Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.14 Average
Movie Reviews
(2018-07-12, 01:10 AM)Andrew Wrote:
(2018-07-10, 12:15 PM)LeafalCrusader Wrote:
(2018-07-10, 10:05 AM)GearedUp Wrote:
(2018-07-04, 01:39 PM)Andrew Wrote: Annihilation

I can see how it would not be for everyone but I loved it. thought it was amazing.  Its by the same guy who did Ex Machina and is in a sort of similar vein.

For whatever reason, I just couldn’t get into Annihilation. I loved Ex Machina. It may have been my cowatchers there just weren’t into it either so it lessened my experience with it. 

I did love The Endless though. Some very well done camera shots, and a creepy atmosphere was created both in the daylight and also at night. The visual effects were of a lower budget but worked.

Also just saw JP Fallen Kingdom, and I am now enthralled with discovering parallels between it and SW The Last Jedi.

Both franchises that are out of ideas?

Odd stance. The biggest criticism most people have of TLJ is essentially that it has too many new ideas.

I was talking the Star Wars franchise as a whole not just TLJ.  That film has a whole bunch of bigger problems but I'm not getting into that with you again.  Been through this Last Jedi debate with you in other threads.  I refuse to discuss this crappy movie with you in yet another thread on this board.

Thanks given by:
Oh yeah thats right. Your taste in movies is terrible. Carry on.
Thanks given by:
American Made with Tom Cruise is very entertaining, I got a big kick out of it.
Thanks given by:
Saw ready player One. Really enjoyed it. Had a Goonies and Willy Wonka vibe. The villain was a bit weak. Not the actor but just the character. Just seemed like generic corporate guy.

Battle scene at the end was great. Will have to go and pause it to look at all the characters.
Thanks given by:
Hotel Transylvania 3...was okay...definitely for kids and anyone else who liked the first two...it's much of the same. I laughed a couple times...the 5 year old laughed a lot more.

Jurassic World...another "just okay" movie. Wasn't bad, but on the scale of Jurassic Park movies, I might put it ahead of only JP 3. Were a couple moments the tug on the heartstrings a bit, but on the whole the story just wasn't there. The door is wide open for a sequel, so we'll just have to see where this is going.
Thanks given by: