Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Movie Reviews
(2017-06-24, 12:37 PM)shadylane Wrote: I believe both movies are on Netflix but not sure if that includes the Canadian version of the service. Bronson was directed by Nicolas Winding Refn, who I am absolutely obsessed with. So if you like that one, I would recommend looking into others he's directed.

The only one of Refn's movies I have seen, is Drive...and that was amazing.
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-24, 12:19 PM)shadylane Wrote: I watched the new Fast & Furious movie and I don't know why. That was awful even for the low standard set by previous ones. Why are there so many flying cars?? Apparently when those people get behind the wheel, the laws of physics no longer apply.

Hey bic, speaking of Tom Hardy, have you seen Locke or Bronson? Probably my two favourite performances from him. Hardy has turned into one of my top 3 favourites. Locke is a pretty unique premise, and executed very well I thought. Bronson is more bizarre and had a Clockwork Orange vibe to it.

Also, The Drop
“Okay, I put just a little meth in there to get them addicted and keep customers coming back. ..so let me make something else clear: I pissed in every bottle.”
Thanks given by:
(2017-06-24, 12:05 PM)Chris D Wrote:
(2017-06-23, 11:33 PM)cflisthebest Wrote: Looking like the latest Transformers movie is going to crash and burn

Only made 8.1 million Thursday.   So it might make 30 m this weekend.  Hopefully it can finally kill this franchise

It's killing outside of the states though...crushing in China, in particular

There will be more coming..including a Bumblebee spin-off set in the 80s...and he is supposed to be a VW beetle again.

turns out it was tops for the weekend...beating out Wonder Woman, and Cars 3....taking over 45 mil for the weekend. 69 mil for thursday to sun 5 day opening. 196 mil overseas.

lower than they wanted, but still tops.

much to your dismay, we are getting more.
Thanks given by:
I wish they had a film with Rodimus Prime or Unicron, i'm tired of Optimus Prime. I want to see the 4th Transformers so I can see this 5th one but I gave up 20 minutes in.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
(9 hours ago)bicboi Wrote: I wish they had a film with Rodimus Prime or Unicron, i'm tired of Optimus Prime. I want to see the 4th Transformers so I can see this 5th one but I gave up 20 minutes in.

the 4th one may have killed the franchise for me.  I actually liked the first 3...yes...even the 3rd one...

but 4...my god.  so bad.  so long.  be happy you gave up 20 minutes in, because it only got worse from there.

I still may end up seeing this one...but doubt I will pay for it. (unless its like the second movie at the drive in with another movie I would want to see)
Thanks given by:
(9 hours ago)Chris D Wrote:
(9 hours ago)bicboi Wrote: I wish they had a film with Rodimus Prime or Unicron, i'm tired of Optimus Prime. I want to see the 4th Transformers so I can see this 5th one but I gave up 20 minutes in.

the 4th one may have killed the franchise for me.  I actually liked the first 3...yes...even the 3rd one...

but 4...my god.  so bad.  so long.  be happy you gave up 20 minutes in, because it only got worse from there.

I still may end up seeing this one...but doubt I will pay for it. (unless its like the second movie at the drive in with another movie I would want to see)

I think I'll have it in the back as I do chores...buts its 2 hours and 45 minutes thats long and I might have to have video games out too. I enjoyed the first 3 as summer blockbuster flicks with explosions and robots. I just wanted to see how the toys I played with ended up in their film versions.
If you need a sign to stay alive tonight, this is it!
Thanks given by:
finally got around to watching King Arthur...and I LOVED IT!

don't know why it got trashed so much, and it ended up bombing. Different take on the lore...but it was excellently done, and I want a sequel...though it bombing likely means none will come, and we will have to wait until someone else does another take on Arthur a few years down the road.
Thanks given by:
Hell or high water - great flick, I really like Chris Pine.
Thanks given by: