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Movie Reviews
Saw Pet Sememtary last nigh.

Meh.
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-06, 01:35 PM)Chris D Wrote: I liked Equalizer as well.

Apparently the sequel...not so good.

Sequel is junk.....Avoid
Thanks given by:
(2019-04-13, 08:08 AM)Limestoner Wrote: Saw Pet Sememtary last nigh.

Meh.

I watched it yesterday. Thought it was an enjoyable movie, but certainly wasn't "wowed". I thought the pacing was a little bit off, and I personally never really felt the dread of the land of the undead. The movie could have used an extra 20-30 minutes to build the tension for sure. It relied too heavily on cheap jump scares.

The book is obviously better.
Thanks given by:
Watched Venom and thought it was pretty bad.

The CGI was awful, none of the characters were at all likeable, and the dialogue/attempts at humour were pretty cringe-worthy. I love the comic book character, but I'm glad I didn't pay money for this in theatres.
Thanks given by:
Saw How to Train Your Dragon, finally realized what the hype was about. Very enjoyable and wholesome film. 9/10 for me and can't wait to watch the sequels
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
The show I’m working on just cast the voice of Archer. I normally don’t get excited for cast, but can’t wait to meet this one.
Thanks given by: Bully
(2019-05-11, 05:59 AM)bicboi Wrote: Saw How to Train Your Dragon, finally realized what the hype was about. Very enjoyable and wholesome film. 9/10 for me and can't wait to watch the sequels

it is a very good trilogy.

saw the 3rd one a little while back, and enjoyed it a lot.
Thanks given by:
Late to the party, but finally watched Get Out last night.

Two thumbs up!
"I drink to make other people interesting"
~ E. Hemmingway
Thanks given by:
Saw the Pikachu movie. It was kinda cheesy, but it's a kids movie so whatever. Thought they did a good job of making it enjoyable in a nostalgic way for people who grew up with it, like myself.
Thanks given by:
Watches the Purge 2. Wish I had seen it sooner. Not as tense as the first one but this one had more action and more likeable characters (even if Lena Headey wasn't there!)
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
Judging by the reviews John Wick 3 was amazing.

Wife and I saw it tonight and we both loved the first two especially her. In fact it's probably her fav movie franchise. Well we watched number 3 tonight and we both didn't like it. Felt like it dragged on forever and we were both ready to leave 3 quarters through. Don't get me wrong it has some amazing action sequences but I don't feel its anywhere close to the first two.
Thanks given by:
Ya new John Wick was a little disappointing. It's basically just a 2+ hour long fight

Non stop action from start to finish, but little else. I actually thought I was gonna fall asleep in the theater
Thanks given by: Sportking